Come home to a flavorful and delicious Crock Pot Chicken Curry. Throw all your ingredients into your slow cooker and enjoy a spice-filled dinner that pairs perfectly with rice!
Easy Crock Pot Chicken Curry
There’s nothing easier than throwing a few simple ingredients in your crock pot in the morning and coming home to a spice filled dinner! This Crock Pot Chicken Curry is just the way to do that.
Healthy Crock Pot Recipes are my thing!!
Even the kids think this a great tasting meal, especially if there’s naan involved. You know, that deliciously soft and pillowy Indian-style flatbread. I love exposing the kids to different flavors and cultures and this recipe helps me do that.
There’s something so satisfying about the flavor of the curry that simmers all day – and the way it thickens into a nice sauce that pairs perfectly with brown or jasmine rice.
I’ve also been crushing on white sweet potatoes, and this recipe has them, too!
Can you Make Chicken Curry in your Slow Cooker?
Yes! The making of the chicken curry is easy. Place your ingredient in the crock pot, then stir. Then, the chicken, potatoes, onions, and spices cook throughout the day, and the finished dish is amazing!
It took a few tries, but now everyone in the family loves Chicken Curry over rice. (Tip: have them try it more than once to get their taste bud used to it.)
I don’t know about you, but finding recipes that the whole family will eat can be a challenge. Making Healthy Crock Pot Recipes is even harder!!
So, bingo! I’ve added another one to my meal plan!
Slow Cooker Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk
So, you can definitely make Slow Cooker Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk. The coconut milk does separate while cooking, but if you mix it and then let it sit for about 20 minutes once it’s finished cooking, it thickens back up nicely.
Thus, creating that wonderful sauce I can’t say enough about! It’s great the next day, too!
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken Curry
I always like a good curry recipe, so I’m extremely glad I’ve come up with one that works in the crock pot. It’s one of those go-to recipes that never fails.
Place all your spices, plus coconut milk, chicken stock, and fresh garlic in your crock pot. Stir until combined.
Next, place your chicken in the crock pot as well as sweet potatoes and onions. Then, stir to coat with sauce. Now, add the butter.
Cover your slow cooker and set on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
During the last 30 minutes of cooking, remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred it with two forks. Place chicken back into the crock pot for remaining cooking time.
Finally, turn off your crock pot, mix ingredients, and let rest for about 20 minutes before serving. This will help thicken the sauce.
Serve over rice and a side of naan. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
Tips for Making Crock Pot Chicken Curry
- We prefer chicken thighs in this recipe because they’re so juicy, but you could also use chicken breast.
- If you are a curry fan, up the curry to 4 tablespoons.
- I like the flavor of white sweet potatoes, but you can use traditional sweet potatoes as well.
- We love putting this Chicken Curry over brown of Jasmine rice. However, you could certainly eat it without as it has the sweet potatoes.
- The cilantro garnish is completely optional.
- For reference, this recipe is made in a 6-quart crock pot.
Supplies Used to Make Chicken Curry
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
6-quart Crock Pot – one of the best investments in the kitchen for its ease and convenience.
If you’ve tried this Crock Pot Chicken Curry or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Crock Pot Chicken Curry
- 2 - 2 1/2 pounds chicken thighs or breasts
- 3 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 red pepper flakes optional
- 1 15- oz can coconut milk lite or full fat
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 Tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 4 cups white sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet onion cut into 1-inch pieces
- Rice cooked
- Cilantro chopped (optional)
- Place all your spices, plus coconut milk, chicken stock, and fresh garlic in your crock pot. Stir until combined.
- Place your chicken in the crock pot as well as sweet potatoes and onions. Stir to coat with sauce. Now, add the butter.
- Cover your slow cooker and set on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking, remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred it with two forks. Place chicken back into the crock pot for remaining cooking time.
- Turn off your crock pot, mix ingredients, and let rest for about 20 minutes before serving. This will help thicken the sauce.
- Serve over rice and a side of naan.
- Use chicken thighs or breast in this recipe.
- Letting the recipe rest for at least 20 minutes after cooking with help thicken the sauce.
More Crock Pot Recipes You’ll Love
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!