Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce is a 20-minute pressure cooker meal that’s easy, budget-friendly, and satisfies the whole family.
Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
Mmmm, spaghetti! It’s a classic pasta dish that everyone loves, so let’s make it quick and easy in your Instant Pot! There is no doubt, Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce is a simple and economical recipe that feeds a family like no other!
What makes this recipe even better? It’s lightened up by using ground turkey. It’s still a very flavorful, satisfying meal, just made with less saturated fat!
Of course, you can always use ground beef or chicken if that’s what you’re in the mood for this week!
You may be asking yourself the following question…
Can You Cook Pasta in the Instant Pot?
Yes! You can certainly cook pasta in the instant pot! It turns out tender and perfect – as long as you don’t overcook it.
Here are a couple of tips when cooking spaghetti in the Instant Pot:
- Because of its length, the spaghetti needs to be broken in half to make it fit under the liquid and cook properly within the pot.
- Once it’s done cooking, it may seem like there is too much liquid. Just give the pasta a quick stir and it will be just the right consistency.
- Regular, gluten-free or whole wheat pasta can be used when making pasta in the Instant Pot.
How to Make Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
One of the biggest benefits of using your Instant Pot is cooking everything in one pot.
Step One: Brown Your Meat
The first step is to press sauté on your Instant Pot, add tablespoon of olive oil, let it heat and cook your ground turkey and salt (or ground beef) and break it into small chunks. About 3-4 minutes. Add your onions and garlic and cook another minute or two.
Step Two: Add Your Sauce and Spaghetti
Now, add your marinara sauce, water, basil and spaghetti. Break the pasta in half to fit into the Instant pot to be fully covered by the liquid. Press down if necessary, but don’t stir.
Step Three: Cook & Serve
Cover and cook on high pressure setting for 8 minutes. When done, do a quick release so the pasta doesn’t continue cooking. Finally, give it a quick stir and serve topped with grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Alternative Cooking Method: You can always cook your spaghetti and meat sauce following the same instructions, but using a large pot on the stove. After your meat is browned, cover ingredients and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, or until tender. Stir halfway through.
Tips for Cooking Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- Some Instant Pot models have a very sensitive burn sensor. To prevent this warning from going off, when using the sauté function, always deglaze the pot with a tablespoon or two of water or broth before adding your other ingredients.
- It may seem like there is too much liquid after cooking your Spaghetti in the Instant Pot, just give it a quick stir and it will be the right consistency.
- If using ground beef, make sure to drain the fat before adding remaining ingredients.
- Leftovers are great the next day for lunch or dinner!
What to Serve with Instant Pot Spaghetti
- The kids love garlic bread with their spaghetti. I try and make sure it’s a whole wheat version.
- For greens, a nice side salad or green beans would be great.
- Of course pasta is ALWAYS delish topped with grated Parmesan cheese!!
Tools Used to Make Instant Pot Spaghetti
This post contains affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
If you’ve tried this Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce or any other recipe on Suburban Simplicity, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, fun crafts + DIYs and what I’m up to on a daily basis!
Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 25 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese optional
- Press sauté on your Instant Pot, add tablespoon of olive oil, let it heat up. Cook your ground turkey and salt (or ground beef) while breaking it into small chunks. About 3-4 minutes. Add your onions and garlic and cook another minute or two.
- Add your marinara sauce, water, basil and spaghetti to pot. Break the pasta in half to fit into the Instant pot to be fully covered by the liquid. Press down if necessary, but don't stir.
- Cover and cook on high pressure setting for 8 minutes. When done, do a quick release so the pasta doesn't continue cooking. Finally, give it a quick stir and serve topped with grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- Ground beef or chicken can be used in place of ground turkey in this recipe.
- Gluten-free or regular pasta can be used in place of whole wheat.
Enjoy pasta night!! It’s a favorite around here.
Other Instant Pot Dinners to Try
Join for a FREE 5 Day Series to Simplify Your Life
Plus DIYs, crafts, recipes and helpful tips delivered directly to your inbox!