These Raspberry Oatmeal Bars are a must-try! You’ll love the few simple ingredients that come together to make a delicious crust and crumble layered with fresh raspberries. With whole grains, rolled oats, and minimal sugar, they’re a healthy option for a grab-n-go breakfast or tasty snack!
Table of Contents
Easy Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
You know we’re fans of Easy Oatmeal Bars around here!
Oh, what a glorious combination!
TIP: These bars make the perfect healthy Valentine’s Day breakfast!
Healthy Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
Do you know what makes these fresh raspberry bars so wholesome and delicious?
For one, they contain whole wheat flour, which contains several vitamins, including folate, riboflavin, and vitamins B-1, B-3, and B-5 – plus, it’s rich in fiber.
Then you have the oats that are among the healthiest grains on earth. They’re a gluten-free whole grain and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants.
These oatmeal squares also have fresh raspberries that taste amazing and contain strong antioxidants like Vitamin C, quercetin, and gallic acid that fight against cancer, heart, and circulatory disease.
So all in all, these bars are:
- Easy to bake.
- Make a great grab-n-go breakfast.
- Taste amazing.
- Are packed full of vitamins and antioxidants.
What’s not to love!
Easy Blueberry Oatmeal Bars are good too! Baked blueberries bursting with flavor and a crumbly topping!
How to Make Fresh Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
This is one delicious recipe! Let’s get started…
Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper, set aside. (this makes them easier to get out.) Also, wash and dry your fresh raspberries.
Step 1 – Make Crust and Topping
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. (177 degrees C.)
To make the oat crust and crumble topping, place all your dry ingredients for the main recipe, plus the melted butter and vanilla, in a large bowl and mix with a whisk.
Step 2 – Reserve Topping and Place Remaining in Pan
Now, reserve 1 cup crumb mixture and place the rest in the prepared pan and pat down.
Step 3 – Make Filling
Then, mash fresh raspberries in a small bowl. For the filling, spread mashed raspberries over the oat mixture.
Next, crumble the reserved cup of the oat mixture on the raspberries and place it in the oven for 30 minutes. The topping should be golden brown when done.
Get ready for your house to smell ah-mazing!
Optional Drizzle Topping
If you like your raspberry oat bars a little sweeter, you can drizzle either melted white chocolate on top or icing made with powdered sugar and a little milk.
Tips for The Best Raspberry Oatmeal Bar
- This recipe is best if you use old fashioned rolled oats, not instant oats.
- We like using the healthy option of whole wheat flour, but regular white flour would also work.
- To make these Raspberry Jam Bars, use raspberry jam in place of the fresh raspberries.
- You can substitute coconut oil for the butter if you like.
How to Make Vegan Raspberry Bars with Oatmeal
- Substitute the butter for coconut oil.
- Substitute the honey for maple syrup.
To make these oat squares gluten-free, use certified gluten-free oats, and use a 1:1 gluten-free flour substitute.
How to Store Raspberry Bars
- To store, layer the bars between waxed paper in an airtight container. Keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Bring back to room temperature before serving.
- This Raspberry Bar Recipe can be frozen for up to 3 months; bring it to room temperature when ready to eat them.
Supplies Used for These Oatmeal Bars
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
We Love Hearing from YOU!
If you try these Healthy Raspberry Bars or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below, we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
Easy Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
- Baking pan
Crust & Crumble Topping
- 6 Tablespoons butter (melted (you can substitute coconut oil))
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups old fashioned oats (not instant)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds ((optional))
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg ((if you like nutmeg, use 1/2 teaspoon if you don't leave it out) )
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line the bottom of an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper, foil, or with cooking spray.
- To make the crust & crumble, place the whole wheat flour, regular oats, honey, brown sugar, ground nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl and mix. Stir in melted butter and vanilla until just combined. The mixture should be a little dry and crumbly. Reserve 1 cup of the mixture, this will be your crumble topping.
- Add the oat mixture to the prepared baking pan. Press mixture into the bottom of the pan in an even layer.
- Mash fresh raspberries and then spread over oat mixture.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the top of the raspberries.
- Bake the bars for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the bars from the pan and let sit for 10 minutes. Cut and enjoy!
This post was published in May 2018, and we updated it with enhanced instructions and images on July 23, 2020.
Other Oatmeal Bar Recipes