This Blueberry Tart with Puff Pastry is so easy to make and so pretty to serve. Golden, flakey crust filled with creamy cheesecake filling, topped with fresh blueberries.
Summers scream fresh fruit and one of our favorites is vine ripened blueberries. Every year, we pick several pounds at a local farm, which keeps our freezer stocked through the year. One of my favorite recipes to make with our blueberries is this Heavenly Blueberry Tart Made with Puff Pastry.
A golden, flakey crust filled with creamy cheesecake like filling, topped with fresh blueberries. It’s super easy and amazingly delicious – so a blueberry dessert no one can resist!
How To Make a Puff Pastry Blueberry Tart
For some reason, regular tarts intimidate me. They look pretty for sure, but I worry about getting the crust right and it tasting good. With this recipe, there’s nothing to worry about because you use puff pastry, and what could be easier than that!
You start with puff pastry. You don’t even need to roll it out. I find it works best for this recipe straight from the package – just open it up.
Next, you score a one-inch border around the edges of the dough with a knife. Just don’t cut all the way through. Before you pop it in the oven, place an egg wash around that border and dust it with sugar. Now, bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
Score the edge again and press the inside down. This is a little nest for your filling and blueberries. Let this cool.
In the meantime, make your yummy cheesecake filling by mixing your room temperature cream cheese, cream, lemon zest, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
Spread this mixture evenly into your baked pastry dough. Next, top with your blueberries. Finally, dust with powdered sugar.
Yes! Your beautiful masterpiece is done, and you can wow guests!
Tips for Making a Blueberry Tart Recipe
Everyone loves this recipe and here are some helpful tips for making your own.
- Make sure to take your cream cheese out of the refrigerator to soften while you make your dough.
- Fortunately, I found the puff pastry works great straight from the package. No need to roll it out.
- Try adding marscapone cheese instead of the heavy cream cheese. It’s amazing light and sweet.
- For Memorial Day or the 4th of July, add blueberries, strawberries or raspberries for a festive red, white and blue theme.
- If you want to make this dessert ahead, prepare the puff pastry and cream cheese and keep separate until ready to serve.
- To take it up a notch, I like the taste and texture of turbanado sugar on the crust, but you can substitute granulated sugar if that’s what you have on hand.
Video of How to Make A Blueberry Tart
Supplies Used to Make Easy Blueberry Tart
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
Mixing Bowl – a staple for mixing recipes and baking treats! This set is cool because they have a non-skid bottom.
If you’ve tried this Easy Blueberry Tart or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Easy Blueberry Tart
- 1 8-ounce sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon turbanado sugar (can substitute granulated sugar)
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries
- Heat oven to 375° F. On a parchment-lined baking sheet or Silpat mat, unfold the sheet of pastry and smooth it out.
- Using the tip of a knife, score a 1-inch border around the pastry without cutting all the way through the dough. Brush just the border with beaten egg and sprinkle with the turbanado sugar. Bake until golden and puffed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Re-score the border of the baked pastry with your knife without cutting all the way through. Gently press the center of the pastry sheet down to flatten it. Let cool to room temperature, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While pastry bakes, beat the cream cheese, cream, lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons of the powered sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly in the center of the pastry.
- Place blueberries over the filling and dust with the remaining tablespoon of powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
You May Also Like:
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!