A Summer Bucket List of 50 fun things to do with kids this summer. Plus a FREE printable. Great ideas to create memories and keep kids entertained during the summer months.
Summer Bucket List for Kids
Summer is finally here! Sun filled mornings. Lazy afternoons. Endless sleepovers. The kids have eagerly been awaiting its arrival for a while now. Especially my son, who would rather be outside playing sports than sitting in a classroom.
Every year the kids and I put together a Summer Bucket List of all the fun and interesting things we want to do over the summer months. When they were little, they really enjoyed crossing the items off one by one. Now that they’re older, it’s still exciting creating the list and anticipating all the fun things, but I am the one who gets to cross them off.
Between family vacations, camps and all the other activities that pop up during the summer, we don’t usually get to them all, but we sure enjoy trying. Plus, it keeps the kids from being bored!
Here’s our Summer Bucket List (in no particular order)
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
- Play sports
- Movies (They have $1 movies at the local theater)
- Visit family
- Berry picking (We can already cross off strawberry picking. Blueberry and blackberry still to come!)
- Typing (Yep, gotta keep those skills up!)
- Books on tape
- Library (The kids participate in the library reading program, which helps them track what and how much they’re reading)
- Road Trip (We have a 10 day Griswold type vacation planned. Wish us luck. Grand Canyon or bust!)
- Yes Day (a day full of cheer and good fun when I have to say “yes” to everything. Cue the ice cream for breakfast question 🙂
- Opposite Day (Everything you say means the opposite. So fun for the kids)
- Water gun fight
- Bike ride
- Play xBox (finally school is over and they can play!)
- Have lots of playtime with friends
- Play dodgeball
- Go to a theme park (see previously mentioned road trip.)
- No day
- Play soccer
- Lemonade stand
- Make homemade ice cream
- Watch Fireworks
- Cookie/cupcake wars (the kids team up and create sugary treats and try to beat their siblings in a taste test. Presentation counts too!)
- Pool time
- Swimming at the Lake
- Water balloons (We just purchased a zillion little water balloons on Amazon, they should be set for summer. It’s the one thing all four kids agree on and play together for hours.)
Ears pierced (What?? How did this one get on here?? I think my 10 year old daughter is pushing for this one. We’ll see 🙂
Printable Summer Bucket List for Kids
Here’s an awesome free printable summer bucket list of 5o fun things you can do with your kids this summer. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to stop and enjoy the sweet sounds and smells of the summer, it’s over before we know it!
You May Also Like These Kid Friendly Ideas:
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!