These Mummy Brownies are perfect for Halloween! They’ll scare up a good time and they’re so easy to make! The perfect kid-friendly treat!
Mummy Brownies for Halloween
Oh, my! How cute are these mummified little treats!! I’m a total sucker for cute Halloween treats and especially if they’re easy Halloween treats! So, my latest creation is a must-make for Halloween parties and playdates – Mummy Brownies!
Simple and Chocolatey! The perfect combo.
In case you missed them, I also made some creepy, crawly Brownie Spiders that create a spooktacular duo with these mummy brownies!
I’m not much for dressing up, but I can make some super fun Halloween Treats! Last year it was adorable Oreo Mummy Pops and Oreo Pumpkin Pops. For our Halloween party the year before, these 4-ingredient Bat Treats flew in and made an appearance.
Seriously! You can’t go wrong with any of these easy Halloween Treat Recipes!
How to Make Brownie Mummies
So, here’s the best part, depending how how much time you have you can either make a pan of homemade brownie (my fav) or buy a box and bake it up! I use my delicious homemade Dark Chocolate Brownies for this recipe because they are so darn good! This is what chocolate dreams are made of!
Once your brownies are baked and cooled, cut circles out with a biscuit cutter. You will likely get (9) 1 1/2 inch circles from a 8×8 pan.
You need just a couple more ingredients and your Mummy Brownies come together easily. Goggly eyes are my go-to thing to bring life to a cute little dessert. Look what they do for these Oreo Mummy Pops.
The easiest way to affix the eyeballs is by melting some chocolate chips and putting a small dab on the back and placing them on the brownies. Once it hardens, the eyes totally stay put. For reference, place your eyes in the center near the top of your brownie.
Now, it’s time to get mummified! Melt your white chocolate chips or candy melts in the microwave until they are soft and stir easily.
Tip: One of the best kitchen hacks is to place your melted chocolate in a small ziploc baggie and snip a small piece of one corner off. It magically become a piping bag!
Once you have your baggie filled with chocolate and the end snipped off, make a criss-cross pattern on the brownie to make “bandages” for the mummy. Make sure you don’t cover the candy eyes. You can put as many as you’d like, but leave a little room in-between so they do look like bandages.
Let your killer dessert cool and harden and they are ready to scare up a good time!
Video Tutorial for How to Make Mummy Brownies
Tips for Making Mummy Brownies
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
- You can use candy melts, white chocolate chips or cream cheese frosting to make the mummy bandages. All are frighteningly dee-licious!
- Store brownies in airtight container at room temperature for approximately 5 days.
- For a fun twist, stir food color into white chocolate before piping on brownies for colorful mummies!
- Because it’s hard to cut a circle, I recommend using a round biscuit cutter. The thick brownies come out easily and perfectly round! I used a 1.5 inch cutter.
- The recipe I use makes an 8×8 pan of Brownies (9 Mummy Brownies). If you want more mummies, you can double the batch or use a mix/recipe that yields more.
- If you’re looking to make your Mummy Brownies gluten-free either use a gluten-free brownie mix or try this homemade recipe from The Toasted Pine Nut.
Supplies Used to Make Mummy Brownies
If you’ve tried these Mummy Brownies or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
- 1 pan of baked brownies 8x8 pan
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips melted
- 18 candy eyeballs
- biscuit cutter
- plastic baggie
- Use biscuit or cookie cutter to cut 9 round “bodies” from the baked and cooled brownies. Place on wax paper or serving tray.
- Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave. Place a small amount of melted chocolate on toothpick and dab on the backside of each candy eyeballs to create a glue. Affix 2 eyes on the center, top side of each brownie.
- Place remaining chocolate in a small plastic baggie and snip a small piece off one corner. Pipe white chocolate onto brownies in a criss-cross pattern avoiding the eyes to form the “bandages”. Let cool.
- Serve the brownie bites immediately or keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days
These little treats are definitely going to pull a disappearing act when you serve them up!
You May Also Like These Cute Seasonal Desserts
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!