Love Oreos? Then you HAVE to try this Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. Homemade chocolate chip cookies with an Oreo cookie nestled inside! Best Cookie Ever!
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
One of my favorite things in the world are classic chocolate chip cookies. I love the delightful combination of cookie dough and chocolate with its crisp, golden brown edges and soft chewy middle. Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are the only…and I mean ONLY…way homemade cookies could get any better!
Oreos bring back such happy, carefree memories of childhood. You could dunk ’em, pull them apart and eat the creme first or just sit around with friends and devour them in one bite!
It’s true, using regular Oreos for this recipe works great, but if you love the creme filling, they are double good with Double Stuffed Oreos!
Secret to Baking Perfect Cookies
Wanna know the secret to cookies with perfectly crisp outer edges and a soft chewy middles? It’s really simple and I NEVER bake cookies without it. It’s the Silpat Baking Mat.
It turns your everyday oven into a professional baking superstar. Seriously, it’s amazing how well recipes cook or bake with this little mat!
It’s non-stick so no need to use parchment paper. It works for both sweet and savory recipes! Love it!
Homemade Oreo Stuffed Cookies
For the Oreo stuffing part, there are a couple of techniques you can try.
- I personally like taking a large scoop of cooke dough and forming it around the Oreo cookies with my hands.
- Other recipes say to place a scoop of cookie dough on top and one on the bottom of the Oreo, then shape with hands. I found this created odd shaped cookies once they baked up. There was so much dough, it just spread way too much.
Tips for Making Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- These cookies tend to expand a lot, so make sure you give them plenty of room on your cookie sheet!
- Definitely wrap the entire Oreo even if you think it will melt down to cover them.
- I used a classic Oreo in this recipe, but why not experiment with other flavors like chocolate, peanut butter or whatever is available seasonally? The only thing you’ll regret is that you didn’t think of this sooner!!
If you’ve tried these OREO STUFFED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups 12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Bag Oreo Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl, set aside. Beat softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in mixing bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add in flour mixture and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Take a large scoop of cookie dough and form it around Oreo cookie with hands. Completely enclose Oreo in dough. Place on cookie sheet (I prefer mine lined with a Silpat Baking Mat). Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes; place on baking racks to cool completely. Store in airtight container for 1 week or 8 weeks in freezer. Enjoy!
These cookies don’t last long in our house…I’m sure they won’t in yours either!
So, make more happy memories and enjoy your creme filled Oreo sandwich cookies nestled in homemade chocolate chip cookies! Don’t have time to make them now, Pin for later here.
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
More Scrumptious Cookie Recipes:
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!