Want glowing skin? This Milk and Honey Sugar Scrub is an easy DIY beauty idea for just that! An simple and inexpensive natural beauty product you can make at home.
Milk and Honey Sugar Scrub
Who knew such simple ingredients can create such a lovely DIY beauty product?! This delicious Milk and Honey Sugar Scrub for your face takes only minutes to make and does wonders for your skin.
I love all-natural beauty products like Sugar Scrub Recipes, especially ones you can make for pennies and have such therapeutic benefits. I’ve seen Milk and Honey Scrubs range in price from $15 – $30! Not this one! It’s very inexpensive, but gives you the benefits you’d find at a high-end spa.
This Milk and Honey Scrub is my latest bath and beauty creation you have to try!
Milk and Honey Scrub Benefits
The benefits of a milk and honey scrub are many. Let’s take a look!
- The lactic acid in milk is an alpha-hydroxy acid that naturally eats away dead skin cells, which is great for natural exfoliation.
- Sugar is also a natural exfoliant that helps polish the skin.
- Honey helps open your pores, helping clear away dirt and oil. In addition, honey is antibacterial, so it’s very effective in the prevention and treatment of unwanted acne.
- Honey is also a natural emollient that helps hydrate your skin.
In addition, a honey and milk mask/scrub contains antioxidants that help curb the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on your face. Yes, please!
Oh, you can also cure dry, chapped lips with this stuff!
How to Make a Milk and Honey Sugar Scrub Recipe
You literally only need 3 natural ingredients and you can make this wonderful DIY facial scrub.
1 Tablespoon organic granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon raw honey
1 Teaspoon milk
I like raw honey, but you can use regular as well.
- First, take your sugar and place it in a small bowl.
- Next, add your honey and milk and mix together until fully combined.
See, wasn’t that EASY making a sugar scrub for your face!
Video Tutorial for Milk and Honey Face Scrub
How to Use a Milk and Honey Facial Scrub
Start with a clean face. Once your Milk and Honey Sugar Scrub is mixed and ready, apply it all over your face in circular motions and let it sit for a few minutes and then wash off.
TIP – It’s best of open your pores with warm water before use to increase the effectiveness.
If you want to use it as a mask, how long should you leave your milk and honey scrub on your face? That depends on how sensitive your skin is, but a general guideline is about 30 minutes. I’ve keep it on for more than a hour while I do household chores and my skin is fine – well, glowing to be exact!
Tips for Making and Using a Milk and Honey Scrub
- Since this scrub contains a perishable ingredient, it doesn’t keep. So it’s best to make it and then use it the same day.
- Since the skin on your face is delicate, graduated sugar is best to use in this recipe.
- As I mentioned, I like raw honey, but you can use whatever type of honey you like.
- You can use this scrub 1-2 times per week, but always test to make sure it’s safe for your skin.
This natural Milk and Honey Scrub acts as a great pick-me-up and can do wonders for drab, dull skin.
You May Also Like These DIY Beauty Products:
Content on our website is provided for general informational purposes and should not be considered medical advice. Product information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Suburban Simplicity is not liable for any individual reaction to any particular ingredient. Remember to read ingredient lists carefully and follow the appropriate directions for use. If you have a specific allergy or sensitivity, do not use ingredients that may trigger a reaction. Discontinue use if a reaction occurs.
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!