Try these Easy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars filled with fresh strawberries and a delicious crumbly topping. A healthy, whole grain breakfast, snack idea, or light dessert the whole family will fall in love with!
We love making Oatmeal Bars for healthy snacks!
Table of Contents
Easy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
Oatmeal is one of those comfort foods that is great when you eat it warm by the bowl with a dash of cinnamon or baked up into a tasty bar. This recipe for Easy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars is bursting with a ton of flavor and has a wonderful crumbly top.
This recipe is one of the best ways to use up strawberries before they go bad.
Plus, it’s a healthy food recipe because it uses minimal sugar and whole grains.
This Easy Oatmeal Bar is the recipe that started out our family’s love of bars baked with oatmeal.
Why Make Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars?
Did you know? Oats are among the healthiest grains on earth.
So cool! They’re a gluten-free whole grain and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. We’re always looking for healthy alternatives to packaged food, so when you bake oats into a bar and it tastes this good, you can not go wrong!
It’s almost like a fruit crisp!
Perfect for snack time or any time! We make Easy Oatmeal Bar Recipes for breakfast, lunches, after school snacks, park days, and road trips because everyone can’t get enough.
Our Instagram followers love this recipe. See what they’re saying here >>
Some days you crave something healthy, but don’t have time to bake something up. That’s why I always make 2 batches of these STRAWBERRY ???? OATMEAL BARS. One to eat warm right out of oven and one for the freezer so I can pull them out when the mood strikes! ????????????????????????Grab the easy recipe with the link in bio and make a couple batches this weekend! . . #sweet #foodgawker #wprecipemaker #food52 #suburbansimplicity #instayum #foodblogeats #eatingfortheinsta #huffposttaste #yahoofood #thefeedfeed #onthetable #eeeeeats #foodblogs #strawberry #bakedoatmeal #foodie #eatrealfood #gloobyfood #kitchenbowl
Ingredients for Healthy Oat Bars with Strawberries
You need a few pantry staples and you’re ready to bake!
- Butter – you can also use coconut oil.
- Vanilla extract – pure vanilla extract is our preference.
- Whole wheat flour – yes, you can use all-purpose flour, white whole wheat or a combination of flours.
- Old fashioned oats – don’t use quick-cooking (instant) oats as the texture will be too dense.
- Honey – just a touch for sweetness. You can also use maple syrup.
- Brown sugar – light or dark brown sugar is fine.
- Cinnamon – just a hint to complement the oatmeal.
- Salt – we love using sea salt, but any salt will do.
- Fresh strawberries – these make the best filling.
- Lemon juice – just to give the filling a little tartness.
How to Make Oatmeal Bars with Fresh Strawberries
This recipe is so simple, you’ll wonder why you haven’t tried it before! It’s a great one to use up fresh strawberries.
One bowl. One pan. One delicious snack!
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line your baking dish with parchment paper.
Place all your dry ingredients for the main recipe, plus the melted butter and vanilla in a large bowl and mix.
Cut fresh strawberries into chunks.
Reserve 1 cup of the oat mixture and place the remainder in your 8×8 prepared pan and pat down slightly.
For the filling, sprinkle with half of the strawberries, half of the tablespoon of whole wheat flour, and then the lemon over the layer of oat mixture.
Layer on the rest of the strawberries and remaining whole wheat flour.
Place the reserved cup of the oat crumble mixture on the strawberries and place in the oven and bake the bars for approximately 40-45 minutes.
Get ready for your house to smell amazing!
Tips for The Best Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- This recipe yields the best results if you use old fashioned oats, not instant oats.
- We prefer using the healthy option of whole wheat flour, but regular all-purpose flour would also work.
- As an alternative, you can use frozen strawberries in the recipe. Just make sure they are thawed in the first. However, you may want to increase the flour that is placed on the berries so that the filling isn’t too watery.
How to Store Strawberry Oatmeal Squares
- To store, layer the bars between waxed paper in an airtight container. Keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. They are best if you bring back to room temperature before serving.
- Strawberry Oatmeal Bars can be frozen for up to 3 months, just bring to room temperature when ready to eat them. Make sure to follow our tips to prevent freezer burn!
Did you know? Strawberry Oat Bars are amazing as a healthier dessert as well. No surprise, we prefer them served warm with a generous scoop of ice cream. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
Supplies Used for These Oatmeal Bars
We Love Hearing From You!
If you try these Strawberry Breakfast Bars or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below, we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
Easy Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 8x8 baking pan
- parchment paper
Crust & Crumble Topping
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted ((you can substitute coconut oil))
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups old fashioned oats ((not instant))
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line the bottom of an 8x8 pan with parchment paper, foil or with cooking spray.
- To make the crust & crumble, place the whole wheat flour, regular oats, honey, brown sugar, ground cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Stir in melted butter and vanilla until just combined. The mixture should be a little dry and crumbly. Reserve 1 cup of the mixture, this will be your crumble topping.
- Add the oat mixture to the prepared baking pan. Press mixture into the bottom of the pan in an even layer.
- Cut up fresh strawberries. Scatter half of the strawberries over crust. Sprinkle the tablespoon of whole wheat flour evenly over the top, then sprinkle on the lemon juice. Scatter on the remaining berries.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the top of the strawberries.
- Bake the bars for 40-45 minutes. Remove the bars from the pan and let sit for 10 minutes. Cut and enjoy!
- This recipe is best if you use old fashioned oats, not instant oats.
- We like using the healthy option of whole wheat flour, but regular flour would also work.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator of roughly 5 days.
This recipe was originally published on May 9th, 2017. It was updated with enhanced instructions on April 7, 2020.
Since oats are one of the most nutrient-rich foods and are so yummy, add a little fresh fruit and enjoy a pan of Strawberry Oat Bars today!
You just might want to try these too!