These Candy Pretzel Turkey Bites are a tasty and adorable Thanksgiving treat. The perfect dessert idea for your Thanksgiving party or celebration!
We've got all the best Thanksgiving Treats! If you're looking for another easy and adorable Thanksgiving dessert, try Pumpkin Pie Turkeys and if you want something easier than pumpkin pie, make delicious Pumpkin Pie Bombs!
Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Have you planned your meal and trimmings?
If you need a tasty Thanksgiving treat that's super easy to make - try these Candy Pretzel Turkey Bites!
The salty, sweet combo is fantastic, and since they're so adorable, no one is going to be able to pass them up! Plus, they're easier than pumpkin pie!
Thanksgiving treats with Candy Corn
Candy corn has been dear to our hearts since we were teeny tiny. Nowadays, we fill a jar before Halloween and have it on the counter for as long as possible!
It's somewhat funny that we find this candy so good!
The three colors of the candy - a broad yellow end, a tapered orange center, and a pointed white tip – mimic corn kernels' appearance. Corn! That's why it was initially called chicken feed!
Americans and Canadians consume about 20 million pounds of candy corn a year. Whoa!
It's just so fun to have Thanksgiving Recipes the Kids Can Help With.
If you like cute holiday food, you may also want to check out these adorable Reindeer Brownies!
How to make easy pretzel Rolo turkeys
With a few simple ingredients, you can whip these little gobblers up in no time. These are easy Thanksgiving desserts kids can help with.
- First, preheat the oven to 250 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat.
- Next, place pretzels with the salted side down with the double-rounded end pointed toward you.
- Now, unwrap your Rolo candies and place them in the center towards the top of the pretzel.
- Place them in the oven until the chocolate softens but is not totally melted, about 1 minute. It's important to make sure they don't get too soft!!
- Begin decorating by placing the candy eyeballs towards the middle, slightly towards the Rolos candy's top. Take Reese's Pieces candy, turn it sideways, and insert it below the eyes. Finally, take three pieces of candy corn and insert them along the top of the Rolos for the feathers.
- Finally, place your little turkeys in the freezer to solidify for 5 - 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Tips & tricks
- These little candy turkeys can be made ahead; store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Make sure you watch your Rolos while in the oven to ensure they don't melt too much.
- Readers say 30 seconds in the microwave will also melt the Rolo candy. Try it and let us know!
If you're looking for things to entertain the kids on Turkey Day, try these Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids!
Kitchen supplies needed
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
We Love Hearing from YOU!
If you try these Candy Pretzel Turkey Bites or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, don't forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below. Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe. We love hearing from you!
Candy Pretzel Turkey Bites
- parchment paper
- 12 Pretzel Twists
- 36 Pieces of Candy Corn
- 12 Rolos
- 12 Reese's Pieces
- 24 Candy Eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or Silpat baking mat.
- Place pretzels with the salted side down with the double rounded end pointed toward you.
- Unwrap Rolo candies and place them in the center towards the top of the pretzel.
- Place them in the oven until the chocolate softens, about 1 minute.
- Beginning decorating by placing the candy eyeballs towards the middle, slightly towards the top, of the Rolos candy. Take a Reese's Pieces and turn it sideways and insert it below the eyes. Finally, take three pieces of candy corn and insert them along the top of the Rolos for the feathers.
- Place them in the freezer to solidify. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
- These little turkeys can be made ahead, just store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Make sure you watch your Rolos while in the oven to make sure they don't melt too much.
Here's a video of my adorable girls walking you through each step. They're so helpful! I love these two!
See, wasn't that easy??
This time of year is wonderful because it brings family and friends together. So, create a family tradition and make some Candy Pretzel Turkey Bites!
You may also like this Saltine Toffee (Christmas Crack) Or What to Wear In Holiday Pictures.