This easy and oh, so yummy DIY Sugar Cookie Sugar Scrub smells amazing and gives you naturally soft skin. It takes 5-minutes to make and is also a wonderful gift idea. FREE printable gift tags included!
There's something so comforting about the smell of fresh-baked cookies.
Now, you can have that cozy feeling, as well as soft skin, when you make Sugar Cookie Sugar Scrub! What is a Sugar Cookie Scrub? It's like cookie dough in a jar!
The best part, handmade Sugar Scrub Recipes are a lot less expensive and often more natural than store-bought varieties.
Have you ever read the ingredient list?? Nothing that you can't pronounce here. You may even have the ingredients in your pantry right now!
If you have a jar, you can most definitely make this sugar scrub recipe! We prefer to use glass jars (this is a great one) with a glass lid. Metal lids can absolutely be used but tend to rust over time.
This scrub makes a wonderful Christmas gift, so grab a couple of extra jars and make someone feel special with a gift!
Oh, how we love the exfoliation! Have you ever wondered what the benefits of using a sugar scrub are?
So let's get making this cookie dough sugar scrub!
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
Note: The tags appear a little purplish in the photos (not sure why). They are actually light pink, as shown below.
1 cup sugar (using an organic one like this works well)
½ cup oil (almond oil, olive oil, or coconut oil work best)
½ teaspoon vitamin E oil (optional – it helps naturally preserve your scrub and provides a little extra softening)
1 tablespoon real vanilla extract
½ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
Note: Yes, you can use vanilla extra in a sugar scrub.
Do You Use a Sugar Scrub Before or After Soap?
You should use soap, shower gel, or body wash before applying your homemade sugar scrub. This way, your skin is clean and ready for the scrub to exfoliate.
DIY Sugar Cookie Sugar Scrub
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. You can add more or less oil to your liking.
- Store in an air tight container. Since this recipe doesn’t contain any preservatives, it’s best if it’s used within a month or two.
How to Make A Sugar Scrub
- Place all your ingredients in a bowl and mix them. You can add more or less oil to your liking.
- Store in an airtight container. Since this recipe doesn’t contain any chemical preservatives, it’s best if it’s used within a month or two.
Note: Be careful if using the scrub in the shower. The oil can make things slippery when wet.
How to Use Your Cookie Dough Sugar Scrub
If you make this scrub with white sugar, it makes a wonderful face scrub!
- Scoop a small amount of the Homemade Sugar Scrub in your hands with a spoon.
- Scrub all over your hands or feet – or wherever you’d like a little extra softness.
- Allow the beautiful scrub to sit on your skin for 3-4 minutes. Enjoy this time to rest and relax.
- Rinse well and then pat dry with a soft towel.
If you want to know the benefits of using a sugar scrub vs. a salt scrub, we've detailed them as well as when to use each one for the best results.
If you want the darling tag to go with your Sugar Cookie Sugar Scrub, click here.
What’s your favorite DIY beauty product?
You May Also Like: