Make mornings easy with this delicious 1-Minute Sausage and Cheese Omelet! It’s packed with protein and is so easy to make! A wonderful paleo or keto recipe.
Table of Contents
1-Minute Sausage and Cheese Omelet
Mornings can be rushed and a little stressful. But what if they weren’t? All you need is a minute, and you can cook one delicious breakfast that’s packed with protein and fuels you to conquer your day!
How yummy does a 1-Minute Sausage and Cheese Omelet sound!
Fresh eggs, milk, cheese, and sausage cook in the microwave to simplify your morning and get you on your way.
Kids gobble up this easy omelet, too! Hummm, mornings are starting to look a lot better!
If you love eggs in the morning as much as we do, definitely try these Breakfast Bagel Pizzas!
How To Make a Sausage and Cheese Omelette in the Microwave
An omelet made in the microwave is a smart, perfectly good alternative to one made on the stovetop. Plus, less mess!
So, yes, you can totally make an omelet in the microwave. This is a great mom hack!
There are a few simple ingredients to make a tasty microwave omelet that ensures a perfect recipe.
- Cooked Sausage – crumbles or links cut into small pieces.
- Milk – regular or low fat
- Cheddar Cheese – or whatever cheese you like.
So, let’s make breakfast!
First, grab a 2-cup microwave-safe bowl and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Beat (1) egg and (1 tablespoon) milk in a bowl until blended. Now, add your sausage (1 link).
The milk is essential to keeping your egg omelet soft and airy.
Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Push cooked egg to the center with a fork and continue to microwave for an additional 15-45 seconds until eggs are almost set.
Now, sprinkle with one tablespoon cheese and fold in half. Place cooked omelet on a plate and top with the remaining one tablespoon of cheese.
Season your eggs with a dash of salt and freshly ground black pepper or perhaps a whisper of cayenne if you like a little kick!
Serving Suggestion: Enjoy with fresh fruit and/or toast!
How Kids Can Help
Get the kiddos in the kitchen and have them mix up the eggs in a bowl! In addition, ff you’re making toast have them watch for it to pop up.
Tips for Cooking Eggs in the Microwave
- Microwave ovens vary. Cook times may need to be adjusted accordingly.
- The eggs continue to cook once they are out of the microwave. Make sure they are a little soft (not totally set) when you take them out so that you get your desired consistency.
- This recipe can easily be doubled.
- If you can’t get the eggs to fold into a nice omelet, just mix them up and you’ve got a scramble!
Other Delicious Ways to Enjoy Your Microwave Omelet
- Mexican Style – Use a Mexican blend cheese and top with chunky salsa.
- Breakfast Burrito – Wrap your cooked omelet in a whole wheat tortilla for a nice grab-n-go meal.
- Substitute bacon for the sausage.
- Veggie – Use peppers, onions, spinach, or whatever vegetable you like in place of the sausage. However, cooking time may vary.
More Delicious and Easy Breakfast Recipes
We Love to Hear From You
If you try this 1-Minute Omelet Recipe or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below, we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
1-Minute Sausage and Cheese Omelet
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Darigold FIT Milk
- 2 tablespoons Cooked Sausage (crumbles or 1 link cut into small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons Darigold Cheddar Cheese (or whatever cheese you like)
- Spray a 2-cup microwave-safe bowl with non-stick cooking spray. Beat egg and Darigold FIT milk in a bowl until blended. Now, add sausage.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Push cooked egg to the center with a fork and continue to microwave for an additional 15-45 seconds until eggs are almost set.
- Now, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese and fold in half. Place cooked omelet on a plate and top with remaining 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Season your eggs with a dash of salt and freshly ground black pepper or perhaps a whisper of cayenne if you like a little kick!
Beyond being a nutritious food, milk is perfect in so many different recipes!