Bunny Cupcakes with a Surprise Inside is what you need to make this Easter! Adorable, easy, fun, and the perfect Easter dessert idea for any spring party or gathering. Plus, there’s a yummy surprise waiting inside!
Hippity Hop! Easter is on its way! Our family absolutely loves cute Easter treats!
This year, the treat-making includes these eggcellent Surprise Inside Bunny Cupcakes!
Yep, you heard right.
There’s an extra special surprise inside made out of – you guessed it – BUTTERFINGER®. They’re sooo good and bite-sized!
You can use any delicious Easter candy to stuff your cupcakes, though. Think M&Ms or jelly beans.
Related: Easter Basket Ideas for Kids
Table of Contents
Bunny Cupcake Making Supplies
- Cupcakes – we like vanilla for this recipe
- White Frosting – extra fully work best
- Chocolate candy eggs – or any Easter candy
- Pink candy for noses – small in size
- Candy eyeballs – sold at most grocery and big box stores in the baking section
- Marshmallows – regular size
- Pink Sprinkles – or any easter-themed sprinkles
How To Make Bunny Cupcakes
No matter how you get there, you need a batch of cupcakes. Baked from scratch or a box, either one will do.
Once your cupcakes are cooled, it’s time to hollow out the center for the ‘surprise. We did this with a melon baller, but a spoon will also work..’
Now, place a chocolate candy egg inside. We fin one to one, and a half Eggs fit nicely. We also like to add a few sprinkles, so it’s a delightful surprise because that’s how we roll, but that’s optional.
Now, it’s time to frost.
Again, store-bought or homemade frosting works well, but make sure it’s white and fluffy, so your bunnies look like bunnies! And to have room for the bunny face, make sure you pile it nice and high.
Ok, you’re ready for the super cute ears. You’ll need two ears for each cupcake, so if you bake a batch of 24 cupcakes, that’s 48 ears! Click here to see how to make the perfect marshmallow bunny ears.
By the way, kids are great at ear-making.
Finally, once the ears are placed on top of the frosting, you need a rosy nose and some eyes.
Any smallish pink candy will do for the nose. And candy eyes are easy to find at most stores nowadays.
And when you serve these Easter cupcakes, everyone will marvel at their cuteness and be delighted with the surprise they find inside!
Tips for Making Bunny Cupcakes
- While your cupcakes bake, that’s a perfect time to make your bunny ears and unwrap your chocolate candy eggs. Go ahead and sample a few chocolates at this point!
- Unless eating them right away, keep your cute bunny cupcakes refrigerated until ready to serve.
Bunny Cupcakes with a Surprise Inside Recipe
- Melon Baller
- kitchen scissors
- Piping bag
- 24 vanilla cupcakes ((homemade or semi-homemade))
- 24 ounces fluffy white frosting
- 24 candy eyeballs
- 24 small pink candies
- 1 10 ounce bag Chocolate candy eggs (or other Easter candy)
- 24 regular size marshmallows
- pink sprinkles
- To start, you need 24 baked cupcakes for this recipe. Baked from scratch or semi-homemade from a box is fine.
- Once your cupcakes are cooled, hollow out the center with a small spoon or melon baller for the ‘surprise.’
- Place a candy egg inside. We find one to one and a half Eggs fit nicely. Add a few sprinkles if desired.
- Frost your cupcakes with a generous amount of frosting. Use either a frosting gun or piping bag. Place two marshmallow ears on top of the frosting. (Bunny ears are made by cutting a standard size marshmallow in half and adding pink sprinkles to the sticky side. Click here to see a tutorial on how to make the bunny ears.)
- Place a pink candy for a nose and two candy eyes above the nose to finish the bunny face.
- Wow guests and enjoy!
Hey, Don’t forget to check out these other cute Easter treats!