Oreo Mini Cheesecakes are a delicious bite-sized dessert with creamy cheesecake and an amazing Oreo cookie crust. This 5-ingredient Oreo treat is easy and perfect for just about any occasion!
This recipe originally appeared on Real Housemoms
Oreo Mini Cheesecakes
Who else is a fan of cheesecake? It literally makes me swoon – creamy and dreamy. But then you add unexplainably delicious Oreos and you have a mouthwatering dessert masterpiece! Without hesitation, I can say, Oreo Mini Cheesecakes are the best dessert ever!
Whoever invented mini desserts – kudos to them! Brilliant. They’re the perfect size to enjoy a sweet treat without the guilt of a huge full-size cake or pie looking you in the eye. There are so many options too. These Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Cheesecake Filling and these S’mores Bites also had me at hello! Mini desserts are wonderful for any type of gathering, baby showers, birthdays, potlucks, whatever, because they’re individual servings – well, if you can resist going back for seconds!
The great thing about this recipe, you get an amazing cheesecake without the hassle of a water bath, and no worrying about a cracked, sunken center. The filling for this delicious cheesecake has just four simple ingredients, and the mini cakes bake in a mere 20 minutes. Plus, an Oreo cookie makes your crust. Now THAT’S easy!
How To Make Oreo Mini Cheesecakes
To get started, the crust is literally as easy as placing a cookie into the cupcake liner in a regular size cupcake pan. Boom! Crust done!
Next, you want to crush up your Oreo Cookies, which is as simple as putting them into a Ziploc bag and crushing them with a rolling pin or kitchen mallet. No judgement if a cookie sneaks into your mouth at this point 🙂
Now it’s time to combine your cheesecake ingredients. First, start mixing your cream cheese with a mixer. Then add the sugar and vanilla. Next, add an egg one at a time. And finally, add your crushed Oreo cookies and mix with a spatula.
Fill each muffin cup with batter.
Top with a few larger Oreo pieces.
Then, Bake and cool and finally refrigerate for 2 hours. Now it’s time to enjoy your perfectly-proportioned mini cakes!
Tips for Making Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- The cream cheese combines best with other ingredients if it’s room temperature. Take it out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before you plan to use it.
- Mini cheesecakes look even more delectable if they have some larger cookie pieces sprinkled on top. Reserve some larger piece when you crush your cookies up.
- In case you’re wondering, these Mini Oreo Cheesecakes are made without sour cream.
Another great thing about cheesecake– they freeze incredibly well. To freeze, place your cooled cheesecakes on a baking pan and freeze, uncovered, until firm. Remove the cheesecakes from the freezer, wrap individually in heavy duty aluminum foil and place in a freezer bag. Seal and return to freezer.
Freezing for more than a month is not recommended to retain the best quality.
If you’ve tried these Oreo Mini Cheesecakes or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Oreo Mini Cheesecakes
- 1 1/2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs added one at a time
- 20 whole Oreos (12 for crust, 1/4 cup Oreo crumbs and 4-5 whole Oreos broken into bigger pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Place 12 cupcake liners in a cupcake pan and then place one Oreo cookie in each liner. Crush up 1/4 cup Oreos for filling and break 4-5 coolies into larger pieces and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Sprinkle in the oreos crumbs and larger oreo pieces, mix with a spatula. Place a little more than 2 tbsp of cheesecake batter in each cupcake cup.
- Top the cheesecakes with additional oreo crumbs or larger oreo pieces if desired.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the center of the cheesecake is only slightly jiggly. Do not over bake.
- Allow mini cheesecakes to cool to room temperature, then place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to chill before serving. If refrigerating overnight, loosely cover the cheesecakes in plastic wrap.
Items used to Make this Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
Muffin Pan – perfect for all kinds of savory and sweet recipes!
Cookie Scoop – In addition to perfectly proportioned cookies, this utensil works well to get the batter in the muffin cups.
Making cheesecake, especially Oreo cheesecake, is easier than you think! Pre-heat that oven and whip up these Oreo Mini Cheesecakes today!
You May Also Like These Sweet Recipes:
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!