Valentine’s Day Puppy Chow is the perfect treat for the holiday. An amazing combination of salty and sweet that’s kinda addictive! With a few simple ingredients you can munch on this delicious dessert in minutes.
Valentine’s Day Puppy Chow
Since my Easter Bunny Chow and Reindeer Chow are soooo popular, I think it’s time for some Valentine’s Day Puppy Chow as well! There are tons of recipes out there for Valentine’s Day Muddy Buddies, but this recipe takes me back to my childhood with the addition of pink and white Frosted Circus Animal Cookies.
Oh, the memories! I loved these coated little cookies with their sprinkles since I was teeny tiny. Did you know they’ve been around since 1914?? That’s amazing. But, they’re pretty darn good, so I can see why!
To balance the sweetness in this recipe, there are also salty pretzels mixed in too!
What could be better than a salty sweet combo from a crunchy little snack? My daughter says that’s the best part. She has a bit of a sweet tooth, so also likes me to make these Chocolate Chip Valentine’s Cookies, but she especially likes Valentine’s Day Saltine Toffee.
Well, everyone in the house does!
There are so many festive opportunities to share Valentine’s Day Puppy Chow.
- School Parties
- Valentine’s Day Parties
- Galentine’s Day Get Togethers
- Gifts for friends and Neighbors
- Movie Night
Or, just plain snack time!
For your convenience, this post contains affiliate links which means I may make a small commission if you make a purchase. This is at no additional cost to you. Full Disclosure policy here.
How to Make a Valentine’s Day Snack Mix
This recipe is so easy, you only need a few ingredient and you have what you need for the perfect party mix:
- Chex Mix Cereal (any variety)
- White Candy Melts (or white chocolate)
- Powdered Sugar
- Frosted Animal Cookies
- Pretzels Twists
- Seasonal candies (M&Ms work well)
- Gallon-sized Plastic Bags
- Smaller Plastic Bags for Smashing Cookies and Pretzels
The first step, grab a cookie pan and line it with parchment paper. Set it aside. Next, you’ll divide your Chex Mix between two plastic bags and set aside.
Next, smash your Circus Animals in a plastic bag with a rolling pin. Leave some in large pieces for variety. Do the same with your pretzels, but leaving them in fairly large pieces.
Now, melt your candy melts in the microwave according to package directions. Pour the candy in the plastic bags and toss/shake around to coat all the cereal.
It’s time to add your powdered sugar and toss that to cover the candy coated cereal pieces. Now, add in your cookies and pretzels and mix.
Finally, place it on your tray to solidly and add your red, pink & white M&MS.
Voila! It’s ready to enjoy.
If you’ve tried this Valentine’s Day Puppy Chow or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Valentine's Day Puppy Chow
- 9 cups Chex Cereal any variety or combination
- 16 oz White Candy Melts
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 cups Frosted Animal Crackers
- 1 1/2 cups Pretzel Twists
- 1 cup Seasonal M&Ms
- Line a cookie pan with parchment paper. Set aside. Next, divide Chex Mix between two gallon-size plastic bags and set aside.
- Smash your Circus Animal Cookies in a plastic bag with a rolling pin. Leave some in larger pieces for variety. Do the same with your pretzels, but leaving them in fairly large pieces.
- Melt your candy melts in the microwave according to package directions. Pour half the melted candy in each plastic bag and shake around to coat all the cereal.
- Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar to each bag and toss to cover the candy coated cereal pieces. Now, add in half cookies and pretzels to each bag and mix. You can add a few larger cookie pieces for color.
- Place it on cookie pan to solidly and add red, pink & white M&MS. Enjoy!
You May Also Like these Valentine’s Day Treats:
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!