Skinny Pumpkin Dip with cream cheese is a no-bake recipe with 5 ingredients that is simple to make in under 5 minutes. It's the perfect healthy pumpkin recipe for get-togethers or snack time. Serve with apples or your favorite cookies.
If you're looking for something lighter without processed ingredients, everyone who tastes this Healthy Pumpkin Dip absolutely loves it!
Wouldn't it be awesome to serve at your Halloween party??
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Healthier Ingredients: Skinny Pumpkin Dip contains healthier ingredients like reduced-fat cream cheese instead of heavy cream or regular cream cheese.
- Caters to Dietary Restrictions: This fall dip recipe can be adapted to accommodate dietary restrictions, such as low-sugar, low-carb, dairy-free, or gluten-free diets.
- Enjoyment Without Guilt: You can indulge in the flavors of pumpkin without feeling guilty about the calorie or fat content, making it a guilt-free dessert option.
- Low-fat Cream Cheese - Creamy Philadelphia Low-Fat Cream Cheese is the base of the recipe and our favorite brand to use. It's often called Neufchatel Cream Cheese.
- Brown Sugar - for a little added sweetness, light or dark brown sugar will do.
- Canned Pumpkin Puree - use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. Libby's brand is one of our favorites.
- Real Maple Syrup - this gives the recipe a nice flavor and keeps the ingredients all-natural.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - you can make your own pumpkin pie spice or use cinnamon and nutmeg.
And, of course, fresh apples or other fun dippers! (See below)
- You can substitute confectioner sugar or coconut sugar for brown sugar.
- Replace the cream cheese with plain Greek yogurt (non-fat).
- You can substitute cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice for the pumpkin pie spice.
- DAIRY-FREE: you can make a dairy-free version of skinny pumpkin dip by using dairy-free cream cheese, such as a plant-based cream cheese substitute, and dairy-free yogurt, such as almond or coconut yogurt.
How to Make Pumpkin Dip (that tastes like pumpkin pie!)
It's so simple to make this Pumpkin Pie Dip with cream cheese. It can be done in about 5 minutes without a mixer if you want. You may even have all these ingredients in your pantry.
STEP 1: First, place all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
STEP 2: Next, in a large bowl, either with a whisk, stand mixer, or hand mixer, mix ingredients until thoroughly combined!
For best results, refrigerate your dip for 30 minutes before serving.
Tip: Before you make the recipe, take your cream cheese out of the refrigerator to soften.
This recipe for Pumpkin Pie Dip is way better and healthier than processed junk food!
What to Eat with Pumpkin Dip
This Pumpkin Dip recipe goes so well with crisp sliced apples, but there are so many things you can dip in, and you'll love the flavor!
Fresh apple slices dip nicely, but if you want to use something sweeter for dipping, try:
- Graham Crackers
- Nilla Wafers (vanilla wafers)
- Ginger Snaps Cookies
- French Toast Sticks
Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip also makes a great topper. Try it on bagels and toast!
Expert Tips & Tricks
- Remember to use pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling, in the recipe.
- It's best to take your low-fat cream cheese out of the fridge ahead of time so it gets to room temperature when you're ready to make the dip.
- For convenience, you can easily double this recipe for a larger crowd.
- You can also use a food processor to mix your ingredients.
How To Store
This healthy dip is an excellent make-ahead recipe. Keeps in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week.
Another fun thing about this recipe is that if you stick it in the freezer for 30-60 minutes, it turns into a frozen pumpkin treat!
How to Make Fluffy Pumpkin Dip
If you want a fluffier version of this dip (and a little less healthy 🙂 ), you can follow the main recipe and add a ½ tub of softened Cool Whip whipped topping when mixing all the ingredients.
Yes, you can freeze pumpkin dip in an airtight container for 2 months. Here are some tips for freezing cream cheese.
Yes, you can prepare skinny pumpkin dip in advance and refrigerate it. It often tastes even better after chilling for a few hours, as the flavors meld together.
Freezing Pumpkin Dip is not recommended as the texture of the dip may change when thawed.
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes:
Love this Skinny Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip recipe? Please leave a 5 star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below ⬇️ and/or a review in the comment section further down.
Skinny Pumpkin Dip Recipe
- whisk (or mixer)
- ¾ cup 6 oz ⅓ less fat cream cheese (room temperature)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons real maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice (or ground cinnamon and nutmeg)
- 2-3 apples (sliced or cookies of choice)
- Place all ingredients beside apples in a medium bowl, and beat with a whisk or hand mixer at medium speed until well combined.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Serve with apples, graham crackers, or cookies of choice.
- MAKE-AHEAD: You can make this recipe up to a few days ahead and just give it a stir when ready to use.
- Use pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling, in the recipe.
- It's best to take your low-fat cream cheese out of the fridge beforehand so it gets to room temperature when you're ready to make the dip.
- For convenience, you can easily double for a larger crowd.
- This recipe keeps in the refrigerator for about a week.