Try these Healthy No Bake Cookies for a wholesome anytime treat! This No-Bake Cookie Recipe has no refined sugar but plenty of fiber and protein and can be whipped up in minutes!
Table of Contents
Healthy No-Bake Cookies
Sometimes you need something a little sweet and chocolatey but don't want to go all out for, let's say, decadent Oreo Fudge! These little Healthy No Bake Cookies do the trick! There is no refined sugar but plenty of sweetness from a wholesome natural energy source - honey.
There are so many ways these cookies can be helpful. For instance, If you need something to throw into the kid's lunches and don't want a sugar-filled sweet, this Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Cookie is it! The kiddos think they're getting a treat, but you know they're munching on something a little more healthy and nutrient-dense.
For my kids, these are just called "Healthy Cookies," and they eat them up!
Oh, did I mention these no-bake cookies also contain delicious creamy peanut butter? So you have that chocolate/peanut butter thing going on...which is like the best combo. Ever!
How To Make Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
This recipe comes together pretty quickly in one pot. Yep, you need a medium pot, and you start adding your ingredients.
Before you start, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat and set it aside. Then, add your almond milk to your pot - I used unsweetened almond milk.
Then, cocoa powder and some chocolate morsels. Finally, add your coconut oil.
You bring these ingredients to a boil. Turn off and immediately and add your instant oats, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and finally, your honey.
Now, mix everything together, and you're ready to place your cookies on a baking sheet or silicone baking mat (this is my favorite for everything I bake) with your cookie scoop.
You can either keep them in their scoop form or flatten out the mounds to look more like a traditional cookie. It's up to you.
Tips for Making Healthy No-Bake Chocolate Cookies
- These No-Bake Cookies are best when they have a little time to chill in the fridge, but you can definitely start munching right away if you want 🙂
- If you don't want to use almond milk, you can substitute another type of milk (coconut, soy, etc.)
- Dark chocolate is fantastic in this recipe, but you can use semi-sweet if you prefer.
- Use instant oats, as old-fashioned oats can be too firm and make the cookies to chewy.
- To make these Chocolate No Bake Cookies gluten-free, use gluten-free oats.
- For us, using creamy peanut butter is best, but if you're a chunky fan, that works too!
- The cookies will keep in an airtight container (layered between sheets of wax or parchment paper) in the refrigerator for a week or more.
Video HOW-TO for Making Healthy No Bake Cookies
Tools Used to Make No Bake Cookies
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
Medium Pot - a non-stick pot is a necessity in the kitchen. I use it every day!
Silpat Baking Mat - hands down, one of the most used items in my kitchen! If you want perfect cookies (crispy edges, soft inside), this is what you need to use!
Cookie Scoop - I love the ease of use of using a cookie scoop. Evenly proportioned cookies every time! Plus, it works for anything you need to get into a cupcake pan (muffins, etc.)
We Like Hearing From You!
If you’ve tried these Healthy No Bake Cookies or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs, and what I’m up to daily!
Healthy No Bake Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup almond milk (or any other type of milk)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 cups instant oats
- ½ cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup honey
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, wax paper, or a silpat mat. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat, place your almond milk, cocoa powder, chocolate morsels, and coconut. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the instant oats, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and honey to the pot. With a spatula or wooden, spoon stir the ingredients together. Mixture will be thick.
- With a cookie scoop or spoon, drop heaping tablespoons of no bake cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet or Silpat mat. Gently flatten the mounds into a cookie shape. To allow the oats to soften and the flavors to blend, place cookies in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy!
You May Also Like: