These Raspberry Oatmeal Bars are a must-try! With only 10 minutes of prep, you'll love the delicious buttery crust and crumble layered with fresh raspberries. They're a healthy option for a grab-n-go breakfast or tasty snack!
You know we're fans of Easy Oatmeal Bars around here!
Oh, what a glorious combination and a perfect snack!
PRO TIP: These bars make the perfect healthy Valentine's Day breakfast!Erin
Why We Love These Oatmeal Bars
In short, these bars are:
- So easy to make.
- Delicious tasting with its buttery crust and streusel-like topping.
- An excellent grab-n-go breakfast or snack.
- Packed full of vitamins and antioxidants.
Do you know what makes these fresh raspberry bars so wholesome and delicious?
- They contain whole wheat flour, which includes several vitamins, including folate, riboflavin, and vitamins B-1, B-3, and B-5 - plus, it's rich in fiber.
- Then you have oats, which are among the healthiest grains on earth. They're a gluten-free whole grain and a great source of essential vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants.
- These oatmeal squares also have fresh raspberries that taste amazing and contain potent antioxidants like Vitamin C, quercetin, and gallic acid that fight against cancer, heart, and circulatory disease.
To make these Rasberry Crumb Bars with a buttery oatmeal crust, you'll need these simple main ingredients:
- BUTTER - we like using salted butter in this recipe, but you could use unsalted butter and add more than a pinch to the crust/crumble mixture.
- VANILLA EXTRACT - we always use pure vanilla extract for the best flavor.
- WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR - using whole wheat flour ups the nutritional value of the recipe.
- OLD-FASHIONED ROLLED OATS - oats make an incredible base for your bars and crumb topping.
- HONEY & BROWN SUGAR - to sweeten the bars, but not make them overly sweet.
The full ingredient list and instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
Substitutions & Variations
- We like using the healthy option of whole wheat flour, but regular all-purpose flour also works.
- You can substitute coconut oil for butter if you like.
- To make these Raspberry Jam Bars, use raspberry jam or raspberry preserves in place of fresh raspberries.
This recipe is delicious! Let's get started...
Line an 8x8 square pan with parchment paper, and set aside. (this makes them easier to get out.) Also, wash and dry your fresh raspberries.
Step 1 - Make Crust and Topping
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (177 degrees C.)
To make the oat crust and crumble topping, place all your dry ingredients for the main recipe, plus the melted butter and vanilla, in a large bowl and mix with a whisk.
Step 2 - Reserve Topping and Place Remaining in Pan
Now, reserve 1 cup of the oatmeal crumble mixture and place the rest in the prepared baking dish and pat down.
Step 3 - Make Filling
Then, mash fresh raspberries in a small bowl. For the filling, spread mashed raspberries over the oat mixture.
Next, crumble the reserved cup of the crumb topping on the raspberry mixture and place it in the oven for 30 minutes. The topping should be golden brown when done.
Let it cool on a wire rack before cutting into it!
Optional Drizzle Topping
If you like your fresh raspberry oat bars a little sweeter, you can drizzle either melted white chocolate on top or icing made with powdered sugar and a little milk.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- This Raspberry Oatmeal Bar recipe is best if you use old-fashioned rolled oats, not instant oats or quick oats.
- Gluten-Free: To make these oat squares gluten-free, use certified gluten-free oats and a 1:1 gluten-free flour substitute.
- To make your bars more of a treat, drizzle with melted white chocolate.
- To Store: To store your raspberry bars, layer the bars between waxed paper in an airtight container. Keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Bring back to room temperature before serving.
- To Freeze: You can freeze this Raspberry Bar Recipe in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months; bring it to room temperature when ready to eat them.
How to Make Vegan Raspberry Bars with Oatmeal
Follow the main recipe with these substitutions:
- Substitute the butter for coconut oil.
- Substitute the honey for maple syrup.
More Oatmeal Bar Recipes
If you love healthy oatmeal bars, mix it up with these delicious choices:
A few more oat bar favorites!
We Love Hearing from YOU!
★ Did you make this Raspberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Easy Raspberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe
- Baking pan
- parchment paper
Crust & Crumble Topping
- 6 Tablespoons butter (melted, you can substitute coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups old fashioned oats (not instant oats)
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds (optional)
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg (if you like nutmeg, use ½ teaspoon if you don't leave it out )
- pinch salt
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and wash and dry the raspberries.
- Line the bottom of an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, foil, or cooking spray.
- To make the crust & crumble, place the whole wheat flour, regular oats, honey, brown sugar, ground nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl and mix. Stir in melted butter and vanilla until just combined. The mixture should be a little dry and crumbly. Reserve 1 cup of the mixture; this will be your crumble topping.
- Add the oat mixture to the prepared baking pan—press mixture into the bottom of the pan in an even layer.
- Mash fresh raspberries and then spread over oat mixture.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the top of the raspberries.
- Bake the bars for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the bars from the pan with the parchment paper and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Cut and enjoy!
- Recipe Tips: This recipe is best if you use old-fashioned oats, not instant oats. We like using the healthy option of whole wheat flour, but regular all-purpose flour also works.
- To Store: Layer the bars between waxed paper in an airtight container. Keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Bring back to room temperature before serving.
- Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: The bars will stay fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 days before baking. You can freeze the bars for up to 3 months. Thaw them overnight in the refrigerator before serving and glazing.
This post was published in May 2018, and we updated it with enhanced instructions and images on July 23, 2020.