This easy DIY Lemon Sugar Scrub smells wonderfully refreshing and gives you silky smooth skin. Also, the perfect idea for a handmade gift!
DIY Lemon Sugar Scrub Recipe
Once you try making your own DIY Lemon Sugar Scrub - you'll be hooked!! Homemade Sugar Scrub Recipes are soooo easy and so pampering! You'll feel like you're luxuriating at an expensive spa but only need to step into your shower 🙂
There are some amazing benefits to Lemon Essential Oil! Not only is it a wonderful mood enhancer and a good remedy for restoring luster to dull skin, but it also helps with concentration, so great to use in your morning shower to start your day right.
Supplies for Making a Sugar Scrub
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure Policy here.
Ingredients Listed Below
Missing bowl and spoon
Ingredients for DIY Lemon Sugar Scrub
1 cup sugar (using an organic one like this works well)
½ cup oil (almond, olive oil, or coconut oil work best)
½ teaspoon vitamin E oil (optional – it helps preserve your scrub and provides a little extra softening)
15 drops lemon essential oil
How to Make A Sugar Scrub
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix them together. You can add more or less oil to your liking.
- Store in an airtight container. Since this recipe doesn’t contain any chemical preservatives, it’s best if you use the scrub within a month or two.
How to Use Your Lemon Sugar Scrub
- Scoop a small amount of the Lemon Sugar Scrub in your hands with a spoon.
- Scrub all over your hands or feet – or wherever you’d like a little extra softness.
- Allow the scrub to sit on your skin for 3-4 minutes. Enjoy this time to rest and relax.
- Rinse well, and then pat dry with a soft towel.
DIY Lemon Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup oil almond, olive or coconut work best
- ½ teaspoon vitamin E oil optional – it helps preserve your scrub and provides a little extra softening
- 15 drops lemon essential oil
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. You can add more or less oil to your liking.
- Store in an air tight container. Since this recipe doesn’t contain any preservatives, it's best if used within a month or two.
Click here if you want the darling labels to go with your Lemon Sugar Scrub. What's your favorite DIY beauty product?
Thank you for the cute labels to go along with this delicious scrub!
Erin Henry says
You're welcome, Alena! Enjoy your scrub!