Meatball Parmesan Bites are the perfect appetizer for any party. Tender beef meatballs, infused with garlic, breadcrumbs, and parmesan, smothered in Italian red sauce and topped with melted mozzarella and fresh basil.
This recipe originally appeared on Real Housemoms
Delicious Meatball Parmesan Bites
When it comes to entertaining, easy and delicious are what you want, right? A necessity if you ask me! Then you have to try these tasty Meatball Parmesan Bites! Tender meatballs, infused with garlic, breadcrumbs, and parmesan, smothered in Italian red sauce and topped with melted mozzarella and fresh basil.
These bite-sized appetizers are incredibly yummy and work for just about any occasion. Plus, they’re low carb!
Ways to Eat Meatball Parmesan Bites
With New Year’s Eve right around the corner, I’m getting my menu ready and these Meatball Parm Bites are definitely on the list.
And Chocolate Fondue of course – that’s a family tradition! We host a few friends and their kids and meatballs are just one of those things everyone enjoys. Who doesn’t love meat on a stick especially when it’s topped with cheese??
You’re probably thinking the same thing, these are also a great game day food. Yep, perfect for your Super Bowl shin-dig when finger and bite-sized snacks are in high demand! They definitely work then.
Game day is also meant for these 3-ingredient Crockpot Meatballs!
How to Make Meatball Parmesan Bites
Ok, let get to making our cheesy, garlic-infused meatballs.
This is as simple as putting the meat, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, and spices in a large bowl and mixing them up.
Once it’s mixed together, create a meatball the size of a golfball.
Now, cook these in a large skillet with some olive oil until browned on all sides. You can take them out and set aside because now it’s time for the sauce.
Place marinara in a skillet with the garlic slices and remaining parmesan. Once it’s simmering, place your cooked meatballs back in the sauce. Making sure to spoon some over the meatballs so they’re nestled in the sauce. Cover your pan and simmer for about 10 minutes until they are cooked through.
This is when all the flavors come together to create something amazing! What’s better than tender meatballs with breadcrumbs and cheese!
Finally, top each meatball with a slice of cheese and let melt. Remove from the pan and place a folded basil leaf on top and then insert your toothpick – they’re ready to serve!
Tips for Making the Best Meatball Parm Bites
- For ease when entertaining, the meatballs can be made ahead of time and cooked just before you want to serve.
- Whole wheat or regular breadcrumbs will work in this recipe.
- Since the recipe makes 12 meatballs, double if serving a large crowd.
- For those who like to dip, you can serve a small bowl of warm marinara sauce with your Meatball Parmesan Bites.
If you’ve tried these Meatball Parmesan Bites or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Meatball Parmesan Bites
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 cup marinara sauce
- 4 garlic cloves divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan divided
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5-6 mozzarella slices cut into small squares
- Fresh basil leaves for topping
- toothpicks for serving
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic and then thinly slice the remaining 2 cloves.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, basil, minced garlic and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until combined. Use your hands to roll into golfball-sized balls.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place meatballs in skillet and brown on all sides. When the meatballs have developed a nice crispy crust, remove from the skillet and set aside. Now, over medium heat, pour marinara into the skillet. Stir in sliced garlic and remaining Parmesan. Once it's simmering, place your cooked meatballs back in the sauce. Making sure to spoon some sauce over the meatballs so they're nice and covered. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer meatballs for another 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Top each meatball with slice of mozzarella. Cover pan with lid again and heat until the cheese is melted.
- Top each meatball with a folded basil leaf and insert a toothpick to serve.
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
I love using my Cast Iron Skillet for so many recipes, but especially this one. It gets the meatballs nice and crispy – and simmers the sauce perfectly.
Definitely, add these Meatball Parm Bites to your next gathering. They taste as good as they look! Your guests will be impressed! I guarantee there won’t be any leftovers.
You May Like These Easy Appetizers
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!