Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff is a delicious comfort food recipe. It’s hearty and satisfying with tender beef, onions, mushrooms, and garlic that simmers all day! With 5-minutes of prep time and quick cleanup, it’s a must-make recipe!
Table of Contents
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Oh, how we love our crockpot!
There is no shortage of tasty crockpot recipes to satisfy everyone in the family, especially this time of year. This Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff is one of them! Hearty, satisfying, and flavorful with tender beef, mushrooms, onions, and garlic.
With no process ingredients, we like to think of this as a Healthy Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff!
These simple ingredients product incredible flavor!
- Beef stew meat – cut into chunks
- Low-sodium beef broth
- White mushrooms – coarsely chopped or sliced
- Onion – coarsely chopped
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic cloves – minced
- Dijon mustard – for flavor and depth
- Ground black pepper
- Dried parsley
- Dried thyme
- Egg noodles – cooked in salted water according to package directions
- Sour cream – light or regular
How to Make Crockpot Beef Stroganoff – Step By Step
This recipe couldn’t get much easier. Seriously, 5-minutes of prep time!
Step 1 – Add Beef to Crock
First, take your cut stew meat, place it in your crockpot, and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
Step 2 – Add Remaining Ingredients
Next, add your beef broth, mushrooms, onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, Dijon mustard, parsley, and thyme.
Then, mix it together well.
Step 3 – Cook
Cook your Beef Stroganoff on low 8-9 hours or high 4-5 hours. We prefer cooking the beef on low to make sure it gets nice and tender.
Tip: When the Stroganoff is almost done cooking, boil your pasta noodles.
Step 4 – Add Noodles & Sour Cream
Finally, add your cooked and drained noodles to the crockpot as well as sour cream. Mix it all up. Then, let it simmer for another 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
Set the table and enjoy it!!
What Is the Best Cut of Meat to Use for Beef Stroganoff?
For slow cooker beef stroganoff, use stew meat (or a value cut like a chuck roast). The meat becomes very tender as it cooks low and slow.
Tip: Don’t use a lean cut of beef. It will dry out and become tough while cooking.
For classic stove-top Beef Stroganoff, It’s best to use a tender cut of beef, like tenderloin or sirloin, and cook it quickly, so you don’t overcook it.
Tips, Tricks & Substitutions
- To boost this dish’s flavor, you can quickly sear the exterior of the stew meat before adding it to the slow cooker.
- You can use regular egg noodles, or for a healthier version, whole wheat egg noodles.
- To make the prep time go even quicker, buy pre-cut mushrooms.
- If you need the recipe to be gluten-free, substitute gluten-free noodles.
- Regular or light sour cream works in slow cooker beef stroganoff. You can also substitute cream cheese in the recipe.
- This dish is even better the next day for lunch or leftover dinner!
What To Serve With It
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff is substantial on its own, but it perfectly pairs with Roasted Brussels Sprouts or a side salad.
How To Store
You can store the recipe in an airtight container in the refrigerator to up to 2 days.
Alternatively, this stroganoff recipe is freezable. Store it in an airtight container in your freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat on the stove-top, stirring well to prevent it from curdling.
FREEZER MEAL: To make Beef Stroganoff a freezer meal, place all the ingredients besides the mushrooms, sour cream, and egg noodles in an airtight container. You can freeze this for up to 3 months.
To use, thaw the ingredients in the refrigerator overnight and place them and fresh mushrooms in the crockpot and cook per the instructions. You will add the noodles and sour cream at the end.
More Beef Recipes
Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches – the best way to enjoy a french dip sandwich and dipping sauce!
Slow Cooker Pizza Casserole – made with ground beef and pepperoni, this casserole NEVER disappoints!
Slow Cooker Beef Teriyaki Meatballs – an easy recipe with easy homemade teriyaki sauce.
Beef Enchilada Casserole – Mexican night just got easier and tastier with this recipe!
We Love Hearing How It Goes!
If you try this Crockpot Beef Stroganoff Recipe or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below, we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
This recipe originally appeared on The Slow Roasted Italian.
Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb. cut beef stew meat
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 2 cups about 6 oz. coarsely chopped white mushrooms
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard (heaping)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 12 oz package egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream (light or regular)
- Place beef in a 6-quart crockpot, add salt and pepper. Then add beef broth, mushrooms, onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, Dijon mustard, parsley, and thyme. Mix well.
- Cook on low 8-9 hours, or high 4-5 hours. I prefer cooking the beef on low to make sure it's nice and tender.
- Cook egg noodles according to the package directions.
- Add the cooked and drained noodles to the crockpot as well as sour cream. Mix well. Let simmer for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- You can use regular egg noodles, or for a healthier version, whole wheat.
- To make the prep go even quicker, buy pre-cut mushrooms.
- If you need the recipe gluten-free, substitute gluten-free noodles.
This recipe was originally published on Suburban Simplicity on January 15, 2018. We updated it with enhanced instructions and tips on May 21, 2021.
You May Also Like: