This 5-minute Healthy Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing is a flavorful way to dress your salads or rice bowls. It's creamy, dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo-friendly, keto, and heart-healthy! Oh, it's also Whole30!
You will be obsessed once you taste this quick & easy Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing!
Why is This Recipe Healthy?
- Cilantro is a pretty healthy green leafy little herb! Its deep-green leaves possess good amounts of antioxidants, essential oils, vitamins, and dietary fiber, which may reduce the dreaded "bad cholesterol." A bonus to its unique flavor.
- And Avocados, sometimes referred to as a superfood, are loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids and fiber.
So this salad dressing is doubly good for you!
All you need are six simple ingredients for cilantro lime dressing:
- Avocado Oil is the best oil to use in the recipe.
- Fresh and Ripe Avocado - one small avocado washed and peeled will do.
- Fresh Cilantro - the star of the show. Just make sure it's washed!
- Fresh Garlic - it adds a little bite. You can leave the clove whole for blending.
- Lime Juice - gives the recipe a fresh, citrusy flavor and helps it from browning.
- Salt - sea salt brings it all together!
Variations On This Dressing
Depending on your dietary constraints and what you like, here are two delicious variations!
- Creamy Greek Yogurt Lime Dressing - this version has almost a ranch-like texture to it. Add ½ cup of plain Greek yogurt with the other ingredients and blend. It's a wonderful sauce for dipping!
- Spicy Avocado Lime Dressing - kick it up a notch and add some fresh jalapeno before blending.
How to Make Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing without Yogurt
The recipe could not be easier to whip together. Like 5 minutes easy! All you need is six simple ingredients for cilantro lime dressing:
If you have a hand/immersion blender, like this blender, then you're golden (It's a kitchen staple for sure). The dressing comes together in one container if you mix it in something with a lid.
Also, if you make this avocado dressing in your mini food processor, that's great, too; it's just an extra container to wash 🙂
- First, place all ingredients in a container and mix with an immersion blender until smooth, or place in a small food processor and process until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container like a mason jar in the refrigerator for up to one week or so.
PRO TIP: there is no need to remove the leaves from the cilantro; just put it all in and blend!
PRO TIP: The lime keeps the recipe from turning brown.
Ways to Use the Dressing
Other ways to use it:
- on baked potatoes
- drizzled over kale salad
- grilled chicken
- as a dip for veggies
- top a black bean bowl
- over roasted veggies
- on top of burritos or tostadas
Healthy Avocado Dressing is so tasty; we use it as a sauce on any recipes that need a little something extra or a dipping sauce for fries. Give it a try, and let us know what you think!
Our favorite oil to use in this avocado dressing is Avocado Oil. We tried it with olive oil, and the flavor is good; we like how the avocado oil keeps the dressing a little lighter and doesn't harden when in the refrigerator.
Keep your cilantro lime dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
Yes! This dressing/sauce is vegan. It is also dairy-free and soy free.
More Healthy Recipes
Love this healthy Avocado Cilantro Dressing recipe? Please leave a 5 star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below ⬇️ and/or a review in the comment section further down.
Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing Recipe
- immersion blender
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 1 small avocado
- ½ cup cilantro, washed
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of one lime
- salt to taste
- Place all ingredients in a container and mix with an immersion blender until smooth or place in a small food processor and process until smooth.
- Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
This recipe was originally published in 2017. We updated it with additional instructions and video on April 28, 2020.