Crockpot Pizza Casserole is an easy weeknight dinner everyone LOVES! Simple and delicious every time. It’s even great leftover for lunch the next day!
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
Crockpot Pizza Casserole Everyone Loves!
Looking for a simple family-friendly dinner recipe that doesn’t disappoint? Great! I’ve got ya covered. I certainly don’t have time to try a million recipes hoping one will work for everybody’s tastebuds, and I’m sure you don’t either! I serve this yummy Tater Tot Casserole all the time. However, the all-time favorite is this Crockpot Pizza Casserole. It’s a winner for everyone in our house and I’m sure it will be in yours too!
With the crowd-pleasing taste of pizza and the ease of your crockpot, it’s the perfect recipe for busy weeknights. A few of my kids are pizza addicts. They would eat it several times a week if I’d let them…heck I would too! This recipe satisfies their pizza craving, and since I throw in whole wheat noodles and veggies, it a lot healthier – I just don’t tell them 🙂
This literally is one of the easiest recipes. Not only do I make it on busy nights, I take it to potluck get-togethers because everyone loves it!
How to Make Slow Cooker Pizza Casserole
Ok, lets get the crockpot (or slow cooker) out and get started! Before you brown the meat, put a pot of water on to boil for the pasta. Follow the instruction for the pasta, but slightly undercook it for best results in the crockpot. While the pasta is cooking, brown and drain the meat.
Spray the crockpot with non-stick cooking spray and place all ingredients in the crockpot except 1/3 of the cheese and mix well.
Top with remaining cheese and set it to cook for 3 – 4 hours. My crockpot works well, so 3 hours was plenty.
This is the crockpot I use – it’s held up year after year.
Tips for Cooking Crockpot Pizza Pasta
- Use short but sturdy pasta like ziti, rigatoni or penne.
- I don’t recommend cooking this recipe on high as it may burn.
- Regular pasta can be substituted for the whole wheat if that’s what your family prefers.
- You can add some shredded veggies like carrot or zucchini for an added nutrition boost.
- Store any leftover (if there is any) in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
- This Crockpot Pizza Casserole is wonderful leftover for lunch the next day.
If you’ve tried this Crockpot Pizza Casserole or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Crockpot Pizza Casserole
- 1/2 pound of ground Italian sausage browned and drained
- 1 pound of ground beef browned and drained
- 1/2 large white onion diced
- 8 ounce box of short whole wheat pasta (rigatoni, penne or ziti), undercooked slightly
- 2 (14 ounce) jars of marinara sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small zucchini shredded (optional)
- 8 ounce package of sliced pepperoni placed between paper towels and microwaved for a few seconds to remove extra grease
- 16 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Spray the inside of a 4 - 6 quart Crock-Pot with non-stick spray.
- Mix all ingredients in the crockpot except for 1/3 of the cheese.
- Place remaining cheese on top of all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 - 4 hours. If cooked longer than 4 hours or on high, it may burn (THREE hours works perfectly fine in my crockpot)
Serve with a green salad and dinner is done! Enjoy!
You May Also Like:
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!