This Avocado Cilantro Lime Shrimp Salad is something special! It’s healthy, fresh and super flavorful – the perfect low carb recipe any night of the week. Plus, it’s gluten-free!
This recipe originally appeared on Real Housemoms.
Avocado Cilantro Lime Shrimp Salad
Warmer weather is meant for light, delicious, and simple meals! This Avocado Cilantro Lime Shrimp Salad is just that. Easy to make and BIG on flavor! The bonus, it’s low carb and gluten free, so totally a healthy shrimp salad if I ever saw one! We just love Healthy Food Recipes!
After searching and searching for a light and flavorful dressing that goes on salads and pastas, I finally found it! Not only does it go perfectly on greens, it’s totally delicious on meat and chicken too. The hubs and I are a little addicted!
Honestly, it’s great on light, summer fare, but really good on heavier meat and pastas – so very versatile year round!
The Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing in this recipes goes so well with the shrimp. Mmmm, mmmm! Plus, it’s easy to make and keeps for about a week in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
The easiest way to make this recipe is with a hand blender (affiliate), but you cold whip it up a blender or food processor.
How to Make a Healthy Shrimp Salad
What could be easier then placing the avocado, washed cilantro, garlic clove, lime juice and a dash of salt for the dressing together and blending until smooth? That’s how easy this Avocado Cilantro Lime dressing recipe is!
You’ve got your dressing, let’s talk about what to put with it – your shrimp. Now, you can either buy frozen cooked shrimp or fresh, raw shrimp that needs just a little prep and it’s ready to go! We usually peel and devein our fresh shrimp in a matter of minutes.
For this recipe, we like to cook it in a little bit of the dressing. Yes, it’s that versatile, you can do that!
Cooking the shrimp takes minutes, but you will need to plan for it to cool a little before putting it on your salad so your lettuce doesn’t wilt.
Tips for Making Avocado Cilantro Lime Shrimp Salad
- Any type of lettuce will work in this recipe. We often use butter crunch or romaine.
- The dressing stays light and doesn’t separate when using avocado oil, however, you could substitute olive oil if that’s what you have on hand.
- You’ll have some dressing leftover after making your Avocado Cilantro Lime Shrimp Salad, so use it on pasta or grilled meat another night this week!
- Leftover dressing keeps for about a week in the refrigerator.
If you’ve tried this AVOCADO CILANTRO LIME SHRIMP SALAD or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Avocado Cilantro Lime Shrimp Salad
- 20 medium shrimp
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 avocado optional
- Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
- If using fresh shrimp, wash, peel and devein. Sauté shrimp for a few minutes in 2 tablespoons of avocado cilantro lime dressing (optional) or oil until it turns pink on all sides. Set aside to cool.
- Wash and then cut or tear lettuce into pieces and place in salad bowl. Cut up tomatoes and any other salad fixings you want to add. Place on top of lettuce. Add cooked and cooled shrimp. Place enough dressing to your liking on the salad and toss to coat. Serve and enjoy!
A Tasty Shrimp and Avocado Recipe
Avocado Cilantro Lime Shrimp Salad is perfect for entertaining guests. It’s never met a party it didn’t like! Everyone seems to like the little shrimp and avocado combo.
Not only is this Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing bursting with flavor, it’s heart-healthy and gluten free – so dress up your shrimp salad or whatever recipe you’d like with it’s wonderful flavor!
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!