This is one of the easiest and best tasting Chicken Enchilada Verde Soup recipes around! A bowl of this has so much flavor you’ll think it’s been simmering for hours – but only takes 30 minutes! Dinner couldn’t be simpler.
Easy Chicken Enchilada Verde Soup
My husband is easy to please. Make him a tasty soup – especially a Chicken Enchilada Soup – and he’s a happy man. I have tried several enchilada soup recipes over the years. The one I make with my Vitamix (yes, you can cook soup in a blender), is good, but I like this recipe better because it tastes so authentic.
The combination of salsa verde and the corn chips gives it a thick, rich flavor that just WOWS!
Tips for Making the Best Chicken Enchilada Soup
- To save time, you can use a store-bought roasted chicken or you can use chicken you cook at home.
- Garnish your Chicken Enchilada Verde Soup with avocado and cheese, and if you want, a few extra chips, a lime wedge and cilantro.
- This soup also good with a little dollop of sour cream, but I’m a big fan of the tangy stuff, so it’s totally optional for you!
If you’ve tried this CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups shredded chicken
- 4 cups chicken broth preferably unsalted
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 can 15 oz black or pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 avocado sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat. Add onions and cook 3-4 minutes until softened. Stir in garlic and cook one minute more.
- Add broth, salsa verde, beans, chicken, and tortilla chips into the pot.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro, lime juice and salt.
- Serve and enjoy!
One of my favorite dinner hacks is using store bought rotisserie chicken. I’m not sure I could go a week without one 🙂 Using roasted chicken for this recipe really makes this soup come together easily and taste so good.
This is everything you look for in a recipe – easy, quick, delicious and reheatable. It tastes exactly like an enchilada. You could even add some hot peppers if you wanted a little kick.
Another quick and easy dinner recipe that our family loves is this Tater Tot Casserole. It pleases everyone at the table. With a family of 6, that’s saying something!
Enjoy a quick and delicious dinner! If your husband is like mine, he’ll thank you.
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!