Make mornings easy with this delicious 1-Minute Sausage and Cheese Omelet! It’s packed with protein and is so easy to make!
This post has been sponsored by Darigold. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
1-Minute Sausage and Cheese Omelet
Mornings can be rushed and a little stressful. But what if they weren’t? All you need is a minute, and you can cook one delicious breakfast that’s packed with protein and fuels you to conquer your day! How good does a 1-Minute Sausage and Cheese Omelet sound!
Fresh eggs, milk, cheese and sausage cook in the microwave to simplify your morning and get you on your way.
Kids gobble up this easy omelet, too! Hummm, mornings are starting to look a lot better!
All the ingredients can be picked up your local Albertsons—including the Darigold FIT milk used to make this recipe light and fluffy—so shopping and breakfast are easy, peasy!
How To Make a Sausage and Cheese Omelette in the Microwave
An omelet made in the microwave is a smart, perfectly good alternative to one made on the stovetop. Plus, less mess! So, yes, you can totally make an omelet in the microwave. This is a great mom hack!
There are a few simple ingredients to make a tasty microwave omelet that ensures a perfect recipe.
- Cooked Sausage (crumbles or links cut into small pieces)
- Darigold FIT Milk
- Darigold Cheddar Cheese (or whatever cheese you like)
And when you use Darigold Fit Ultra-filtered milk to make your light and fluffy omelet, you get 75% more protein and 40% less sugar than if you use regular milk. Pretty great, right? Because we all need a little less sugar in our diet!
Plus, Darigold FIT is 100% natural and lactose-free. I find it in the refrigerated milk section with all the other milk.
So, let’s make breakfast!
First, grab a 2-cup microwave-safe bowl and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Beat (1) egg and (1 tablespoon) Darigold FIT milk in a bowl until blended. Now, add your sausage (1 link).
The milk is essential to keeping your egg omelet soft and airy. We love Darigold FIT milk because it’s fresh and creamy—just like regular milk, only better!
Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Push cooked egg to the center with a fork and continue to microwave for an additional 15-45 seconds until eggs are almost set.
Now, sprinkle with one tablespoon cheese and fold in half. Place cooked omelet on a plate and top with remaining one tablespoon of cheese.
Season your eggs with a dash of salt and freshly ground black pepper or perhaps a whisper of cayenne if you like a little kick!
Enjoy with fruit and/or toast!
Shopping at our neighborhood Albertsons gives us the ability to plan healthy and delicious meals for our family like this one. We love our local store. The people, parking, cleanliness, and attention to detail are all reasons we keep going back.
The best part—you can maximize your savings by using the Albertsons app!
Tips for Cooking Eggs in the Microwave
- Microwave ovens vary. Cook times may need to be adjusted accordingly.
- The eggs continue to cook once they are out of the microwave. Make sure they are a little soft (not totally set) when you take them out so that you get your desired consistency.
- This recipe can easily be doubled.
- If you can’t get the eggs to fold into a nice omelet, just mix them up and you’ve got a scramble!
Other Delicious Ways to Enjoy Your Microwave Omelet
- Mexican Style – Use a Mexican blend cheese and top with chunky salsa.
- Breakfast Burrito – Wrap your cooked omelet in a whole wheat tortilla for a nice grab-n-go meal.
- Substitute bacon for the sausage.
- Veggie – Use peppers, onions, spinach or whatever vegetable you like in place of the sausage. However, cooking time may vary.
If you make this 1-Minute Sausage and Cheese Omelet or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
1-Minute Sausage and Cheese Omelet
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Darigold FIT Milk
- 2 tablespoons Cooked Sausage crumbles or 1 link cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons Darigold Cheddar Cheese or whatever cheese you like
- Spray a 2-cup microwave-safe bowl with non-stick cooking spray. Beat egg and Darigold FIT milk in a bowl until blended. Now, add sausage.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Push cooked egg to the center with a fork and continue to microwave for an additional 15-45 seconds until eggs are almost set.
- Now, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese and fold in half. Place cooked omelet on a plate and top with remaining 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Season your eggs with a dash of salt and freshly ground black pepper or perhaps a whisper of cayenne if you like a little kick!
Beyond being a nutritious food, milk is perfect in so many different recipes. In addition to this 1-Minute Sausage and Cheese Omelet, if you plan your meals, it won’t be hard to finish off a carton of Darigold FIT in no time while cooking for your hungry family.
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!