This Blue Cheese and Pecan Cheese Ball is made to party! Everyone loves this easy appetizer and its trio of cheeses! Cream cheese, Kraft Old English cheese, and blue cheese are blended together for a blue cheese ball with a sharp and addictive flavor
If you're hosting a party or get-together, this Blue Cheese and Pecan Cheese Ball makes a delicious, crowd-pleasing appetizer.
All you need is your favorite crackers!
The easy recipe for this addictive Cheese Ball with its trio of cheeses was passed down through our family for years. We make it during the holiday season every year, and it is always the first to disappear 🙂
New year's eve wouldn't be the same without it!
It's often called Bleu Cheese and Pecan Cheeseball, but that sounds too fancy.
- Cream cheese - room temperature is best.
- Old English Cheese - a pasteurized cheese found in most grocery stores.
- Crumbled blue cheese
- White onions - diced.
- Worcestershire sauce
- Chopped pecans - toasted pecans are amazing if you have the time.
How to make Blue Cheese and pecan cheese ball with Old English Cheese
Okay, a secret ingredient makes this cheese ball come to life. It's Kraft Old English Cheese. It's pasteurized cheese made from sharp cheddar, and it has the best flavor!
This little bottle of spread has been popular for decades, both as an ingredient in recipes and as a spread for crackers.
This Blue Cheese Ball recipe balances the Blue Cheese and cream cheese Perfectly! It's definitely for blue cheese lovers!
First, grab a medium bowl and mix your room temperature cream cheese, Kraft Old English Cheese, blue cheese, onion, and Worcestershire until thoroughly combined.
PRO TIP: Take your cream cheese out of the refrigerator and set it on the counter about 30 minutes before you plan to make this cheeseball so it has time to soften.
Next, place the mixed ingredients in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes until firm and workable.
Now, roll the cheese mixture into a ball. Place some nuts on a flat surface and coat the cheese ball on all sides.
Place on your favorite serving plate and enjoy! It will become one of your favorite appetizers! Trust us.
Bacon cheese ball recipe
You can very easily turn this into a bacon cheese ball recipe.
- Cook up 6 - 8 slices of bacon.
- Let them cool and crumble into tiny pieces.
- After making the cheese ball per the instructions, cover it in the crumbled bacon instead of the pecans.
Tips for making your Bleu Cheese and pecan cheese ball
- For ease, you can make this cheese ball a day ahead of time. It will keep in the refrigerator for a couple of days if you don't eat it in one sitting. (doubtful it will last that long, though!)
- If you like, you can toast the pecans to give them more depth of flavor, but it's not necessary.
- You can definitely use low-fat cream cheese in the recipe.
- It doesn't matter the size of your chopped nuts - large or small works.
- You can make this recipe into a cheese log instead of a cheese ball.
How to serve a holiday cheese ball
We have tried the cheese ball with chopped walnuts but prefer the depth of flavor we get from the pecans. This classic cheese ball appetizer is great served with just about any crisp cracker, apple slices, or cut vegetables.
What type of cracker?
Our family prefers a hearty whole-grain cracker with some seeds, which gives a nice nutty balance to the tang of the cheese. However, Ritz Crackers, Club Crackers, and Triscuit Crackers work well.
How to store
To store your tasty cheese appetizer, cover it with a large piece of plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
How far in advance can you make a cheeseball?
You can make a homemade cheese ball up to a week in advance. Make sure to wrap it tightly in cling wrap and place it in an airtight container. Then, store it in the back of the refrigerator until ready to use.
More Holiday Appetizers
Cranberry Brie Cheese Bites - The perfect appetizer for the holidays that never disappoints.
Baked Brie - baking brie cheese is the best way to eat it.
Roasted Red Pepper Dip - healthy and easy to make in less than 5 minutes.
Crockpot 3-Ingredient Meatballs - a classic recipe that's incredibly easy and perfect for feeding a crowd.
We love hearing from readers
If you try this perfect holiday Cheese Ball Recipe or any other Suburban Simplicity recipe, don’t forget to rate it and let us know how it went in the comments below; we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
Blue Cheese and Pecan Cheese Ball Recipe
- medium bowl
- 8 oz package cream cheese
- 5 oz jar Old English Kraft cheese
- 5 oz package Crumbled Blue cheese
- 2 Tablespoons diced white onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chopped pecans (toast if desired)
- Mix softened cream cheese, Kraft Old English Cheese, blue cheese, onion, and Worcestershire in a medium bowl until completely combined.
- Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes until firm and workable.
- Roll cheese into a ball and coat outside with chopped pecans.
- Place on your serving plate and enjoy!
Make something delicious and pretty for your next party!
You May Also Like:
Goat Cheese and Honey Bites