Looking for an easy and casual dessert? This Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar is a quick treat you can whip up in 10 minutes. It’s a perfect way to serve a delicious shortcake recipe at summer BBQs, cookouts, or get-togethers.
This time of year is one of our favorites. It’s strawberry season!! Red. Sweet. Deliciousness. All the better if they’re fresh-picked! This Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar Recipe works for so many occasions and keeps your dessert in single servings.
If you’ve never picked fresh fruit before, you have to try it at least once. You’ll be amazed at the flavor!
Table of Contents
How to Serve Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits
There are so many recipes and sweet treats that are perfect for fresh strawberries. This Strawberry Shortcake in a mason jar one of our favorites that’s also one of the easiest. In addition, it makes a wonderful presentation.
We like to serve our shortcake in these half-pint mason jars. These jars are a perfect size.
Step By Step Instructions
Before you start, reserve a few strawberries for a garnish. This is optional but adds a little something extra to your finished dessert.
Step 1 – Cut Up Strawberries
Now, wash and dry all the strawberries. Then remove stems and chop them into quarters.
Step 2 – Add Sugar to Berries
Place strawberries in a medium bowl and mix 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar with the berries. Allow berries to sit for at least 30 minutes. This makes the berries soft and creates a sweet syrup.
Tip: You can leave the strawberries on the counter or refrigerate them while waiting.
Step 3 – Cut Cake
Next, cut your cake into 1-inch cubes.
Step 4 – Make Whipped Cream
It’s time to make your whipped cream. Combine heavy cream, 1 tablespoon sugar, and vanilla. Whip until stiff peaks form.
Tip: if you start with a chilled bowl, the cream whips faster.
Step 5 – Assemble Dessert
In each jar, layer cake, strawberries, whipped cream, and repeat these layers end with whip cream.
Finally, garnish with fresh strawberries if desired.
Other Strawberry Desserts
- Strawberry Lemonade Cookies
- Strawberry Lemon Cookie Cups
- Paleo Strawberry Balsamic Fig Jam
- Homemade Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
Right after the strawberry season is blueberry season, and that’s just as exciting! You get to make fresh Blueberry Cobbler with Cookie Dough Crust! Picking blueberries is even easier. Give it a try!
If you want some other dessert ideas, check out these Mason Jar Desserts.
Tip & Tricks
- This dessert should be refrigerated until ready to serve.
- You can make this easy dessert a few hours ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- We like to top our strawberry shortcake with a drizzle of chocolate.
We Love to Hear from You!
If you try this Strawberry Shortcake Recipe or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below; we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar
- 1 lb Angel Food Cake or Pound Cake
- 1 lb Strawberries
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup cold Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Reserve a few strawberries for garnish (optional)
- Wash and dry strawberries. Then remove stems and chop into quarters.
- Place strawberries in a medium bowl and mix 2 tablespoons sugar with berries. Allow berries to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut cake into 1-inch cubes.
- Combine heavy cream, 1 tablespoon sugar, and vanilla. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- In each jar layer cake, then strawberries, then whip cream and repeat these layers ending with whip cream.
- Top each jar with reserved strawberries.
Enjoy this Strawberry Shortcake in a Mason Jar all summer long!
Here are 52 other Strawberry Dessert Recipes to use with your fresh strawberries.
You May Also Like: