Enjoy the ultimate appetizer - Loaded Tater Tot Nachos! An irresistible recipe with crispy tots, melted cheese, ground beef, and bacon will have you coming back for seconds and thirds!
And it's a bonus, the recipe is ready in 30 minutes!
Who can resist the crispy exterior of a tater tot? Certainly not us! You?
There are countless ways to enjoy the fluffy goodness of tots like this Tater Tot Casserole, but if you're looking for an easy appetizer, delicious snack, or quick dinner, then loaded Tater Tot Nachos is definitely the way to go!
Why not amp up traditional nachos and make them special by using tater tots? Taters, beef, cheese, bacon, and sour cream make this one mouth-watering dish.
The totsibilies for these tachos are endless!
These crispy taters and cheese had us at hello. The best thing about this easy recipe is, You can customize it for your taste buds.
- Like 'em spicier, add some jalapenos or pepper jack cheese.
- Use whatever cheese you like. Sharp cheddar cheese is amazing!
- Not into beef. Use shredded pork, chicken, or sausage.
- Want to really mix it up? Use tater tots made from sweet potatoes
Crispy Tater Tots are loaded with cheese & bacon and baked until hot and bubbly just can't be beaten.
How to Make - step by step instructions
First, bake your tater tots on a sheet pan according to the package instructions.
While tater tots bake, cook ground beef with taco seasoning until meat is browned and cooked through. Drain off fat and set it aside.
Once your tots are done baking, remove them from the oven. Keep your oven on. Top with cooked beef, cooked bacon, and cheese. Place back in the oven until cheese is bubbly and melted.
Finally, remove from the oven and top with sour cream, salsa, olives, green onions, avocado, cilantro, or other desired toppings. Enjoy!
The nice thing about this tater tot nacho recipe is that once the tater tots bake in the oven, the rest of the dish comes together super fast!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- For easy clean-up, you can put foil or parchment paper down before baking.
- You can make your taco seasoning, which is cheaper and healthier than packaged brands.
- If you want to get fancy and put your tater tot nachos in a pretty serving dish, go for it! These tater tot nachos won't last long, so that idea may not be worth it!
What to Put on Top of Your Tater Tot Nachos
There is no doubt. You can go crazy with your garnishes and toppings, too.
- sour cream
- green onion
- pico de gallo
- hot sauce
They all work well.
There is something magical about crispy potatoes smothered in cheese and delicious toppings 🙂 Dreamy!
More Tater Tot Recipes
If you love tater tots, try:
Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole
Baked Tater Tot Casserole
Tater Tot Casserole Freezer Meal
Taco Tater Tot Casserole
We Love Hearing from YOU!
If you try this Tater Tot Nacho Recipe or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, don't forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below; we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
You can also FOLLOW US FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts., parenting tips, + DIYs!
We updated the recipe on 2/12/2019 with enhanced instructions. The recipe originally appeared on Real Housemoms.
Loaded Tater Tot Nachos Recipe
- 9x13 inch baking pan
- large skillet
- Spatula or cooking spoon
- 1 32-ounce large bag frozen tater tots (baked per package instructions)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning (or 2-3 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning)
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon (cooked & crumbled)
- avocado (cilantro, salsa, sliced olives & sour cream for garnish)
- Preheat the oven and prepare tater tots per package instructions.
- While tater tots bake, cook ground beef with taco seasoning until beef is browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- Once tots are done baking, remove from oven. Keep the oven on. Top with cooked beef, cooked bacon, and cheese. Place back in the oven until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Remove from oven and top with sour cream, salsa, olives, green onions, avocado, cilantro, or other desired toppings.
When to Eat Loaded Tater Nachos
Loaded Tater Tots work for any occasion that calls for an appetizer or small bites. This recipe is a total hit for gameday, girl's night, kids' sleepover, or date night!
Other incredible appetizer favorites include:
We eat this tater tot recipe for dinner on nights that call for a dose of comfort food. Enjoy!
Kitchen Items Used
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
These make me so happy!! All my favorites in one, addicting recipe!
Erin Henry says
Yes! An addicting recipe for sure!! So good!
I've never made nachos with tater tots before but my kids love'em so I had to make them. They were a HUGE hit!
Erin Henry says
They are a hit at our house too! Can't go wrong with kids and tater tots!
I absolutely love tater tots and nachos! This recipe is everything!!!!!
Erin Henry says
Everything and more! Love tater and cheese!
Now I know what I'm doing with the bag of tater tots I just bought! Yummy, Erin! 🙂
Yep, you totally know what you're doing with those tater tots!! Be careful, this recipe is dangerous. You'll want to finish every last tater in the pan!
Nachos are one of my all-time favorite foods, and so are potatoes, so the idea of combining the two in one dish...well, to say that I'm smitten would be an understatement! I can't wait to try this sometime!
Yeah, they are my weakness! Nachos and potatoes combined is just a little pan of heaven! Enjoy the recipe!