Scare up a tasty good time with these chocolatey Brownie Spiders! An easy Halloween treat idea that's perfect for making the best Halloween Brownies for parties and playdates!
It’s that time of year when spooky little creations are searched on Pinterest and made in Kitchens everywhere. We love chocolate, and we love Halloween brownie Ideas! These little Brownie Spiders are so easy, but they're also just so darn cute!
We just love cute Halloween treats!
Whether you need Halloween Spider treats for a school party or Halloween bash, these little 8-legged edible spiders will do the trick. Kids go crazy for them! Our Spider Cheese Ball is also a party favorite!
Video Tutorial for Making Brownies Spiders
How to Make Brownie Spiders
Now, here’s the best part: depending on your time, you can either make a homemade brownie (our favorite) or buy a box and bake it up!
We use our delicious homemade Dark Chocolate Brownies for this recipe because they are so darn good! Complete chocolate heaven!
Before you get going, place some parchment paper on a baking pan.
Step 1 - CUT BAKED BROWNIES
So, once your brownies are baked and cooled, cut circles out with a biscuit cutter.
NOTE: You will likely get (9) 1 ½ inch circles from an 8x8 pan.
Step 2 - ADD EYEBALLS
You need just a couple more ingredients, and your DIY Edible Spiders come together easily. Googly eyes are our go-to thing to bring life to a cute Halloween dessert.
Look what they do for these Oreo Mummy Pops.
The easiest way to affix the eyeballs is by melting some chocolate chips, placing a small dab of chocolate on the back of the eyes, and then placing them on the brownies.
For reference, place your eyes in the center near the bottom of your brownie to give it a spider look.
Once it hardens, the eyes stay in place.
Step 3 - ADD LEGS
Then, it’s just pretzels for legs, and you’re all set.
Take small pretzel twists and break them into three pieces around the curved edges to make the legs.
Tip: Make sure you have extra pretzels because a few may break.
Now, insert eight pretzel legs, four on each side, and you’re finished.
Finally, plate these little crawlers up, and you’re ready to scare up a perfect time!
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
- Because it’s hard to cut a circle, we recommend using a round biscuit cutter. The thick brownies come out easily and perfectly round! We use a 1.5-inch cutter.
- These little chocolate brownie spiders will last about 5 days in an airtight container on your kitchen counter.
- Our recipe makes an 8x8 pan of Brownies (9 Brownie Spiders). If you want more spiders, you can double the batch or use a mix/recipe that yields more.
- Readers have cut their brownies in rectangles for a different look, which also uses all the brownies.
More Easy Halloween Treats
Other fun (and totally easy) cute Halloween treats include:
Love this Halloween Brownie Recipe? Please leave a 5 star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below ⬇️ and/or a review in the comment section further down.
Easy Brownie Spiders Recipe
- parchment paper
- biscuit cutter
- 1 pan of baked brownies (8x8 inch pan)
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips (melted)
- 26 pretzel twists
- 18 candy eyeballs
- biscuit cutter
- Use a biscuit or cookie cutter to cut 9 round “bodies” from the baked brownies. Place on wax paper or serving tray.
- Break pretzel twists into three pieces on the rounded side to form spider "legs." Set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Place a small amount of melted chocolate on the toothpick and dab on the backside of each candy eyeball to create a glue. Affix 2 eyes on the center, the lower side of each brownie.
- Insert 8 pretzel twists around the body of each spider to create the legs.
- Serve the brownie bites immediately or keep them in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Because it’s hard to cut a perfect circle, we recommend using a round biscuit cutter. The thick brownies come out easily and perfectly round! We use a 1.5-inch cutter.
- These little spiders will last about 5 days in an airtight container on your kitchen counter.
- The recipe we use makes an 8x8 pan of Brownies (9 Brownie Spiders). If you want more spiders, you can double the batch or use a mix/recipe that yields more.