This No-bake Caramel Apple Cheesecake Trifle is the best dessert recipe! It’s easy to assemble and the layers of salted caramel, cookie crumbles, sweet cinnamon apples, and creamy cheesecake are rich and delicious.
Table of Contents
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Trifle Recipe
Any time of the year is perfect for a trifle – the tasty layered dessert! This Caramel Apple Cheesecake Trifle is no exception! You know I’m all about Simple Recipes and this one goes even further with its easy elegance.
With the layers of salted caramel, cookie crumbles, sweet cinnamon apples, and creamy cheesecake it pleases everyone! Trifles are one of those desserts that are not only delicious, they’re also pretty and make a great addition to parties…or just a cozy night in.
Whenever my kids see a trifle, they know there’s something good in store. They went crazy for this Chocolate Brownie Trifle the first time they saw it and this Caramel Apple Cheesecake Trifle is no different.
How To Make A Caramel Apple Cheesecake Trifle
Once you peel and chop your apples, the rest of the recipe comes together pretty quickly….believe me, that chopping is totally worth the end result!
Sautéing the apples with the brown sugar makes them tender and melt in your mouth good.
The layers wouldn’t be the same without the creamy cheesecake. Probably my favorite! Well, the apples are darn good, so I just don’t know!
If you’re planning for a party or get together, the ingredients can be prepared ahead and then assembled right before, so it’s a great make-ahead option.
We like to make these Crockpot Apples because they’re hands-off and taste amazing in this Apple Trifle Recipe.
How to Serve an Apple Trifle
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
We often choose to serve our trifles in little serving cups. However, the yield of the recipe totally depends upon the size of those serving cups. If on the small to medium side, probably about 8-10. You could also make it in one big trifle dish to serve a crowd and wow them with your culinary skills! (no need to tell them how easy it is 🙂 )
If you’ve tried this CARAMEL APPLE CHEESECAKE TRIFLE or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
This recipe was originally featured on Somewhat Simple.
Amazing Caramel Apple Cheesecake Trifle
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 peeled (cored, and chopped apples)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups caramel sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 8 oz cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- lemon zest (optional)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 45 - 50 Nilla Wafer cookies
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. In large bowl, toss apples with brown sugar, apple pie spice, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cook over medium heat until tender and the brown sugar creates a glaze, about 15 -20 minutes. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 tsp. vanilla on medium/medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Do not overbeat.
- In another medium bowl, beat cream cheese, remaining sugar and vanilla, salt and lemon zest with a mixer until just combined. Add 1/2 of the whip cream mixture and beat on medium speed until combined. Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Crush cookies into small pieces. Reserve some for garnish.
- To assemble trifle, place 2 tsps. of caramel sauce into bottom of trifle cups. Chill slightly. Sprinkle handful of cookie crumbs over caramel layer. Cover cookie bits with apple mixture. Spread cheesecake mixture over apples with back of spoon or spatula until completely covered. Pour additional caramel sauce over cheesecake mixture and chill until set. Repeat layers of cookie crumbs, apples, and cheesecake mixture. Top each cup with remaining whipped cream.
- Garnish with reserved cookie crumbs and caramel and indulge immediately!
This layered dessert is the perfect combination of taste and texture and couldn’t be better with fresh apples! we dare you…dig in!
You May Also Like: