Peppermint Cheesecake with Oreo crust! The combination of creamy Philadelphia Cream cheese and white chocolate with an Oreo crust is too perfect!
Table of Contents
Peppermint Cheesecake Recipe
People get so excited when they see and taste this Peppermint Cheesecake recipe! This combination of creamy Philadelphia Cream cheese and white chocolate with an Oreo crust is just too perfect! Through the process of modifying a couple different recipes, I’ve come up with a version that isn’t too time consuming or complicated to prepare, but has amazing taste and texture. This version cuts down cooking and prep time by about an hour. Total bonus during the holidays!
How to Make a Peppermint Cheesecake with Oreo Crust
In just about ten minutes you can pop this luscious Peppermint Cheesecake into the oven.
Kids love crushing the Oreos for the crust and the candy for the topping! They made great helpers! These Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are also a kid favorite!
Once it came out of the oven, the kiddos had a hard time waiting for it to cool to put the topping and starlight bits on!
You May Also Like These Holiday Desserts
If you’ve tried Peppermint Cheesecake or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Peppermint Cheesecake Recipe
- 25 cream filled chocolate wafers (such as original Oreos, finely crushed)
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Peppermint essential oil (or peppermint extract)
- 4 oz softened white chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely crushed starlight mints (divided)
- 1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- Shaved chocolate
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl using a fork, stir together crushed cream filled chocolate wafers with melted butter until mixture is evenly moistened. Firmly press mixture into an even layer in bottom pie dish.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes then remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, white chocolate and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add eggs; mix just until blended. Add 10 drops of peppermint essential oil (or as much as you prefer).
- Stir in 1/2 cup crushed mints.
- Pour into crust; sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the remaining crushed mints.
- Bake 40 min. or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm. Top with COOL WHIP and remaining crushed mints and shaved chocolate just before serving. (You can add a few drops of peppermint oil to the whip topping if you want a stronger flavor.)
Decorate Your Peppermint Cheesecake
This Peppermint Cheesecake Recipe was a big hit for adults and kids alike! We shaved some extra dark chocolate on top, but you can garnish however you like. Round peppermint candies make a great addition or even candy canes!
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
Items Used to Make This Recipe
This Red Pie Plate makes a perfect presentation with your Peppermint Cheesecake inside. Plus, it’s good year round for pie making!
Starlight Mint Candies are perfect for this recipe! Both inside and for decorations.
If you’re a fan of peppermint, check out this DIY recipe for rejuvenating Peppermint Bath Salts.