Chipotle Chicken Tostadas are simple to make. Plus, they’re zesty, crunchy and full of bold flavor! The perfect low-calorie appetizer or snack!
This recipe originally appeared on Real Housemoms
Table of Contents
Chipotle Chicken Tostadas
If you’re craving a tasty, bit-sized snack or appetizer with a ton of flavor for your next party, get together or the big game, then you have to try these Chipotle Chicken Tostadas. They’ve got a good texture and crunch, so they’re seriously good! We’ve taken these to parties as an appetizer, and even had them for dinner with some tasty sides or a salad.
True confession time.
That’s why I like these tostadas. The recipe was given to me by my aunt and I think it makes the perfect presentation, plus it has my favorite – avocado!
And you know, I love to use my muffin pan for more than just muffins and cupcakes!
How to Make Chipotle Chicken Tostadas
These quick, easy, versatile tostadas are the perfect way to use up any leftover chicken. Or, if you’re in a hurry, purchase a roasted chicken and just shred some chicken for the recipe. Either way, it turns out wonderful mixed with the chipotle pepper sauce.
We enjoy these tostadas a lot during the summer. They pair with chips and salsa and a craft beer very well, just ask my husband! The great thing through, this recipe works for any season. It’s bold flavors pair well with wintery comfort food too.
The first step for making these delicious bites, cut your tortillas into triangles.
Next, spray them with non-stick spray and then place them in your muffin cups to crisp them in and oven.
Then you mash your avocado, sour cream, tomato, lime juice, garlic, and cilantro together in small bowl. Salt to taste and chill. Cook ketchup, sugar, chipotles, soy sauce, vinegar, chili powder, and chicken in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat for 8 minutes, or until sauce is syrupy. (is that a word?!)
Finally, top each tostada with avocado mixture, then chicken mixture. Finish it off with a small dollop of sour cream, cilantro and lime zest! Beautiful!
Tips for Making Chipotle Chicken Tostadas
- 8-10 inch tortillas work best to cut to fit in your muffin pan.
- Make sure you cook the tortillas enough to make them crispy.
- You can use either regular or whole wheat tortillas in the recipe.
- You could totally make this meatless by taking out the chicken and you’d be just as satisfied with it’s bold flavors.
- You may want to make extra sauce, it’s that good!
If you’ve tried these Chipotle Chicken Tostadas or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Chipotle Chicken Tostadas
- 3 flour tortillas (8")
- 1 avocado (peeled and pitted)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup tomatoes (seeded & diced)
- 1 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 TBSP chipotles in adobo sauce (chopped)
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 2 cups cooked chicken (shredded)
- Sour cream (cilantro and lime zest for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat both sides of tortillas with nonstick cooking spray or oil. Stack and cut into 8 wedges. Push wedges into muffin cups. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Mash avocado, sour cream, tomato, lime juice, garlic, and cilantro together in small bowl. Salt to taste and chill.
- Cook ketchup, sugar, chipotles, soy sauce, vinegar, chili powder, and chicken in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat for 8 minutes, or until sauce is syrupy.
- Top each tostada with 1 tsp of avocado mixture, then 1-2 TBSP chicken mixture.
- Garnish each tostada with a small dollop of sour cream, cilantro and lime zest.
Crunchy, spicy and with a perfect smokey flavor, even the most discerning eaters love this recipe – you will too!
You May Also Like These Appetizers: