This easy Blueberry Tart with Puff Pastry is so easy to make and so pretty to serve. Golden, flakey crust filled with creamy cheesecake filling, topped with fresh blueberries.
Easy Blueberry Tart
Summers scream fresh fruit, and one of our favorites is vine-ripened blueberries. Every year, we pick several pounds at a local farm, which keeps our freezer stocked throughout the year. One of my favorite recipes to make with our blueberries is this Heavenly Blueberry Tart Made with Puff Pastry.
- It's family-friendly.
- A make-ahead recipe.
- And it's quick-cooking.
Blueberry Cobbler with Cookie Dough Crust is also a summer favorite!
This dessert has a golden, flakey crust filled with a creamy cheesecake-like filling, topped with fresh blueberries. It's super easy and amazingly delicious so that no one can resist a blueberry dessert!
Other favorites to make with our buckets full of fresh berries are Blueberry Oatmeal Bars or this scrumptious Blueberry Cobbler with Cookie Dough Crust.
Of course, you can always make blueberry smoothies because they are awesome!
How To Make - Step By Step Instructions
For some reason, regular tarts seem intimidating.
They look pretty for sure, but we worry about getting the crust right and the end result that tastes good. With this Blueberry Puff Pastry Tart Dessert recipe, there's nothing to worry about because you use puff pastry, and what could be easier than that!
Step 1 - Grab Your Pastry Dough
First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
Grab your puff pastry dough from the freezer. You don't even need to roll it out. We find it works best for this recipe straight from the package - just open it up.
Step 2 - Prep Your Dough
Next, you score a one-inch border around the edges of the dough with a knife. Just don't cut all the way through.
Step 3 - Prep for Oven and Bake
Before popping it in the oven, place an egg wash around that border and dust it with sugar. Now, bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Score the edge again and press the inside down. This is a little nest for your filling and blueberries. Let this cool.
Step 4 - Make Filling
In the meantime, make your yummy cheesecake filling by mixing your room temperature cream cheese, cream, lemon zest, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
Tip: Take your cream cheese out of the refrigerator about 30-45 minutes before you plan to use it. That way, it will be soft and perfect for mixing.
Step 5 - Place filling in Dough
Spread this mixture evenly into your baked pastry dough. Next, top with your blueberries—finally, dust with powdered sugar.
Yes! Your beautiful masterpiece is done, and you can wow guests!
Tips & Tricks
Everyone loves this Blueberry Tart recipe, and here are some helpful tips for making your own.
- Make sure to take your cream cheese out of the refrigerator to soften while making your dough.
- Fortunately, we find the puff pastry works excellent straight from the package—no need to roll it out.
- Try adding mascarpone cheese instead of heavy cream cheese. It's incredibly light and sweet.
- For Memorial Day or the 4th of July, add blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries for a festive red, white and blue theme.
- If you want to make this dessert ahead, prepare the puff pastry and cream cheese and keep them separate until ready to serve.
- To take it up a notch, I like the taste and texture of turbinado sugar on the crust, but you can substitute granulated sugar if that's what you have on hand.
- Bonus, one reader suggested adding lemon curd. We think that sounds delicious!
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure Policy here.
Mixing Bowl - a staple for mixing recipes and baking treats! This set is fantastic because they have a non-skid bottom.
Silpat Baking Mat - my go-to non-stick mat for all my baking needs! It makes the best cookies!
We Love To Hear From You!
If you try this Puff Pastry with Blueberries or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below. We love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
You can also FOLLOW US FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts, + DIYs!
Easy Blueberry Tart Recipe
- Baking pan
- Pastry Brush
- Electric Mixer
- 1 8-ounce sheet frozen puff pastry (thawed)
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar ((can substitute granulated sugar))
- 4 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries
- Heat oven to 375° F. On a parchment-lined baking sheet or Silpat mat, unfold the sheet of pastry and smooth it out.
- Using the tip of a knife, score a 1-inch border around the pastry without cutting all the way through the dough. Brush just the border with beaten egg and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar.
- Bake until golden and puffed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Re-score the border of the baked pastry with your knife without cutting all the way through. Gently press the center of the pastry sheet down to flatten it. Let cool to room temperature, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While pastry bakes, beat the cream cheese, cream, lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons of the powdered sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly in the center of the pastry.
- Place blueberries over the filling and dust with the remaining tablespoon of powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
Sarah Skaggs says
This was sooo good! We will definitely be making it again
Erin Henry says
We are so glad the recipe turned out so well for you, Sarah! It's such an easy way to please a crowd!
Krissy Allori says
This was easy to make and tasted great! My family has already asked me to make it again.
Erin Henry says
Yes, this is one of those recipes you get asked for again and again. It really is a keeper.
Heavenly indeed and I love how easy it was to assemble - delicious!
Erin Henry says
Thanks, Kimberly! This is such a wonderful spring recipe! So many occasions to make it.
It doesn't get much better than this tart!! We are obsessed! Thanks for sharing!
Erin Henry says
We agree, Chelsea! This tart is so easy it practically makes itself 🙂
Janice Iorio says
This tart is delicious! I love lemon so I added some lemon curd and doubled the cream cheese mixture. My family loved it! I made two as my son was visiting and he had to take one back home with him. I will be making this again!! Thank you for such a fast and delicious recipe!!
This is a fan favorite recipe, Janice! Glad your family liked it too! Love the idea of lemon curd!
Blueberries are one of our favorite summer berries. We simply can't get enough! I love how easy this is, and can't wait to make it!
Me too, Chellie. I can't wait to pick some fresh blueberries next weekend and have them for all my baked goods!
Yum!! You won me over with EASY--and blueberries and lemon together are just SO SO good!
That blueberry lemon combo is a good one! Plus, an easy recipe makes time in the kitchen soooo much better! Enjoy, Kristen!
I've only "dealt with" puff pastry once and that was for my first attempt at Beef Wellington. The recipe gods showed kindness on me and I knocked it out of the park. That said, I will never have the incredible gift in the kitchen like you do Erin!! Another jaw dropping success here! 🙂
Yay, for the the recipe gods! Puff pastry is usually easy to work with, so you should be good to go with this recipe too, Mike! No incredible gifts in the kitchen necessary 🙂