This Grapefruit Sugar Scrub Recipe takes 5-minutes to make and is so fresh and exfoliating! The perfect DIY Beauty product to make at home! Made with all-natural ingredients.
You’ll want to try all of our Easy Sugar Scrub Recipes!
Grapefruit Sugar Scrub Recipe
There’s nothing better than homemade Sugar Scrub Recipes! This Grapefruit Sugar Scrub is our latest obsession! It has such a clean, fresh scent and is soooo easy to make! It’s almost as good as this Pink Lemonade Sugar Scrub 🙂
Have you tried making your own DIY Sugar Scrub? It seriously takes just minutes and couldn’t be easier. We love the benefits of sugar scrubs.
See the video below for a tutorial if you’re new to making sugar scrubs.
The other wonderful thing about homemade sugar scrubs is that they make great gifts for the holidays and showers, birthdays, or Mother’s Day. You can double or triple the batch to make enough for a party 🙂
Table of Contents
Supplies for Making a Sugar Scrub
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
Ingredients for DIY Grapefruit Sugar Scrub
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup oil (almond oil, olive, or coconut oil work best)
1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil (optional – it helps preserve your scrub and provides a little extra softening)
15 drops grapefruit essential oil
How to Make A Grapefruit Sugar Scrub
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix. You can add more or less oil to your liking. If your coconut oil is solid, melt it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it. Then mix it with other ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container. Since this recipe does not contain any chemical preservatives, it’s best if used within a month or two.
Tips for Making a Homemade Grapefruit Sugar Scrub
- It’s best not to use fractionated coconut oil (the liquid kind) to get all the therapeutic benefits coconut oil offers. Just melt regular coconut oil to the right consistency if that’s what type of oil you are using.
- Although vitamin E oil is optional, it helps homemade sugar scrubs last longer without chemical preservatives.
- We’ve linked a product recommendation above. However, check your local natural food store for grapefruit essential oil, as we see it cheaper there.
What are the benefits of grapefruit essential oil?
Grapefruit essential oil is a citrus-scented oil frequently used in aromatherapy and for a good reason. There are a few benefits of grapefruit essential oil that we love:
- May help balance your mood, which is wonderful when you feel like you could use a boost.
- Antibacterials and antimicrobial effects.
- May help reduce stress and lower blood pressure. During stressful times this is exactly what we need.
- Treat Acne. If used as a facial scrub, this can be very helpful to clear up your skin.
How to Use Your Sugar Scrub
- Scoop a small amount of the Grapefruit Scrub in your hands with a spoon.
- Scrub all over your hands or feet – or wherever you’d like a little extra softness.
- Allow the scrub to sit on your skin for 3-4 minutes. Enjoy this time to rest and relax.
- Rinse well and then pat dry with a soft towel.
Video for How to Make Grapefruit Sugar Scrub
See below for a video tutorial on how to make your grapefruit scrub.
Grapefruit Scrub Free Printable Tags.
Click the link if you want the darling Grapefruit Sugar Scrub Tags to use while giving your scrub as a gift.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (almond oil, olive oil, or coconut work best)
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil (optional – it helps naturally preserve your scrub and provides a little extra softening)
- 15 drops grapefruit essential oil
- Mixing Bowl
- Storage Container
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix. You can add more or less oil to your liking.
- Store in an airtight container. Since this recipe doesn’t contain any chemical preservatives, it’s best if used within a month or two.
How to Use Your Sugar Scrub
Scoop a small amount of the Grapefruit Scrub in your hands with a spoon.
Scrub all over your hands or feet – or wherever you’d like a little extra softness.
Allow the scrub to sit on your skin for 3-4 minutes. Enjoy this time to rest and relax.
Rinse well and then pat dry with a soft towel.
What’s your favorite DIY Sugar Scrub Flavor?
You May Also Like: