Blueberry Oatmeal Bars are a nutritious and delicious recipe the whole family will devour. One bowl and one pan are all you need for these easy & healthy oatmeal bars bursting with fresh blueberries!
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
Easy Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
Do you struggle with finding healthy breakfast or snack choices for your family? Something that doesn’t come from a package and contain questionable ingredients?
Our family is a little obsessed with nutritious Easy Oatmeal Bars! This time of year when berries are in season, this Strawberry Oatmeal Bar Recipe and these Easy Blueberry Oatmeal Bars are made weekly!
Not only are they simple to make, they contain minimal processed sugar so they are definitely a Healthy Food Recipe the whole family loves.
I should note, that with minimal sugar and whole grains, there bars aren’t overly sweet, but still delicious with their crumbly topping and baked blueberries!
One of the reasons we like them so much – Oats! Oats are among the healthiest grains on earth. They’re a gluten-free whole grain and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants.
I’m always looking for a healthy snacks for the kiddos, so when you bake oats into a bar and it tastes this good, you can’t go wrong!
We recently fell in love with these Oatmeal Banana Bars! Oh, so delish!
Blueberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe
This recipe comes together with one bowl and one pan with a few simple steps! Place all your dry ingredients for the main recipe, plus the melted butter and vanilla in a large bowl and mix.
Reserve 1 cup oat mixture and place the rest in the prepared pan and pat down. Place the washed blueberries, lemon juice, corn starch and coconut sugar (regular sugar if you prefer) in the bowl you used for the oat mixture. Stir to combine.
Place the blueberries on top of the oat mixture in the pan. Crumble reserved cup of oat mixture over blueberries and place in the oven for 45 minutes.
Get ready for your house to smell amazing!
Tips for The Best Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
- This recipe is best if you use old fashioned oats, not instant oats.
- I like using the healthy option of whole wheat flour, but regular flour would also work.
- To store, layer the bars between waxed paper in an airtight container. Keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Bring back to room temperature before serving.
- Blueberry Oatmeal Bars can be frozen for up to 3 months.
You can definitely do these Baked Oatmeal Bars for Breakfast. They are are quick grab-n-go recipe that’s healthy and a dream if you’re rushing out of the house (like we do most of the time)! Munch away!
What to Serve with Blueberry Oatmeal Bars!
Oh, and if you want to have them for dessert, they go great with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream 🙂
Items Used to Make This Recipe
If you’ve tried these Blueberry Oatmeal Bars or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Easy Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
Crust & Crumble Topping
- 6 Tablespoons butter , melted (you can substitute coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour (you can substitute regular flour)
- 1½ cups old fashioned oats (not instant)
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (you can substitute regular sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of an 8x8 pan with parchment paper, foil or with cooking spray.
- To make the crust & crumble, place whole wheat flour, regular oats, honey, brown sugar, ground cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Stir in melted butter and vanilla until just combined. Mixture should be a little dry and crumbly. Reserve 1 cup of the mixture, this will be your crumble topping.
- Add the oat mixture to the prepared baking pan. Press mixture into the bottom of the pan in an even layer.
- Place blueberries, lemon, coconut sugar and corn starch in the same bowl you mixed the oat mixture and stir to combine. Place the blueberries over the crust in an even layer.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the top of the blueberries.
- Bake the bars for 45 minutes. Remove the bars from the pan and let sit for 10 minutes. Cut and enjoy!
You Might Also Like:
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!