Here’s the Best Sugar Scrub recipe to make at home. An easy, inexpensive, and very luxurious DIY! Perfect for gift giving too!
The Best Sugar Scrub
So it’s hard to pick just one sugar scrub recipe that is better than all the rest since they are soooo good, but I do love this Lavender Sugar Scrub for its simplicity. Lavender is one of the best essential oils for its wonderful therapeutic benefits like:
- Reducing anxiety and emotional stress.
- Restoring skin complexion and reducing acne.
- Improving sleep.
- Slowing aging with powerful antioxidants.
If you haven’t made a homemade sugar scrub, this is definitely one of the best!
Sugar Scrubs do wonders for dry, cracked skin because they exfoliate so well. Plus, they leave skin feeling silky smooth.
Materials Needed to Make the Best Sugar Scrub
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
- glass jar – I like ones with a snap closure that keep your scrub air tight.
- Organic sugar
- Organic coconut (or other) oil
- vitamin E oil (optional, but acts as a mild preservative)
- Lavender essential oil
How to Make a Lavender Sugar Scrub
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. If need be, soften coconut oil in the microwave for a few seconds. You can add more or less oil to your liking.
- Store in an air tight container. Since this recipe doesn’t contain any preservatives, it’s best if it’s used within a month or two.
Video for How to Make a Lavender Sugar Scrub
Printable Tags for Your DIY Sugar Scrub
These Lavender Sugar Scrub printable tags make giving your sugar scrub as a gift super simple! Slip on a pretty ribbon or burlap string. Attach your tag, and voila you’ve got an irresistible present that everyone from friends to teachers enjoy.
You can use this scalloped edge punch to easily punch out the tags.
How to Wrap a Sugar Scrub as a Gift
The best way to make your sugar scrub a gift or party favor is by tying a pretty ribbon or twine around the jar and attaching a tag. The free printable tags that come with this Lavender Sugar Scrub give the name of the scrub as well as instructions for use.
What Sugar to Use in a Sugar Scrub?
Great question! Because it’s a little finer, so less abrasive, I use white sugar for facial or lip scrubs. Brown sugar, which is a bit more coarse, is best for body scrubs like this Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub. Raw sugar, which is the coarsest sugar, is nice to use for hand and foot scrubs.
How to Use Your DIY Sugar Scrub
- Scoop a small amount of your Lavender Sugar Scrub in your hands with a spoon.
- Scrub all over your hands or feet – or wherever you’d like extra soft skin.
- Allow to soak into your skin for a few minutes. Enjoy this time to relax!
- Rinse well and then pat dry with a soft towel.
If you’re short on time, massage the scrub all over your body and rinse during your normal shower routine.
SAFETY NOTE: Be careful while using your sugar scrubs on your feet while in the shower. The oils contained in scrubs can make your feet slippery.
Don’t forget to download your FREE PRINTABLE TAGS for your Lavender Sugar Scrub!
You May Also Like These DIY Sugar Scrubs:
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!