This Chocolate Caramel Fondue Recipe is a decadent dessert the whole family will enjoy! It’s easy to make anytime you probably have the ingredients on hand!
This originally appeared on Somewhat Simple.
Easy Chocolate Caramel Fondue
Want to know the secret to bringing the whole family together? Fondue!! Spending time enjoying the communal pot of this rich easy-to-make melted dessert is what Chocolate Caramel Fondue is all about.
Every New Year’s Eve, before we play games and watch the ball drop, our family enjoys the tradition of fondue night. We start with some savory, cheesy recipes and then move on to the good stuff – dessert! The kids love dipping and being able to serve themselves. We have a blast and it warms my heart that the kids now ask for it on other special occasions. Birthdays. Valentine’s Day, anyone?
You can serve your Chocolate Caramel Fondue in a fondue pot or in your crockpot set on low.
Caramel Fondue is So Easy
It’s easy to keep the 3 ingredients for this rich fondue on hand in case company drops by and you need something easy to whip together. It’s fun to serve in small cups, so guests can carry it on a dessert plate alongside whatever fruit, pretzels and other dippers they like.
Things to Dip Chocolate Caramel Fondue
Dipping suggestions to please everyone in the family include:
- dried fruit
- cheesecake bites
- cookie dough (the kind made without eggs)
- and of course, my favorite, pound cake!
This also makes a great classroom party idea. Kids go crazy for it! Enjoy!
If you’ve tried this CHOCOLATE CARAMEL FONDUE or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Easy Chocolate Caramel Fondue
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup caramel sauce salted caramel is my favorite
- 5 oz . evaporated milk
- In a small saucepan, combine milk, caramel sauce and chocolate; cook and stir over low heat until blended and heated through.
- Transfer to a heated fondue pot; keep warm. Serve with fruit, poundcake and/or pretzels for dipping. Yield: approximately 2-1/2 cups.
Serving Suggestions for Chocolate Fondue
You can serve your Chocolate Caramel Fondue in a fondue pot or in your crockpot set on low, especially if you have small kids. Be sure to watch the heat on the fondue pot to avoid scorching the chocolate.
Tips for Chocolate Caramel Fondue
- Chocolate Caramel Fondue also is amazing over ice cream!
- If dark chocolate is more to your liking, substitute dark chocolate chips in this recipe.
- If you need to reheat, place it in the microwave for 15-30 seconds on high power.
Enjoy Fondue Anytime
The name fondue comes from the French word “fondre,” which means “to melt”. Whether cheese, wine or chocolate, fondue tastes great in any language! Absolutely incredible. So dip in!
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
You May Also Like These Amazing Desserts
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!