This 5-minute Healthy Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing is a flavorful way to dress your salads or rice bowls. It’s dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo-friendly, keto, and heart-healthy! Oh, it’s also Whole30!
Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
Once you taste this 5 Minute Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing, you will be obsessed!
Other ways to use it:
- on baked potatoes
- drizzled over kale salad
- grilled chicken
- as a dip for veggies
- top a black bean bowl
- over roasted veggies
- on top of burritos or tostadas
Table of Contents
Why is This Recipe Healthy?
Cilantro is a pretty healthy green leafy little herb!
It’s deep-green leaves possess good amounts of antioxidants, essential oils, vitamins, and dietary fiber, which may reduce the dreaded “bad cholesterol.” A bonus to its unique flavor.
And avocado, sometimes referred to as a superfood, is loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids and fiber.
So this dressing is doubly good for you!
Ingredients for Cilantro Lime Dressing
All you need is 6 simple ingredients:
- Avocado Oil – we find this the best oil to use in the recipe.
- Fresh and Ripe Avocado – one small avocado washed and peeled will do.
- Fresh Cilantro – the star of the show. Just make sure it’s washed!
- Fresh Garlic – it adds a little bite. You can leave the clove whole for blending.
- Lime Juice – gives the recipe a fresh, citrusy flavor.
- Salt – sea salt brings it all together!
How to Make Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing without Yogurt
The recipe could not be easier to whip together. Like 5-minutes easy!
If you have a hand/immersion blender, like this blender, then you’re golden (It’s a kitchen staple for sure). The dressing comes together in one container if you mix it in something with a lid.
Also, if you make it in your mini food processor, that’s great too; it’s just an extra container to wash 🙂
First, place all ingredients in a container and mix with an immersion blender until smooth, or place in a small food processor and process until smooth.
Tip: there is no need to remove the leaves from the cilantro; just put it all in and blend!
Store in an airtight container like a mason jar in the refrigerator for up to one week or so.
Tip: The lime keeps the recipe from turning brown.
What Type of Oil Do You Use in Cilantro Lime Dressing?
Our favorite oil to use in this avocado dressing is Avocado Oil. We tried it with olive oil, and the flavor is good; we like the way the avocado oil keeps the dressing a little lighter and doesn’t harden when in the refrigerator.
Variations On This Dressing
Depending on your dietary constraints and what you like, here are two delicious variations!
- Creamy Greek Yogurt Lime Dressing – this version has almost a ranch like texture to it. Add 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt with the other ingredients and blend. It’s a wonderful sauce for dipping!
- Spicy Avocado Lime Dressing – kick it up a notch and add some fresh jalapeno before blending.
We Love to Hear from YOU!
If you try this Avocado Cilantro Dressing or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let us know how it went in the comments below; we love hearing from you! Better yet, use the hashtag #suburbansimplicity if you make the recipe.
Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
- immersion blender
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 1 small avocado
- 1/2 cup cilantro, washed
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of one lime
- salt to taste
- Place all ingredients in a container and mix with an immersion blender until smooth or place in small food processor and process until smooth.
- Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
This recipe was originally published in 2017. We updated it with additional instructions and video on April 28, 2020.
Healthy Avocado Dressing is so tasty; we kind of use it as a sauce on any recipes that needs a little something extra. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
More Healthy Recipes