Turn a classic ingredient into these Easy Breakfast Pizza Bagels as a perfect on-the-go breakfast! Bagels have never looked better than when topped with eggs, bacon, and cheese. This recipe is a perfect choice for starting the day off right!
Breakfast Pizza Bagels
Chewy, salty, creamy, and rich in flavor, this is what breakfast dreams are made of in our kitchen. A pizza bagel is already a fun kid snack, but why not turn them into a healthy all-in-one breakfast that you can grab and go with on busy mornings?
Using mini bagels for this recipe makes them a great choice for little hands. Of course, kids love the fact that you are making them “pizza” for breakfast.
These are even great for that family brunch or breakfast potluck around holidays or family gatherings.
Bite-sized options are always a favorite!
Can I Use Whole Wheat Bagels?
For this recipe, you can use any bagel you like. Plain bagels are the traditional choice, but you can definitely substitute whole wheat, whole grain, cheese bagels, or even a nice jalapeno cheddar bagel.
If you can find mini-bagels in various flavors, grab them for different breakfast pizza bagel options. We have even made these with everything bagels for that added punch of flavor in every bite!
Variations on Breakfast Pizza Bagels
As mentioned above, there are tons of ways you can add variety to this recipe. We stuck with a classic bacon, egg, cheese recipe for ease, but you can make this what you prefer easily.
This recipe includes bacon and eggs for the quintessential morning meal, but you can easily substitute your favorite breakfast flavors. Some more variations are below.
- Sausage, mushroom, bell pepper, and onion.
- Canadian bacon or ham with cheddar cheese.
- Veggie bacon for vegetarians.
- All veggies – with mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, and bell peppers.
- Jalapeno slices with cheese and eggs.
- Topped with hot sauce, salsa, Everything but the Bagel seasoning, or avocado slices.
How to Freeze Pizza Bagels for Future Breakfasts
Since these are mini and take a bit of time to prepare, we like making super large portions and then freezing them to have on another day. This is meal prep at its best!
To do that, you need to follow a few simple steps.
Prepare the bagels as directed, then bake and allow them to cool completely. Place them on a lined baking sheet, and flash freeze for one hour so that toppings are frozen in place.
Now, remove from the baking sheet and place in a freezer storage bag or container that has been labeled and dated.
If you want to keep them separate to only pull out a few at a time, layer in a large freezer storage container with waxed paper between the layers.
Want another fast breakfast option? Check out our 1-Minute Sauage and Cheese Omelet.
Tips for Making Breakfast Bagel Pizzas
- These Breakfast Pizzas freeze very well — wrap cooled pizza bagels tightly in plastic wrap (we usually place them in an airtight container or a large Ziploc bag for good measure) and freeze. Defrost in microwave or toaster oven before enjoying them at a later time.
Make sure to check out our handy tips on How to Prevent Freezer Burn!
How to Make Breakfast Pizza Bagels
Gather your ingredients together to get started making this delicious breakfast!
Tip: Pre-cook bacon or sausage to add to the tops of these bagel pizzas. Make sure to use our handy tip for How to Cook Bacon in the Oven.
Preheat your oven, prepare your baking sheet, and slice the bagels in half.
Place the sliced bagels open side up on the baking sheet, then lightly butter them and bake for 10-minutes to toast.
While the bagels are toasting, prepare your scrambled eggs.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream until light and frothy. Now, you will heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat to melt the butter. Add in the egg mixture and turn down the heat to cook until scrambled. Stirring occasionally to get all sides cooked through.
You can also season the eggs as desired while cooking.
Remove the bagels from the oven, then divide the scrambled eggs between the bagels.
Sprinkle the tops with cheese and crumbled bacon before placing back in the oven for an additional 10-minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Remove from the oven and garnish with green onions or sauce as desired then serve warm.
Share This Recipe with Others
If you try this Breakfast Bagel Pizza Recipe or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below; we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
Breakfast Bagel Pizzas Recipe
- Baking pan
- 12 mini bagels (halved)
- unsalted butter
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cup shredded Cheddar
- 12 slices cooked bacon
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Place bagels on an un-greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet, lightly butter, and then baked for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make scrambled eggs: In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and cream until light and frothy. In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add the egg mixture and immediately turn down the heat to medium-low. Stir occasionally with a spatula or wooden spoon when the eggs are nearly set—season with salt and pepper.
- Divide scrambled eggs between the bagels, then sprinkle with cheese and top with crumbled bacon. Bake until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Garnish with green onions if desired and serve warm.
Defrost in microwave or toaster oven before enjoying it at a later time. Nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator. ★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!