These quick and easy Candy Pretzel Turkey Bites are a tasty and adorable Thanksgiving treat. The perfect dessert idea for your Thanksgiving dinner or celebration!
We've got all the best Thanksgiving Treats! If you're looking for another easy and adorable Thanksgiving dessert, try Pumpkin Pie Turkeys and if you want something easier than pumpkin pie, make delicious Pumpkin Pie Bombs!
Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Have you planned your meal and trimmings?
If you need a tasty Thanksgiving treat that's super easy to make - try these Candy Pretzel Turkey Bites! Or, as the kids call them, Reese's Turkeys.
The salty, sweet combo is fantastic, and since they're so adorable, no one is going to be able to pass them up! Plus, they're easier than pumpkin pie! We love fun Thanksgiving food ideas.
We also like Thanksgiving to be as easy as possible!
Thanksgiving Treats with Candy Corn
Candy corn has been dear to our hearts since we were teeny tiny. Nowadays, we fill a jar before Halloween and have it on the counter for as long as possible!
The three colors of the candy - a broad yellow end, a tapered orange center, and a pointed white tip – mimic corn kernels' appearance. Corn! That's why it was initially called chicken feed!
Americans and Canadians consume about 20 million pounds of candy corn a year. Whoa!
Candy Corn works for Pumpkin Pie Turkeys and Thanksgiving Brownies too!
It's just so fun to have Thanksgiving Recipes the Kids Can Help With.
If you like fun holiday treats, you may also want to check out these adorable Reindeer Brownies!
How to Make Easy Pretzel Rolo Turkeys
With a few simple ingredients like Reese's cups and Rolos, you can whip these little gobblers up in no time. These are easy Thanksgiving desserts kids can help with.
- First, preheat the oven to 250 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat.
- Next, place pretzels with the salted side down with the double-rounded end pointed toward you.
- Now, unwrap your Rolo candies and place them in the center towards the top of the pretzel.
- Place them in the oven until the chocolate softens but is not totally melted, about 1 minute. It's important to make sure they don't get too soft!!
- Begin decorating by placing the candy eyeballs towards the middle, slightly towards the Rolos candy's top. Take Reese's Pieces candy, turn it sideways, and insert it below the eyes. Finally, take three pieces of candy corn and insert them along the top of the Rolos for the feathers.
- Finally, place your little turkeys in the freezer to solidify for 5 - 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Tips & tricks
- These little candy turkeys can be made ahead of Thanksgiving day. Store them in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Make sure you watch your Rolos while in the oven to ensure they don't melt too much.
- Readers say 30 seconds in the microwave will also melt the Rolo candy for your cute turkey. Try it and let us know!
If you're looking for things to entertain the kids on Turkey Day, try these Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids! It's always nice to have something for the kids' table.
Kitchen supplies needed
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
Parchment Paper or Silpat Baking Mat - our personal favorite for all my cookie and candy baking!
Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes
Here's a video of my adorable girls walking you through each step. They're so helpful! I love these two!
We love hearing from YOU!
If you try these Candy Pretzel Turkey Bites or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, don't forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below.
Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe. We love hearing from you!
You can also FOLLOW US FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts, + DIYs!
Candy Pretzel Turkey Bites
- parchment paper
- 12 Pretzel Twists
- 36 Pieces of Candy Corn
- 12 Rolos
- 12 Reese's Pieces
- 24 Candy Eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or Silpat baking mat.
- Place pretzels with the salted side down with the double rounded end pointed toward you.
- Unwrap Rolo candies and place them in the center towards the top of the pretzel.
- Place them in the oven until the chocolate softens, about 1 minute.
- Beginning decorating by placing the candy eyeballs towards the middle, slightly towards the top, of the Rolos candy. Take a Reese's Pieces and turn it sideways and insert it below the eyes. Finally, take three pieces of candy corn and insert them along the top of the Rolos for the feathers.
- Place them in the freezer to solidify. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
- These little turkeys can be made ahead, just store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Make sure you watch your Rolos while in the oven to make sure they don't melt too much.
These were adorable! We had so much fun making these and they were sooo good!
Erin Henry says
This recipe is always a treat to make and to eat! A family favorite!
I love easy Halloween treats and these candy turkey bites are one of the easiest. Thank you!
Erin Henry says
We love how easy these Candy Pretzel Turkeys are too, Emily! Our girls have made them for years.
I can not wait to make these for Thanksgiving, what a cool idea. I think we are going to top off some cupcakes with these and they will be perfect.
Erin Henry says
We love the idea of making these little turkeys a cupcake topper! Perfect for Thanksgiving!
These were so much fun to make! It's time for a re-do this year. Some came out perfect, some came out looking like they were a little tipsy but we served them all! I would upload a picture if I could.
Erin Henry says
If you soften the Rolo too much, Stacy, they tend to get a little tipsy...but delicious none the less 🙂