These No-bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies make a perfect indulgent treat. Made with cocoa powder, dark chocolate, peanut butter, and oats, these no-bake cookies are a winner! No need to turn on the oven!
It was late one night, and we saw these No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies online and had to have them.
If you’re a fan of chocolate and peanut butter, you likely have the simple ingredients in your pantry right now to make these! They are perfect for a last-minute dessert!
So why not whip up a batch of these No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies and indulge!
If you want a healthier version, then make these Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Cookies.
Table of Contents
Why These No-Bake Chocolate Cookies are the Best!
- You don’t need a mixer or an oven.
- Only 9 simple pantry ingredients are needed.
- Because chocolate and peanut butter are amazing!
- It takes almost no time at all to make them!
- They are such an easy beginner cooks can make them.
This recipe is modified from the Food Network one. However, we love the richness of dark chocolate, so we swapped it for regular chocolate.
Because of the added dark chocolate, we decreased the sugar a little bit as well. They turned out amazing!
Another favorite dark chocolate treat is Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies. Mmmm, mmm!
How to Make – Step By Step
Step 1: Line a Baking Sheet
To start, line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment. We like to use our Silpat Mat.
Grab your medium saucepan, and let’s get to these easy, peasy cookies!
Step 2: Bring Ingredients to a Boil
Next, bring your sugar, milk, butter, cocoa, and dark chocolate morsels to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, then let boil for 1 minute.
Step 3: Add Remaining Ingredients
Now, remove the mixture from the heat. Add the oats, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt, and stir to combine.
Step 4: Place Cookies on Baking Sheet
Then, quickly drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, flatten slightly to make a cookie shape.
Step 5: Let Cookies Cool
Let the cookies sit at room temperature until cooled and hardened, about 30 minutes.
Tips & Tricks
- Get all your ingredients ready because once the mixture comes off the store, it comes together quickly.
- Using a cookie scoop will help you easily get the batter on the baking tray.
- Although we have not tried it, some readers have used instant oats with good results.
- If you want to stir in some coconut shavings or chips, that would be a nice addition.
- Although not our favorite, you can use crunchy peanut butter in the recipe.
- To make these no-bake cookies gluten-free, use certified gluten-free oats.
How to Avoid Crumbly Cookies
- Make sure you measure your ingredients correctly. Having your ingredient proportions off (especially the oats) will make the whole recipe off.
- Do not overcook your mixture. You only need to boil the mixture for 60 seconds. Set a timer and take it off the heat immediately. Then add your remaining ingredients.
More No-Bake Recipes
How To Store
Cool your Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies completely, and then refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days. We think they can easily last at least a week.
You can also freeze these cookies. Again, cool completely and then store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Follow our tips for preventing freezer burn, and your food always tastes good!
How Long Do Dark Chocolate Cookies Last?
Although it was suggested to eat these cookies within 3 days, they were wonderful a week later 🙂
We know you’re thinking, how can that be. Cookies left over for a week? Yep, delicious till the last morsel was gone!
We Love Hearing How it Goes!
If you try these No-Bake Cookies or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below; we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
Easy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- Mixing spoon
- Parchment or wax paper
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk (low-fat or regular)
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons unsalted butter)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate morsels
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Generous pinch salt
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment.
- Bring sugar, milk, butter, cocoa, and dark chocolate morsels to a boil in a medium pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, then let boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat. Add oats, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt, and stir to combine.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, flatten slightly.
- Let sit at room temperature until cooled and hardened, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
This recipe was originally published on June 2, 2016. We updated it with enhanced instructions on August 2, 2020.
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure Policy here.