Scare up a tasty good time with these chocolatey Brownie Spiders! An easy Halloween treat idea that’s perfect for Halloween parties and playdates!
It’s that time of year when spooky little creations are searched out on Pinterest and made in Kitchens everywhere. I love these little Brownie Spiders because they’re so easy, but they’re also just so darn cute! I just love cute Halloween treats!
Well, if spiders can be cute!
For someone who has a HUGE spider phobia because my brothers used to chase me around with jars full of spiders, that’s big! 🙂
Whether you need a treat for a school party or Halloween bash, these little 8-legged spiders will do the trick. Kids go crazy for them!
Video Tutorial for Making Brownies Spiders
How to Make Brownie Spiders
Now, here’s the best part, depending how how much time you have you can either make a homemade brownie (my fav) or buy a box and bake it up! I use my delicious homemade Dark Chocolate Brownies for this recipe because they are so darn good! I mean chocolate heaven good!
Once your brownies are baked and cooled, cut circles out with a biscuit cutter. You will likely get (9) 1 1/2 inch circles from a 8×8 pan.
You need just a couple more ingredients and your Spider Brownies come together easily. Goggly eyes are my go-to thing to bring life to a cute little dessert. Look what they do for these Oreo Mummy Pops.
The easiest way to affix the eyeballs is by melting some chocolate chips and placing a small dab on the back and placing them on the brownies. Once it hardens, the eyes totally stay in place.
Then, it’s just pretzels for legs and you’re all set. To make the legs, take small pretzel twists and break them into three pieces around the curved edges.
For reference, place your eyes in the center near the bottom of your brownie to give it a spider look. Now insert 8 pretzel legs, 4 on each side and you’re finished. Plate these little crawlers up and you’re ready to scare up a really good time!
Notes for Making Brownie Spiders
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
- Because it’s hard to cut a circle, I recommend using a round biscuit cutter. The thick brownies come out easily and perfectly round! I used a 1.5 inch cutter.
- These little spiders will last about 5 days in an airtight container.
- The recipe I use makes an 8×8 pan of Brownies (9 Brownie Spiders). If you want more spiders, you can double the batch or use a mix/recipe that yields more.
If you’ve tried these Spider Brownies or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Easy Brownie Spiders
- 1 pan of baked brownies 8x8 pan
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips melted
- 26 pretzel twists
- 18 candy eyeballs
- biscuit cutter
- Use biscuit or cookie cutter to cut 9 round “bodies” from the baked brownies. Place on wax paper or serving tray.
- Break pretzel twists in three pieces on the rounded side to form spider "legs". Set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Place a small amount of melted chocolate on toothpick and dab on the backside of each candy eyeballs to create a glue. Affix 2 eyes on the center, lower side of each brownie.
- Insert 8 pretzel twists around the body of each spider to create the legs.
- Serve the brownie bites immediately or keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
You May Also Like These Cute Seasonal Desserts
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!