Looking for a yummy dessert recipe everyone loves? Try these tasty little S’mores Bites! They’re easy to make in your oven, no campfire required!
Yummy S’mores Bites
Have you met many people who don’t like S’mores? Me either. They seem to be one of those desserts everyone, young and old, can agree on. You even mention the word in my house and you get cheers of delight. Crisp graham crackers, gooey melted chocolate and tasted marshmallows…oh, yeah. That’s why it’s a brilliant idea to make S’mores Bites in your oven…no campfire required!
You may know I’m a fan of using my mini cupcake pan for baking all kinds of goodies besides cupcakes. Anything bite size is just good!
Cookie cups are all the rage in my house right now. We’ve made dreamy Strawberry Lemon Cookie Cups as well as my personal favorite, because it marries two of the BEST desserts EVER, Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Cheesecake Filling. Oh, my, almost too good!
How to Make S’mores Bites
How cool is it that your oven does all the work for these S’mores Bites? It’s really so simple.
Place the crushed buttered graham crackers and sugar in cupcake pan. Bake slightly. Place a piece of chocolate and then a marshmallow cut in half on top and bake a little more. Finish with a tiny bit of broil to get that perfectly browned marshmallow top.
And voila! You have a dessert everyone loves!
Silly me, I tried making the recipe without the added sugar in the graham cracker crumbs to have just a teensy bit less sweetness. What I found is that they need the crystallization of the sugar to stay together. Although the bites tasted good and had a little less sugar, they feel apart when I tried to take them out of the cupcake pan. So trust me, leave it in 🙂
If you’ve tried these S’MORES BITES or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Yummy S’mores Bites
- 5 graham crackers about 1 package
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1.55 ounce Hershey bars, broken into squares
- 12 marshmallows cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush the graham crackers finely using a food processor or a ziplock bag and a rolling pin.
- In a small bowl, mix together the graham crackers, butter, and powdered sugar. Scoop about one teaspoon of the graham cracker mixture into 24 wells of a mini muffin tin and use your fingers to press the crumbs down.
- Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges are golden. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t burn.
- While graham cracker crust bakes, break the candy into the divided rectangle pieces. Also cut the marshmallows in half using kitchen scissors. Keep scissors in warm water so the marshmallow doesn’t stick.
- Remove pan from the oven and place one chocolate rectangle into each cup. Place one marshmallow half, cut-side down, into each cup as well.
- Return to oven for 2-4 minutes or until marshmallows are just slightly softened. If you'd like the tops more brown, broil the S'mores Bites for 1-2 minutes.
- Cool on a cooling rack for 15 minutes before and then carefully remove them from the pan.
Now it’s easy to have s’mores year round, not just around the campfire. When the craving hits, you can enjoy toasted s’mores right from your oven. Betcha can’t eat just one!
More S’mores Recipes
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
I’m sure many of you have fond memories of S’more growing up. Did you know there are tons and tons of S’mores recipes out there? Everything from breakfast S’mores to Ice Cold S’more recipes! The best cookbook with gorgeous pics and step-by-step instructions is The S’mores Cookbook. It shows you how to indulge in the rich blend of creamy chocolate, toasted marshmallows, and honeyed graham crackers at every meal.
Our family’s favorite is the S’mores Cheesecake. Mmm, mmmm.
Happy treat making!
More sweet treats that can’t be resisted!
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!