This easy DIY Sugar Cookie Sugar Scrub smells amazing and gives you naturally soft skin. It also makes a wonderful gift. FREE printable gift tags included!
DIY Sugar Cookie Sugar Scrub
There’s something so comforting about the smell of fresh baked cookies. Now, you can have that cozy feeling, as well as soft skin, when you make Sugar Cookie Sugar Scrub!
The best part, handmade sugar scrubs are a lot less expensive and often more natural than store bought varieties. Have you ever read the ingredient list?? Nothing that you can’t pronounce here. You may even have the ingredients in your pantry already!
If you have a jar, you can most definitely make this sugar scrub recipe! I prefer to use glass jars (this is a great one) with a glass lid. Metal lids can absolutely be used, but tend to rust over time.
So let’s get making this cookie dough sugar scrub!
Supplies for Making a Sugar Scrub
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
Note: The tags appear a little purplish in the photos (not sure why). They are actually a light pink as shown below.
Ingredients for Sugar Cookie Sugar Scrub
1 cup sugar (using an organic one like this works well)
1/2 cup oil (almond, olive or coconut work best)
1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil (optional – it helps preserve your scrub and provides a little extra softening)
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
How to Make A Sugar Scrub
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. You can add more or less oil to your liking.
- Store in an air tight container. Since this recipe doesn’t contain any preservatives, it’s best if it’s used within a month or two.
Note: Be careful if using the scrub in the shower. The oil can make things slippery.
How to Use Your Sugar Cookie Sugar Scrub
- Scoop a small amount of the Sugar Cookie Sugar Scrub in your hands with a spoon.
- Scrub all over your hands or feet – or wherever you’d like a little extra softness.
- Allow to sit on your on your skin for 3-4 minutes. Enjoy this time to rest and relax.
- Rinse well and then pat dry with a soft towel.
If you want to know the benefits of using a sugar scrub vs a salt scrub, I’ve detailed them as well as when to use each one for best results.
If you want the darling tag to go with your Sugar Cookie Sugar Scrub, click here.
What’s your favorite DIY beauty product?
You May Also Like:
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!