The perfect comfort food – Tater Tot Casserole! This kid-friendly recipe satisfies the entire family and is on the table in just over 30 minutes! An easy weeknight dinner.
Yummy Tater Tot Casserole
Who doesn’t love tater tots?? They remind me of my childhood, so I could eat them anytime and be perfectly content…probably a few pounds heavier, but content. My kids now devour them, so making tater tot casserole was a no brainer for me!
Did you know Americans consume approximately 70 million pounds of tater tots per year? Guess we’re not the only ones who love them.
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
How to Make Tater Tot Casserole
It’s pretty easy to brown the meat, mix in the soup, milk, Worcestershire and cheese, place the ingredients in the baking dish and top with the potatoes and cheese.
A good sturdy pan (in a cute Agave blue color) to make your casserole is this 13×9 pan by Rachel Ray.
I wondered if the tater tots would be crisp enough and they were. So our family rates this recipe very high for ease and deliciousness!
If you’re looking for a Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole recipe, I have one of those, too!
Tips for Making Tater Tot Casserole
- I always look for ways to make dinner a little healthier, so I often use ground turkey instead of ground beef, and I throw in some frozen peas, broccoli or green beans. The kids roll their eyes about it, but they know I care 🙂
- Using cream of chicken or celery soup, whatever you have in your pantry, also works great in this recipe.
Meatless Tater tot Casserole
You could also make this tater tot casserole meatless, which would be delicious, just by omitting the meat.
Tater Tot Casserole Variations
Fortunately, this delicious family dinner can be changed up in a million different ways.
Your family will love any one of these Tater Tot Casserole variations! Try one today!
- Mexican Tater Tot Casserole- Green chiles or jalapeños, corn, diced tomatoes and pepper jack cheese gives this recipe a spicy flavor
- Chili Tater Tot Casserole- Add chili, corn, and olives to the base and top with tater tots and cheese
- Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole- Layer those gorgeous, crispy tots with eggs, crumbled sausage and cheese. You will not be disappointed!
- And, of course you can make a Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole!
Can Tater Tot Casserole Be Frozen?
Yes! You can either make your casserole per the instructions and place it in the freezer until ready to bake–or bake it and then place in the freezer and reheat later.
If you’ve tried this TATER TOT CASSEROLE or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Tater Tot Casserole
The perfect comfort food - Tater Tot Casserole! This kid-friendly recipe satisfies the entire family and is on the table in just over 30 minutes! An easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 10.75 ounce can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups frozen Tater Tots
Cook beef and diced onion in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until beef is well browned, stirring to break up meat. Pour off fat.
Stir soup, milk, 1 cup cheese and Worcestershire into skillet. Spoon beef mixture into 11x9-inch shallow baking dish. Arrange potatoes on top of meat mixture and top with remaining cup of cheese.
Bake at 425 degrees F for 25 minutes or until potatoes are crisp and cheese is slightly brown.
You can make this meatless by omitting the ground beef.
Nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Tater tot aren’t just for lunch rooms and cafeterias. They can be enjoyed anytime. You can easily double this recipe to have throughout the week, which is a huge time saver.
Here are some other family-friendly Easy Weeknight Dinners to try.
You May Also Like These Comfort Food Recipes
Let me know what your family thinks!
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!