This slow cooker meatball recipe is so easy and incredibly tender and juicy. You'll love these Slow Cooker Teriyaki Meatballs for their homemade sweet and tangy sauce. Make them for an easy dinner or a tasty party appetizer.
What could be better than juicy, tender meatballs slow-cooked in a super easy, homemade sweet teriyaki sauce! Everyone in the family loves these Crockpot Teriyaki Meatballs that simmer to perfection in the crockpot.
Because you make the teriyaki sauce yourself, there are no hard-to-pronounce ingredients or preservatives, just pure deliciousness! It's wonderful served over rice.
You may have the ingredients in your pantry!
Fans also love our 3-Ingredient Crock Pot Meatballs, easy Cheesy Chicken Meatballs, and hearty Crockpot Beef Stroganoff.
If you love slow cooking as much as we do, check out our Crockpot Tips and Tricks Guide.
Precooked Meatballs - We like to use frozen Beef Meatballs. However, you can also use turkey or chicken meatballs.
Soy Sauce - we prefer the low-sodium variety.
Pineapple Juice - either from a jar or the excess juice from canned pineapple.
Beef Broth - for a rich overall flavor.
Rice Wine Vinegar - to give the sauce a little tang.
Brown Sugar - light or dark brown sugar.
Honey - to give the sauce a little sweetness.
Minced Garlic - gives the recipe a nice nutty flavor.
Ginger - fresh grated ginger yields the best flavor.
Red Pepper Flakes
Optional toppings include sesame seeds and green onions.
We like to make these meatballs for dinner and on game day when serving a crowd. Just place them in a bowl or leave them in your slow cooker with toothpicks next to them and watch them disappear!
Step 1 - PLACE MEATBALLS IN CROCKPOT
First, place your frozen meatballs in your crockpot.
There is no need to brown meatballs before adding them to this recipe either.
Step 2 - MAKE SAUCE
Next, it's time to make your homemade teriyaki sauce.
Place soy sauce, pineapple juice, beef broth, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, honey, minced garlic, grated ginger, red pepper flakes, sesame oil, and cornstarch in a medium bowl; whisk them together until smooth.
Step 3 - POUR SAUCE OVER MEATBALLS
Now, pour the teriyaki sauce over the meatballs and stir to combine.
Step 4 - COOK
Place the cover on the crockpot and cook on low for 4-6 hours until the sauce bubbles and thickens.
Note: Every model of the crockpot is a little different, so your cook time may vary. Watch the recipe carefully the first time you make it to ensure the best results.
Teriyaki Meatballs with Pineapple
If you're craving a little more sweetness, you can make Teriyaki Meatballs with Pineapple, add ½ cup pineapple chunks or tidbits to the crockpot after the sauce and mix well.
Then, cook as instructed.
Tips & Tricks
- Serve your slow cooker teriyaki meatballs as an appetizer with toothpicks, or eat them as a meal.
- You can make this recipe with chicken meatballs, turkey meatballs, or beef meatballs.
- Freshly grated ginger yields the best flavor, but you can substitute ½ - 1 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- We like to use frozen meatballs from Costco in the recipe because they’re so economical. However, whatever brand they carry at your local grocery store is fine.
What to Serve With Your Teriyaki Meatballs
- Teriyaki meatballs go very well over white rice or brown rice.
- They are good with a side of steamed vegetables like broccoli or sugar snap peas.
- You can also serve the meatballs with rice noodles.
- Edamame also pairs well with this dish.
- We like them with roasted Brussels Sprouts.
More Delicious Slow-Cooker Dinner Recipes
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff - a wonderful and satisfying meal.
Crockpot Pork Chops and Gravy - tender and juicy chops cooked to perfection.
Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches - a restaurant-quality meal that never disappoints.
Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops - with only two ingredients, dinner could not be easier!
How to Store Slow Cooker Teriyaki Meatballs
Store any leftover meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
To reheat, place them on a microwave-safe plate, cover, and reheat for approximately 1 minute or until heated through.
You can freeze Teriyaki Meatballs in an airtight container for up to three months. Follow our tips to prevent freezer burn, and make sure to label and date them!
We recommend a 6-quart programmable crockpot to make this recipe.
No, you do not need to thaw meatballs before putting them in the crockpot to cook. It is perfectly safe to put them in frozen.
You can toss some veggies into the Crockpot with the meatballs. Mushrooms, sliced red or green peppers, snow peas, and broccoli combine well with the teriyaki sauce. Just add them about an hour before the recipe is done cooking.
★ Did you make this Crockpot Meatball Recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
You can also FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food & home tips!
Images won't print with the recipe unless you want them to print.
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Meatballs Recipe
- 6-quart Slow Cooker
- medium mixing bowl
- fork or whisk
- 28 ounces frozen Beef Meatballs (24-26 precooked meatballs)
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup beef broth
- ½ cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (more if you like a thicker sauce)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional garnish)
- sliced green onions (optional garnish)
- Place your frozen meatballs in your slow cooker. If you tend to have issues with sticking, lightly grease the insert.
- For the teriyaki sauce - place soy sauce, pineapple juice, beef broth, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, honey, minced garlic, grated ginger, red pepper flakes, sesame oil, and cornstarch in a medium bowl; whisk them together until smooth.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over the meatballs and stir to combine.
- Place the cover on the crockpot and cook on low for 4-6 hours until the sauce bubbles and thickens. Serve and enjoy!
- Serve your teriyaki meatballs as an appetizer with toothpicks, or eat them as a meal.
- You can make this recipe with chicken, turkey, or beef meatballs.
- You can toss some veggies into the Crockpot with the meatballs. Mushrooms, sliced red or green peppers, snow peas, and broccoli all combine well with the teriyaki sauce. Just add them about an hour before the recipe is done cooking.
These are so good and so easy! They make a great appetizer, but we also love them served over rice. Noms!
Erin Henry says
Yes! As an appetizer, they are so fun, and everyone loves them. We often whip them up as dinner with rice too.
I used my homemade meatballs, and these were a huge hit! The pineapple juice adds great flavor!
Erin Henry says
Perfect! They are wonderful with homemade meatballs. The pineapple juice is a key ingredient to a sweet and tangy sauce!
Did you cook the homemade meatballs first?
Erin Henry says
Hi Joyce, No need to cook the meatballs first. We put them in frozen and the cook perfectly.
Wonderful, thank you for your reply! Looking forward to making this!!
These sound amazing! Can't wait to try these with the family.
Erin Henry says
A family-favorite we know you'll enjoy, Katie!