Bunny Cupcakes with a BUTTERFINGER® Surprise Inside are what you need to make this Easter! Adorable, easy and fun and the perfect dessert idea for any spring party or gathering. Plus, there’s a yummy surprise waiting inside!
This post has been sponsored by BUTTERFINGER®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Table of Contents
Bunny Cupcakes with a BUTTERFINGER® Surprise Inside!
Hippity Hop! Easter is on its way! My family absolutely loves cute Easter treats! Not only do they love helping make them, but they also love eating them!! In years past we’ve made Easter Bark and Bunny Chow. This year, the treat making includes these eggcellent Surprise Inside BUTTERFINGER® Bunny Cupcakes! ????
Yep, you heard right. There’s an extra special surprise inside made out of – you guessed it – BUTTERFINGER®. Who doesn’t love the peanut-buttery crunch of BUTTERFINGER®? Well, just in time for Easter BUTTERFINGER® NestEggs are available. BUTTERFINGER® NestEggs are individually wrapped egg-shaped milk chocolates with crispety, crunchety BUTTERFINGER® pieces! Is your mouth watering? You might want to run out and grab a bag or two right now!
They’re sooo good and bite-sized!
I could go on-and-on about my love affair with BUTTERFINGER® (my favorite candy bar since I was a kid – I’d spend my pocket money on one every chance I got), but we need to talk about these adorable bunny cupcakes!!
These cute little bunny faces get me every time!
Bunny Cupcake Making Supplies
- BUTTERFINGER® NestEggs
- Pink candy for noses
- Candy eyeballs
- Pink Sprinkles
How To Make Bunny Cupcakes
No matter how you get there, you need a batch of cupcakes. Baked from scratch or a box, either one will do.
Once your cupcakes are cooled, it’s time to hollow out the center for the ‘surprise’.
Place a BUTTERFINGER® NestEgg inside – I found one to one and a half Eggs fits nicely. I also like to add a few sprinkles so it’s a really sweet surprise because that’s how I roll, but that’s optional.
Now, it’s time to frost. Again, store-bought or homemade frosting works well, but make sure it’s white and fluffy so your bunnies look like bunnies! And to have room for the bunny face, make sure you pile it nice and high.
Ok, you’re ready for the super cute ears. Click here to see how to make the perfect marshmallow bunny ears. You’ll need two ears for each cupcake, so if you bake a batch of 24 cupcakes, that’s 48 ears! By the way, kids are great at ear making.
Finally, once the ears are placed on top of the frosting, you need a rosy nose and some eyes. Any smallish pink candy will do for the nose. And candy eyes are easy to find at most stores nowadays.
And when you serve them, everyone will marvel at their cuteness and be delighted with the surprise they find inside!
Tips for Making Bunny Cupcakes
- While your cupcakes bake, that’s a perfect time to make your bunny ears and unwrap your BUTTERFINGER® NestEggs. Go ahead and sample a few NestEggs at this point!
- Unless eating them right away, keep your cute bunny cupcakes refrigerated until ready to serve.
Bunny Cupcakes with a Surprise Inside!
- 24 vanilla cupcakes ((homemade or semi-homemade))
- 24 ounces fluffy white frosting
- 24 candy eyeballs
- 24 small pink candies
- 1 10 ounce bag BUTTERFINGER® NestEggs
- 24 regular size marshmallows
- pink sprinkles
- To start, you need 24 baked cupcakes for this recipe. Baked from scratch or semi-homemade from a box is fine.
- Once your cupcakes are cooled, hollow out the center with a small spoon or melon baller for the ‘surprise’.
- Place a BUTTERFINGER® NestEgg inside.I found one to one and a half Eggs fits nicely. Add a few sprinkles if desired.
- Frost your cupcakes with a generous amount of frosting. Use either a frosting gun or piping bag. Place two marshmallow ears on top of the frosting. (Bunny ears are made by cutting a standard size marshmallow in half and adding pink sprinkles to the sticky side. Click here to see a tutorial on how to make the bunny ears.)
- Place a pink candy for a nose and two candy eyes above the nose to finish the bunny face.
- Wow guests and enjoy!
If you’re as big of a fan of BUTTERFINGER® as I am, then you have to check out the BUTTERFINGER® Pinterest page. So much inspiration and enough -peanut buttery crunch to get you through the rest of the year!
Hey, Don’t forget to check out these other cute Easter treats!