Cranberry Bliss Saltine Toffee is the best homemade holiday treat idea! Crispy crackers, sweet caramel, and melted white chocolate topped with tart cranberries. An irresistible dessert combination! That's why it's called cranberry crack!
We have all the best Easy Christmas Treats to make this year! Don't forget to try our original Saltine Toffee!
Cranberry White Chocolate Saltine Toffee
The first time we took a bite of a cranberry bliss bar, we were hooked! So what could be better than taking cranberry bliss and marrying it with our other favorite holiday treat - Saltine Toffee!
This Cranberry Bliss Saltine Toffee is something special--that's why it's often called cranberry crack!
Crispy crackers, sweet buttery caramel, and melted white chocolate topped with tart cranberries. Mmmmm!
Do you know why Saltine Toffee is so good? It's that salty-sweet thing.
The combo is incredible. We never thought saltine crackers would be an irresistible dessert, but this recipe is so addictive, we are totally wrong!
It is no wonder it's called Christmas Crack! Highly addictive!
You should also try our Traditional Toffee or Almond Roca recipe. It’s highly sought after. We make it every holiday for family and co-workers.
This White Chocolate Toffee has a slight advantage over Almond Roca.
It’s a little quicker to make than the traditional version, but the taste is just phenomenal.
How To Make White Chocolate Saltine Toffee
This recipe is so simple. Even those with few kitchen skills can make it!
Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F and placing your oven rack in the middle position.
In the first step, create one layer of saltine crackers on your pan lined with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
Tip: Make sure your parchment paper is larger than your pan for easy cleanup.
Next, combine the brown sugar and butter in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil for 3 minutes.
This creates that yummy, buttery toffee! So good!
Immediately after it’s done boiling, spread it on the saltines, evenly coating all the crackers.
Then, place in a 400-degree F. oven for 5-6 minutes.
Once out of the oven, spread the white chocolate morsels on the top. When it’s slightly set, sprinkle the cranberries over the top! Push them in slightly to make sure they stay securely.
Cool, break into pieces, and enjoy!!
Seriously, you need to make a full tray of these and keep it around all season long!
Other Christmas Treats
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark - easy to make chocolate bark infused with peppermint.
Homemade Almond Roca - the traditional toffee candy.
Peanut Butter Saltine Toffee - a perfect mixture of peanut butter and chocolate made into cracker toffee!
Reindeer Chow - one easy treat made with Chex mix to munch on all season long.
Rolo Pretzel Reindeer - cute and so easy to make, a 4-ingredient reindeer treat that's perfect for parties.
Saltine Toffee as a Homemade Gift
Cranberry Bliss Saltine Toffee makes a great homemade gift idea. Neighbors love this stuff!! Here are some ideas to package up your Saltine Toffee as a gift for your teachers!
The Secrets To The Best Cranberry Bliss Saltine Toffee
- Make sure the butter and sugar are truly boiling before you start timing for 3 minutes.
The downsideThe upside to Saltine Toffee is that it doesn’t keep long, so it is best eaten within a week or so. You can freeze it for 2-3 months.
- Because this recipe is made of mostly butter, using high-quality butter yields the perfect flavor.
- This homemade toffee candy is so sticky, use parchment paper or your Silpat to assemble. (Our Silpat mat is our go-to baking and treat-making kitchen item!! You need one of these, so your recipes and cookies turn out amazing!)
We Love Hearing From You!
If you try this White Toffee Candy or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below, we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
You can also FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts, parenting tips + DIYs!
We are grateful to be of service and bring you amazing content free of charge. This post may contain affiliate links that won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full disclosure policy here.
Cranberry Bliss Saltine Toffee
- parchment paper
- Baking pan
- 40 saltine crackers (about a sleeve and a half)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups white chocolate morsels
- 5 oz. dried cranberries (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Link cookie sheet with parchment paper or Silpat mat.
- Combine sugar and butter in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Let boil for 3 minutes. Pour immediately over saltines making sure all the crackers are completely covered. Spread evenly across crackers.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle white chocolate morsels over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate and top with chopped dried cranberries. Push cranberries in the chocolate to make sure they say.
- Drizzle white a little white chocolate if desired. Refrigerate toffee for 2 hours. Once set, break into pieces. Enjoy!
Try These Recipes:
Jennifer Bowerman says
The white chocolate chips did not melt at all. I even tried to toss it back into the oven to melt them but it turned into a worse mess. I covered it with regular chocolate and melted so that I didn't waste the whole thing but I really wanted the pretty white with the red cranberry. I actually used this recipe because I didn't want to use a double boiler. Next time I will know better
Erin Henry says
When melting chocolate for sweets, the quality of your chocolate matters, especially with white chocolate. Better quality yields the best results. If your chocolate isn't melting, you can also try adding a tiny bit of oil.