This easy Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole is a must-make! Crispy tater tots, layered between ground beef, and smothered in cheese. Yum!
Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole
I’m not sure who likes this Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole more, me and my husband or my kids! What could be better than crispy taters, layered between ground beef, and smothered in cheese?
My love of tater tots started a long time again and has never wavered 🙂 (Hello, Tater Tot Nachos, I’m talkin’ to you!!)
Yep! This is the perfect crock pot recipe!
It’s that time of year when crock pot recipes come in very handy! We love Healthy Crock Pot Recipes but also this Crockpot Pizza Casserole and 3-Ingredient Crockpot Meatballs when we’re not gobbling up what we consider The Best Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole, especially on busy weeknights.
You might think that tater tots can’t be done in the crockpot, but you’ll be pleasantly surprised. It totally works! Plus, the combo of flavors in this crockpot recipe is just amazing!
Commmmfort food for sure.
I have a recipe for an oven baked Tater Tot Casserole, too.
How to Make Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole
This recipe comes together rather quickly once you cook your ground beef and onions.
In a medium pan, brown your ground beef and onions over medium heat.
Now, add all the ingredients besides the tater tots and half the cheese into the meat mixture – and it alone is good!
Next, you create a layer of tater tots in the bottom of your crockpot that’s sprayed with non-stick spray.
I just like to dump them in, no special placement required. Then you add your meat mixture.
I spend a little more time arranging the final layer of tater tots so it looks nice and pretty, but honestly, you could just dump them in and be totally fine.
You let these layers of goodness cook on low about 6-7 hours or high for about 3. With about 15 minutes left on your cooking time, you place your remaining shredded cheese over the top of the tater tots.
Finally, this melts into a glorious cheese topping.
Now, your casserole is ready to dig into. I often find myself grabbing a cheesy tot while I’m serving it up–because it’s just soooo good!
Tips for Making Crockpot Tater Tot Casserole
- For a little extra nutrition, I used frozen green beans in this recipe. However, you could use any combo of vegetables like broccoli or corn, or leave them out altogether. It’s totally up to you.
- Tater tot casserole can be made with ground beef or turkey.
- This recipe is great for game day when you need something that will deliciously feed a crowd.
- For reference, this recipe was cooked in a 6-quart crock pot.
Supplies Used to Make Slow Cooker Tater Tot Casserole
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
6-quart Crockpot – a kitchen staple for year-round easy slow cooker recipes.
Medium Sauté Pan – great for browning, sautéing, or omelet making.
If you’ve tried this Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Crock Pot Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 32 ounce bag tater tots
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 1 10.75 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green beans optional
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pan, brown ground beef and onion on medium heat until no pink remains in the meat. Drain any fat.
- Mix soup, milk, green beans if using, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and 1 cup cheese into meat mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray bottom of crockpot with non-stick spray. Layer half tater tots in bottom of crockpot. Pour meat mixture over tater tots and then top with remaining tater tots.
- Cook on high 3 hours or low 6-7 hours. About 15 minutes before it’s finished cooking, place remaining cup of cheese over tater tots.
Other Crock Pot Recipes
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!