Your family will love this incredible Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas recipe! A flavorful and healthy dish that’s on the table in less than 30 minutes! And cleanup is even faster!
Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Pull out your baking pan because this easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas recipe is a winner the whole family will enjoy! I’m always on the look out for recipes that taste great and answer the question “what’s for dinner” with a happy face from all who dare to ask 🙂
We love Mexican food so this recipe or Chicken Enchilada Verde Soup usually gets the household excited!
What could be easier than a one-pan oven chicken fajita dinner that’s super flavorful, low fat, low cal, and even Whole30 if you want it to be? Sign me up! Perfectly seasoned juicy chicken, peppers, and caramelized onions nestled in soft tortillas and topped with a squeeze of fresh lime and a dollop of sour cream. Delish!
One Pan Oven Chicken Dinner
Call me a lazy cook, but the fewer dishes I have to clean up and wash after dinner the better. Yes, the kids help, but less dishes means I can enjoy the rest of the evening that much faster. You know, it’s important to see what those housewives have been up to 🙂
So, like I said, it’s just about as easy as pulling out your baking sheet. First you need to mix your spices and slice your chicken, peppers and onions, but the rest of the recipe comes together right in your pan. Did I mention, ONE PAN CLEAN UP?
After you place the chicken and veggies on the sheet pan, season it with your Mexican spices and a bit of oil and you’re ready to pop in in the oven and bake it for about 20 minutes, give or take. With about 5 minutes left, wrap your tortillas in foil and place them in the over with your pan. See this is easy!
Once the meat, peppers and onion are out of the oven, squeeze some fresh lime over the pan. Mmmm, it should smell incredibly appetizing at this point. Place your fajitas in one of the warm tortillas and top it with a dollop of sour cream or salsa, a sprinkle of cheese, and a bit of cilantro. If you’re a fan. I learned this past weekend, some people think cilantro tastes like soap. Who knew!
Tips for Making Sheet Pan Fajitas
- You can spice up your fajitas by using a bit of red chili pepper.
- Chicken breast or thighs work in the recipe.
- This recipe would also be delicious with steak or shrimp.
- This dish makes a great leftover lunch the next day!
Other Chicken Dinner Ideas
- White Chicken Lasagna Soup
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Verde Soup
- One Pot Mexican Chicken Veggie and Rice Casserole
- Easy Chicken Soup
If you’ve tried these Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- dash of red chili pepper optional
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast sliced into thin strips (thighs will also work)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro optional
- 8 corn tortillas
- optional toppings: sour cream salsa, avocado and cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix spices together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place sliced peppers and onions on baking sheet, top with sliced chicken. Sprinkle spice mixture and garlic on chicken. Top all ingredients with olive oil and mix until well combined. Spread evenly on the pan. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Place tortillas wrapped in foil in the oven the last 5 minutes of cooking to heat through. Once the chicken and peppers are out of the oven, drizzle lime juice over the top and mix together. Sprinkle on cilantro and serve in tortillas with your favorite toppings.
For your convenience, this post contains affiliate links which means I may make a small commission if you make a purchase. This is at no additional cost to you. Full Disclosure policy here.
Kitchen Supplies Used to Make This Recipe
Now that you have your answer to “what’s for dinner”, grab your baking sheet and pop your Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas in the oven because Netflix (or the housewives) are waiting!
You May Also Like These Easy Dinner Ideas:
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!