This Blue Cheese and Pecan Cheese Ball is made to party! Everyone loves this easy appetizer and its trio of cheeses!
Table of Contents
Blue Cheese and Pecan Cheese Ball
If you’re hosting a party or get-together, this Blue Cheese and Pecan Cheese Ball makes a delicious, crowd-pleasing appetizer.
The recipe for this addictive Cheese Ball with its trio of cheeses was passed down through our family for years. We make it for the holidays every year and it is always the first to disappear 🙂
It’s often called Bleu Cheese and Pecan Cheeseball, but that sounds too fancy.
Because you can never have enough cheese!
How to Make Blue Cheese and Pecan Cheese Ball with Old English Cheese
Ok, there’s a secret ingredient that makes this cheese ball come to life – it’s Kraft Old English Cheese. It’s pasteurized cheese made from sharp cheddar. Which doesn’t sound that appetizing, but it totally is!
This little bottle of spread has been popular for decades, both as an ingredient in recipes and as a spread for crackers.
In this cheese ball, it balances the Blue Cheese and cream cheese Perfectly!
First, grab a medium bowl and mix together your softened cream cheese, Kraft Old English Cheese, blue cheese, onion, and Worcestershire until completely combined.
Next, place the mixed ingredients in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes until firm and workable.
Now, roll cheese mixture into a ball. Place some nuts on a flat surface and coat cheese ball on all sides.
Place on your favorite serving plate and enjoy!
Tips for Making Your Bleu Cheese and Pecan Cheese Ball
- For ease, you can make this cheese ball a day ahead of time. It will keep in the refrigerator for a couple of days if you don’t eat it in one sitting. (doubtful it will last that long, though!)
- If you like, you can toast the pecans to give them more depth of flavor, but it’s not necessary.
- You can definitely use low-fat cream cheese in the recipe.
- It doesn’t matter the size of your chopped nuts – large or small works.
- This recipe can be made into a cheese log instead of a ball.
How to Serve a Holiday Cheese Ball
We have tried the cheese ball with chopped walnuts, but prefer the depth of flavor we get from the pecans. This appetizer is great served with just about any type of crisp cracker or cut vegetable.
What Type of Cracker?
Our family prefers a hearty whole-grain cracker, which gives a nice nutty balance to the tang of the cheese. However, Ritz Crackers, Club Crackers, and Triscuit Crackers work well.
More Holiday Appetizers
Cranberry Brie Cheese Bites – an easy appetizer that never disappoints.
Baked Brie – baking brie cheese is the best way to eat it.
Roasted Red Pepper Dip – healthy and easy to make.
Crockpot 3-Ingredient Meatballs – a classic recipe that’s incredibly easy.
We Love Hearing From Readers
If you try this Cheese Ball Recipe or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below, we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
Blue Cheese and Pecan Cheese Ball
- 8 oz package cream cheese
- 5 oz jar Old English Kraft cheese
- 5 oz package Crumbled Blue cheese
- 2 Tablespoons diced white onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chopped pecans (toast if desired)
- Mix softened cream cheese, Kraft Old English Cheese, blue cheese, onion, and Worcestershire until completely combined.
- Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes until firm and workable.
- Roll cheese into a ball and coat outside with chopped pecans.
- Place on your serving plate and enjoy!
This recipe really is the best Holiday Cheese Ball – it really brings the family together. The most convenient way to serve your Blue Cheese and Pecan Cheese Ball is to place it on a plate and gather crackers around it.
Easy and simple entertaining!
So grab your favorite crackers and let’s start snacking!
Make something delicious and pretty for your next party!
You May Also Like:
Goat Cheese and Honey Bites