This Roasted Asparagus with Lemon recipe is a simple and easy side dish ready in minutes. Fresh asparagus is roasted to perfection and seasoned with lemon juice.
This simple little veggie recipe is delicious! Roasted Asparagus with Lemon is so good! All you need to do is add lemon!
This easy recipe is a game-changer for busy weeknights or crazy holidays. It's low in calories and a great source of nutrients, including fiber, folate, and vitamins A, C, and K. It is the perfect spring vegetable.
Our gang likes Roasted Asparagus served with Instant Pot Lemon Chicken. The lemon in the chicken pairs perfectly with the lemon-drizzled asparagus.
Do you like roasted vegetables? Have you tried Roasted Brussels Sprouts?? So. Darn. Good!
Table of Contents
How to Make - Step By Step Directions
This veggie side dish is effortless to prepare (like 5 minutes of prep) and cooks while you get the rest of your dinner ready. One-pan clean-up, too!
And yes, do wash your asparagus before cooking 🙂
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Wash your asparagus and break or cut off the hard, fibrous end of the stems—place asparagus on a roasting pan or Silpat mat in a single layer.
Pro Tip: Find the place in the stalk where it's bendable and will break the easiest. It's the perfect spot to have just the tender part you want to eat left, not the woody stem.
If you like to cut them where you think the woody part begins, that's great, too.
Next, drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over asparagus—season with sea salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
Pro Tip: Tuck a couple of lemon slices under the asparagus for added flavor.
Place in the oven and roast asparagus for 8-10 minutes. Twelve minutes if you have thick stalks.
When the stalks are slightly browned and crisp-tender, they are done.
Plate them up, and they're ready to serve!
How to Pick the Best Asparagus
March is when asparagus comes into season and the perfect time to grab a bunch or two to roast up.
- When shopping for asparagus, the tips are the first thing to look at. Tips that are firm with closed petals and minimal to no budding are the best.
- The stalks should be a nice bright green and be firm without looking woody or dehydrated.
Tips and Recipe Notes
- A good quality olive oil makes for great flavor!
- If possible, use freshly squeezed lemon juice on your oven-baked asparagus. Bottled lemon juice will do in a pinch. It brings out the flavor of the asparagus.
- You can add two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese for variety before roasting. It's delish!
- You can eat the lemon slices after they are roasted with your asparagus. They have a nice sweet, caramelized flavor. Or just use them as garnish.
More Delicious Dinner Recipes
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
Roasting Pan - We love this 3-piece set with a pan, rack, AND a Silpat baking mat.
Silpat Mat - hands down, our favorite baking and roasting essential for sweet and savory foods.
We love to know how it goes
If you try these Christmas Kabobs or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below, we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon
- 1 pound fresh asparagus (ends trimmed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. If desired, line a rimmed roasting pan with parchment paper. Wash asparagus and break or cut off the hard, fibrous end of the stems
- Place asparagus on your roasting pan or Silpat mat in a single layer.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over asparagus. Season with sea salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat. Tuck lemon slices around asparagus.
- Place in preheated oven and roast for 8-10 minutes or until the asparagus is crisp on the outside and tender in the center.
So grab some fresh asparagus and whip up this easy Roasted Asparagus Recipe with Lemon!