Strawberry Balsamic Flatbread is an easy recipe with lots of sweet and savory flavors. Fresh strawberries and basil on top crispy baked flatbread. The perfect summer appetizer, snack, or meal!
We are all about simple, healthy food recipes, especially when entertaining and definitely when it’s nice outside. Serving guests delicious recipes with fresh ingredients is the perfect way to make them feel at home. That’s why we love this recipe for Strawberry Balsamic Flatbread.
It always gets rave reviews – your guests will flip for its flavor!
This Strawberry Balsamic Flatbread with Mozzarella comes together in about 10 minutes but tastes amazing with ripe strawberries marinated in balsamic vinegar. We often serve this recipe and my Easy Homemade Hummus when we need some quick and healthy appetizers. Yum-mo!
Serve this flatbread throughout the summer since it’s light and pairs well with other appetizers, drinks, or snacks.
Sometimes we make it for lunch because it’s so simple and not too filling. It’s like a little Strawberry Balsamic Pizza!
Table of Contents
Ingredients for Strawberry Flatbread
- Flatbread – either regular or whole wheat flatbread.
- Mozzarella – shredded is best.
- Fresh Strawberries – washed and dried. Then, cut into slices.
- Balsamic Vinegar – good quality vinegar is best.
- Freas Basil – cut in thin slices.
- Chicken – an optional topping if you want a little protein. Just shred or chop it.
Tips & Tricks
- To make the Strawberry Balsamic Flatbread as healthy as possible, use whole wheat flatbread, but it’s great with regular as well.
- If you want to add cooked chicken to your recipe, shred or chop roasted chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to your flatbread when you add the strawberries. Using roasted chicken from the store is the perfect hack!
- A fancy little trick is to chiffonade fresh basil. (we love saying that word, it’s so pretty!) This is accomplished by stacking the basil leaves, rolling them tightly, then slicing the leaves perpendicular to the roll into tiny strips with a sharp knife. The delicate strips remain bright green and full of flavor. Plus, they look beautiful when incorporated into your spring and summer dishes!
- Using the best aged balsamic vinegar you can find makes a huge difference. The flavor is rich and elevates any dish. We can really taste the difference. Inexpensive balsamic vinegar just doesn’t measure up.
- You can make your strawberry marinade ahead of time and then assemble it right before you want to serve.
- This recipe is best served right after it’s made.
Other Strawberry Recipes
Variations for Strawberry Flatbread
The variations for this recipe are endless.
- You can add sweet onions to the marinade.
- Top with any variety of cheese. A little soft goat cheese or brie would be wonderful.
- Top with fresh mint instead of basil.
- Add roasted chicken. It’s excellent!
How to Store
Your flatbread recipe is best eaten after you make it, however, you can store any leftovers in an airtight container for a day or so.
We Love Hearing from YOU!
If you try this Strawberry Balsamic Flatbread Recipe or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below; we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
Strawberry Balsamic Flatbread Recipe
- Baking pan
- 2 flatbreads
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Fresh basil
- Wash and slice strawberries. Slice or chiffonade basil leaves.
- Place strawberries, basil, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl to marinate while you prepare the flatbread.
- Place 1/4 cup of mozzarella on each flatbread. Broil in oven until slightly brown. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Place marinated strawberries and basil on top of the flatbread. Add more basil for a garnish if desired.
- Slice and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
This recipe originally appeared on Somewhat Simple
Can you believe how easy that is? An effortless appetizer or light lunch recipe that’s tasty, healthy, and looks gorgeous on your table. What better way to enjoy summer entertaining and fresh strawberries!
You May Also Like: