Treat your family and friends or that special someone to Chocolate Chip Valentine’s Day Cookies this Valentine’s Day. A homemade gift is always better than store bought!
Valentine’s Day Cookies
There is just something special about heart-shaped baked goods – they warm your soul. I love giving them away! Here’s a recipe for Chocolate Chip Valentine’s Day Cookies that bake up soft and chewy, with a touch of crunch on the outside, just the way a chocolate chip cookie should be!
Valentine’s Day and chocolate just go together, don’t ya think?!
If you’re into crafting then check out this DIY Valentine’s Day “love” Wood Box!
Recipe for Valentine’s Day Cookies
f you’ve tried these Valentine’s Day Cookies or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Valentine's Day Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray pan with non-stick spray.
- In medium bowl, combine four, baking soda and salt.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars with mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press dough into pan cavities, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove and cool completely on cooling rack.
- Dip in chocolate or add sprinkles for decorations.
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
How to Bake A Heart Shaped Cookie
Get creative with your decorations for your Valentine’s Day Cookies…Dip in red or pink melted chocolate, pretty them up with sprinkles or place a candy heart in the middle. It all works!
These Valentine’s Day Cookies make a perfect after school treat or anytime snack that says I love you!
Other Valentine’s Day Ideas
Another Valentine’s Day favorite is this recipe for Whoopie Pies.
You many also enjoy this recipe for homemade Almond Roca.
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!