Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars make the perfect dessert! These Pillsbury cake mix bars come together easily with Dove Chocolate and peanut butter to make holiday baking dreamy and delicious!
Delicious Cake Mix Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
It’s time to start thinking about holiday baking! What to bring to the cookie exchange? How about the neighbors? What to have on hand when company stops by?!
Here’s your answer! These delicious Cake Mix Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars are so easy and delicious you’ll have a hard time sharing – and not eating them all yourself!
My husband and kiddos love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. What could be better!? I’m not sure there is a more classic dessert flavor combination than chocolate and peanut butter!
Table of Contents
Holiday Baking Traditions
Whoever started the cookie exchange tradition was genius! It’s so merry to come together with friends and celebrate the season. It’s also nice to bake once and come away with dozens of delicious treats!
My friend hosts a cookie exchange every year and the baking talents of those she invites is pretty incredible. Definitely a highlight of my holidays. Shhh, don’t tell. She’s quite the decorator too, so I always borrow a few holiday decorating ideas while I’m there!
A favorite to bring to the cookie exchange are these Cake Mix Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars. They bake up perfectly and with the addition of Dove Chocolate Gifts in the center, the fudgy middle is melt-in-your-mouth amazing! Dove Chocolate Gifts are also good for justing snacking on! (I won’t tell the kids if you won’t)
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
All the supplies you need are easily found at Target. My go-to store for all my shopping! From the Pillsbury cake Mix to the Dove Chocolate Gifts and even Ziploc storage containers and Ziploc bags, they have it all and more! Don’t forget to stop at the dollar spot for some seasonal finds! They have the cutest holiday decorations!
Now, let’s get baking!
If you’ve tried these Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
- 1 15.25 oz box Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Dove Chocolate Gifts (about 20 unwrapped pieces)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine Pillsbury cake mix, melted butter, peanut butter, and eggs in a large bowl, mix until combined.
- Reserving 1 1/2 cup of the mixture to crumble on top, press the cake batter into a 9X13 pan.
- In a small pot, melt unwrapped Dove Chocolates, chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Spread chocolate mixture over the batter pressed in the pan and then crumble the 1 1/2 cups of reserved cake mixture on top evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars. Store in an airtight Ziploc container.
Gifting Your Peanut Butter Chocolate Bar Treats
One of the best ways to store and transport your holiday baking goodies is Ziploc holiday containers and holiday bags.
They come in festive holiday designs and the containers are reusable. They make giving holiday treats so simple and effortless. Just add a tag, ribbon or bow and you’re all set!
It just cannot be denied, peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven! So grab your baking supplies and bake up some dreamy Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars with yellow cake mix today!
Subscribe for an awesome FREEBIE!