Are you looking for adorable no-bake treats to serve at your Halloween party? Try these Easy 4-Ingredient Oreo Bat Treats! A spooky good Halloween dessert kids of all ages love! Made with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Oreos. Video below!
Halloween is one of those fun and whimsical holidays! It's fun to decorate and fun to see all the originality and creativity friends and neighbors come up with!
These Easy 4-Ingredient Bat Treats are the hit of the party! Candy Bats make the best Halloween Potluck food! Cute Halloween Treat recipes are the best!
A bite of chocolatey, peanut butter, Oreo goodness! Yum!
These Bat Bites are also fun to make with leftover Halloween Candy.
Ingredient for bat-themed snacks
You only need four ingredients for these bat snacks!
- Oreo Thins - these thinner cookies break easier than regular Oreo cookies.
- Miniature Peanut Butter Cups - most grocery stores carry these.
- Edible Candy Eyeballs - you can find these at Walmart, Target, and Amazon.
- Frosting - any kind will do.
Other Supplies Needed
- Plastic baggie
How to make bats out of Oreo Cookies
Since this Halloween treat is no-bake, they're easy to make and eat! Even the youngest helpers would be able to construct these adorable Bat Themed Treats. It's an excellent make-ahead Halloween recipe.
We make ours in about 10 minutes.
Step 1 - Take Apart Cookies and Cut in Half
First, take apart your Oreo Thins and cut the cookie wafer in half or cut the cookie in half and then take them apart. Unwrap Peanut Butter Cups.
Step 2 - Attach Wings
Take a baggie and add a small amount of frosting to it.
Cut the tip off the corner of the baggie and squeeze a small dab of frosting on the underside of the cut cookie wafer near one tip and attach it to the center of the Peanut Butter Cup.
Do the same for the other half of the cookie wafer.
Tip: You only need a dab of frosting. Too much, and it scoots out the sides and looks a little messy.
Step 3 - Attach Eyes
Finally, attach the candy googly eyes on top of the cookie wafer wings in the center of the Peanut Butter Cup with a dab of frosting.
Repeat steps until all your bat bites are done. Wasn't that an easy Halloween treat idea?
Tips & Tricks
- These Bat Bites come together quickly once you've cut all the Oreo wafers in half. Cutting them whole and then pulling them apart resulted in less breakage, but play around and see what you find. Having a few broken cookies for snacking isn't all that bad 🙂
- You can use any frosting in this recipe.
- It's best to eat your Bat Bites the day you make them.
We Love to Hear from YOU!
If you try these Halloween Bat Treats or any other Suburban Simplicity recipe, don't forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below. We love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
Easy 4-Ingredient Bat Treats
- plastic baggie
- 12 Oreo Thins Cookies ((plus some extra for breakage))
- 24 Miniature Peanut Butter Cups
- 48 Edible Goggly Eyes
- 2 - 3 tablespoons Frosting (any kind)
- Take apart Oreo Thins and cut the cookie wafer in half or cut the cookie in half and then take apart. Unwrap Peanut Butter Cups.
- Take a baggie and add a small amount of frosting to it. Cut the tip off the end and squeeze a small dab of frosting on the underside of the cut cookie wafer near one tip and attach it to the center of the Peanut Butter Cup. Do the same for the other half of the cookie wafer.
- Attach the candy googly eyes on top of the cookie wafer wings in the center of the Peanut Butter Cup with a dab of frosting. Repeat steps until all bat bites are done.
These little bites don't keep long, so they are best used the day you make them, but that shouldn't be a problem!
Other Halloween Tips
If you're wondering what to do with all that Halloween candy once Halloween is over, then you must read 10 Things to Do With Left Over Halloween Candy. We've been using some of these ideas, like The Great Pumpkin, since the kids were teeny tiny. Who wants to eat it all? That could be dan-ger-ous. Get creative with these tips!
I'm not so good with costumes, but I love a cute themed recipe!
Have a hauntingly good holiday!
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful home tips delivered directly to your inbox!