Looking for an easy red, white and blue treat for your Memorial Day or 4th of July BBQ, picnic or potluck? Then you have to try these chocolate dipped Patriotic Oreos! Pretty and delicious!
How To Make Patriotic Oreos
I admit, I do like to add a little something to the theme of a party by bringing or severing a recipe that ties in. Sometime I can be a little too ambitious. Like the time I made “pupcakes” for my daughter’s 6th birthday party, which took about triple the amount of time I thought it would and the help of my husband to finish!
That’s why I love these Patriotic Oreos – the perfect summer cookie!. They’re so easy to make, yet look adorable and are usually gone within minutes. You could say they’re the life of the party!
Since the recipe is so simple, kids are great helpers when it comes to making Patriotic Oreos. Be prepared though, some cookies may disappear before they’re covered in chocolate or immediately thereafter 🙂
SUPPLIES to Make Patriotic Cookies
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
- Wilton Candy Melts in Red, White and Royal Blue
- Oreo Cookies
- Assorted Sprinkles (I used small stars and red sprinkles)
- 3 Microwave-Safe bowls
- Wax paper
- Snack Size Ziploc Bags (optional – for drizzling)
If you’ve tried these Patriotic Oreos or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
- 12 double-stuffed Oreos
- 1 1/2 cups Wilton white candy melts
- 1/2 cup Wilton red candy melts
- 1/2 cup Wilton royal blue candy melts
- Red, white, and blue Sprinkles, Non-Pariels, and Jimmies
- Lay out wax paper.
- Fill a microwave-safe bowl with white candy melts, and melt them in the microwave (using 20-second increments and stirring afterward).
- Dip Oreo cookie into the white candy, allowing the candy to completely cover the cookie, and then lay the cookie on your sheet of wax paper to cool and firm.
- Add sprinkles while the candy melt is still wet (if desired).
- Repeat the process for each additional color of candy melts you choose to use.
- Drizzle with chocolate if desired. (The easiest way is put the candy melts in a plastic baggie and melt in microwave. Then, snip a corner and drizzle!)
Tips for Making Chocolate Covered Oreos
- If you want to add a drizzle of color, melt 6-8 candy melts in a snack size ziploc bag. The candy melts a little faster in the bag than in the cup, so microwave it in 10 second increments, kneading the bag in between. Snip a tiny piece off of the corner of the bag and then drizzle the melted candy over the Oreo cookies.
- If you’re feeding a crowd, I’d double or triple the recipe.
It’s easy, so grab a bag of cookies and some candy melts and make some Patriotic Cookies today. They’re great for festive holidays like Memorial Day or 4th of July, or anytime you want a colorful, tasty treat that party goers love.
You can find more Simple Patriotic Recipe here.
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!